快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: heres one for you guys...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

doolowHome userMember since 2006
a friend asked me to make a cd to workout mix.. so i make a nice house mix..i wait for a reply...she comes back and says... ITS TOO SLOW!!! they wasnt feeling it...So heres the question i ask to you...what RNB Rap "old school" that is...is faster than "house" music..as she couldnt give me an answer...bpm range was 120 130..thanx alot for the help ..if anyone wants the hear the mix...ill send you a link

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 12:20 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I have made so omany of these tapes/CDs/digital tapes over the years its not funny. Here is my advice..stop. The instructor is never going to be happy, they have a picture in their head of how it is going to sound, in over twenty years of mixing not once have I ever been able to make that picture come ti life. Twice I even had the girl sitting with me when I made the CD, and twice (both different gilrs) they came back and asked me for something different, even though they helped me create the first one. But I am just a cave man I could be wrong.

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 12:25 am
Love the 2 live crew, quad city djs, lots of eazy e/nwa stuff is pretty fast 100 miles n runnin, rob base - it takes 2, Psycho - Redrum, Mc Hammer has lots of fast stuff like Pray and its all good, kool g rap - #1 with a bullet, D-Nice - my name is d-nice, ice cube has tons like nappy dugout and there goes the neighbourhood and jackin for beats, public enemy - brothers gonna work it out, and some funk thats fast jackson 5 - hum along and dance, jimmy castor bunch - its just begun, rhythm heritege - theme from swat. Theres tons of good stuff out there

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 12:46 am
adding shes forrty and didnt want raunchy tunes...and how many of those songs....besides the 1st three are in the bpm range...i think im gonna agree with Tearemup.. my rnb and hip hop mixes go...but if they cant give me an artist a tune something to build off..ill pass...cant just say old school anymore...2 -3 yr old songs are considered old school these days

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 12:55 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
ask her for a few songs SHE thinks will be good and build off that similar feel but it's hard making them all happy.

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 1:11 am
did that...couldnt give me one...

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 1:15 am
doolow wrote :
adding shes forrty and didnt want raunchy tunes...and how many of those songs....besides the 1st three are in the bpm range...i think im gonna agree with Tearemup.. my rnb and hip hop mixes go...but if they cant give me an artist a tune something to build off..ill pass...cant just say old school anymore...2 -3 yr old songs are considered old school these days

40??? Does she like older DJs with long hair no money three DJ systems and two daughters???? If so send her my way!!!!!!!!!

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 1:16 am
40 is not old..

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 1:32 am
no it isnt..I'm 44...lol hence older...older than she is....lol!

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 2:19 am
lol...i dont think you wanna be bothered TearEmUp

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 3:40 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You should try using the house remixes of the hip hop, R&B and Pop songs that are out.
Also house remakes of the 80s & 90s songs go over good too.
Feel free to pitch everything up, and keep the songs short so they don't get tired of the 4 min intro & outro of a song .
But even if you make the best mix of your life, I have to agree that Aerobic instructors are never compleetly happy and don't understand how much work it takes to make it.

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 4:46 am
I think that most people think that when you make a mixtape, you just put it in wma and burn. They don't realize it takes over an hour + of your time ( more like 2 + hours ) to pic out song selection, play and record, listen to your work then do some edits.

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 4:53 pm
i think you are confusing yourself when you are listening to her say "it's too slow". you are thinking in terms of BPM and you are thinking that 130BPM is much, much faster than old school hip-hop, which is typically 94-110 BPM. if you keeping thinking in terms of BPM, you'll never satisfy what she wants. quit thinking in terms of BPM and think in terms of energy. I don't know of any examples specific to your music needs but an example I was just thinking was Ludacris - Move @ 85BPM has a whole lot more energy than say, Cassie - Me & U @ 100BPM.

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 10:26 pm
Lot's of "house music" sounds "slow" to me. I imagine you've made a "lounge mix". Stuff people might dance to, but it would not get them jumping up and down. Maybe try to pump it up more next time.

发表时间 Thu 17 May 07 @ 10:24 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)