快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Weeeeeeee : ) Total Control - Page: 5

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

trez777 wrote :
a quick question to evryone - i have a mk1 (old herc) and i wanted to use that as my soundcard instead of getting a new soundcard. would that work with numark total control? the setup is going to be like the total control controlling vdj/cue then the mk1 functions as my soundcard so i could get the left/right rcas and plug 'em to my external mixer. would that work? is there a function in vdj that would allow me to use the mk1 only as a soundcard?

That will work ;)

发表时间 Fri 18 May 07 @ 5:20 pm
If I might make a suggestion, why not sell off your old Herc for enough funds for a new PCMCIA sound card, like an Audigy 2 card instead? I would think either would work, but by selling off the herc and replacing it with a regular sound card, you'd have more desk space.

发表时间 Fri 18 May 07 @ 6:46 pm
sleeperawaken wrote :
If I might make a suggestion, why not sell off your old Herc for enough funds for a new PCMCIA sound card, like an Audigy 2 card instead? I would think either would work, but by selling off the herc and replacing it with a regular sound card, you'd have more desk space.

because I always have backup behind backup for every show wheather it's a club or a wedding... If the show stops, it's not because of me. Sometimes I use a laptop for simpler shows ( neighborhood, pool parties, house parties, or when space is limited. )

发表时间 Fri 18 May 07 @ 7:13 pm
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Do i'm right to think Total Control is an "little" upgrade over DJC MK2 ?? I have my MK2 for less than 1 year and I would change to Total Control with Maya44 USB ... Do you think i'm right ?

Thanks !

Pascal

发表时间 Fri 18 May 07 @ 9:36 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@ Pcl73 & all those interested in comparing controllers:

Personally I don't think so, the Mk2s weakest when used as a mixer because the EQ knobs and sliders are of low quality, but as a Dual deck and soundcard it's pretty solid, I play infront of thousands with my MK2, great sound quality, perfect for beatmixing, looping, hot cueing and effects activation.

If you don't have a hardware mixer you'd be better off investing in one, I'd recommend the Pioneer DJM400 (about the same price as a Total control + Maya) and offers much more of an experience such as latency free mixing and amazing effects(you already have a soundcard remember).

If you have a mixer already then the Total control doesn't offer much as an 'upgrade' from the MK2, The Vestax VCI-100 would serve as a better "all in one solution" with its strong Mixing functionality and Jog wheels, whilst the XP10s would open up the doors to Scratching (whilst preserving an integrated soundcard which is pretty essential).

That's my position anyway, so I wont be investing in the Total control although it's clearly a very good unit, this unit is perfect for anyone with a DJ soundcard (4.1) looking for their first controller.

发表时间 Fri 18 May 07 @ 11:47 pm
So with a soundcard (4.1) and total control ,you can listen to to your cue (next coming song) or should I buy the BCD 3000?

发表时间 Sat 19 May 07 @ 12:16 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes you can listen to your cue, I'm not a fan of the BCD series, cheap and nasty imo.

发表时间 Sat 19 May 07 @ 12:34 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
My total control didn't show up today :( I'm looking forward to giving it a fair review.

发表时间 Sat 19 May 07 @ 1:01 am
trez777Home userMember since 2006
any more reviews on this baby?

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 3:54 pm
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
trez777 wrote :
any more reviews on this baby?

I'm still waiting for delivery +/- 5 days from now !

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 5:28 pm
My total control showed up today. I'll post a full review with pictures later today.

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 5:31 pm
I got mine yesterday. It's a nice little unit. I did notice the lag that paulcetera mentioned. Especially when moving the crossfader quickly.

Where do I register it so I can get that nifty little icon under my name?

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 5:36 pm
Total Control First Impression

Well, I finally got it yesterday. It's a nice unit. All I had to do was plug it in, enable it under the config menu in VDJ and it was ready to rock.

Pros

It seems like it's built pretty solid.
Not as chinsy as the MK2.

I LOVE having a physical control surface.
Much better than a mouse/hotkeys.

The layout is nice.
Everything is easy to find and not so close that you're constantly bumping other knobs/faders.

It's pretty. :sqwink:
It's a very good looking unit.

Cons

No "nudge" buttons.
When beatmixing, I line up the beats in the waveform display up top (the little squares underneath don't cut it most of the time). A lot of times it takes a nudge or two to get everything lined up perfectly.

The only way to do this on the Total Control is with the jog wheels. I got used to it after a while, but a dedicated nudge button would be really nice to have.

No "Smart Loop" Buttons
As VDJ users know, there are buttons on the skin for 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8, & 16 beat loops. You hit one of these buttons and it automatically makes whatever length loop.

The way you have to make a loop is with the "Loop In" and "Loop Out" buttons. Once you have created your loop, you can lengthen or shorten it easily with the push of a button (nice touch). I can eye it up on the waveform so it's not a huge deal, but not as easy as a dedicated autoloop button.

It might be possible to program a custom "smart loop" button since the controller uses MIDI. I'm thinking make the "Loop In" a 4 beat loop and the "Loop OuT" an 8 beat loop (the 2 most common loop lengths I use).

Crossfader Lag
This one came up earlier. It's more noticeable the faster you move the crossfader. It's not a serious lag, but just enough that it's noticeable. Not a problem for me since I'm not a scratch DJ, but for those who are, it could be a drawback.

Overall, I'm really happy with the unit. I can't wait to really get serious with it and see what kind of windows it can open.

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 6:02 pm
DJ Cyder wrote :
My total control didn't show up today :( I'm looking forward to giving it a fair review.

I've got mine. I unpacked it and briefly hooked it up. Definitely syncs great with Virtual Vinyl. For a user that has never used a Midi Mixer I was impressed by the functionality. ie. loading songs from the mixer, using it to cue and play tracks, ect...I want to give it a fair review also, but so far it feels very unprofessional. Can't Headphone Cue? Im running Virtual Vinyl on my Macbook Pro using Bootcamp and Windows XP as the Mac version is not currently up to par. Once I get me decks hooked up and optimize it for Windows I'll give it a fair review.

My suggestion to users wanting to purchase Total Control. Wait...I wish I did. I prob will send it back and get a more proffesional product.

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 6:38 pm
It is a plastic controller at a specific price point. Dire Straits was right on about money for nothing. At this price point the controller really is a good value, It does a lot. I'm setting up and audio only rig and this thing can sit right next to the laptop and look like its right at home. I do wish all the faders felt like the crossfader, its really got a better feel the the up and down ones.

Setting it up was pretty brainless, just plug it in and it works right out of the box. I'll do some more serious mixing on it today. I'm using the VV box as well with it and it seems to work good for me.

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 7:29 pm
It looks like I'll be picking one of these up next week, after I collect pay for a Gig on friday.

So has anyone tried scratching on this thing? I'm not talking like Q-Bert level scratching...LOL... I wouldn't expect anyone to go to the championships scratching on a Total Control, but just some simple scratching, like I've seem people do on the Hercules MKII. How are the wheels compared to the MKII?

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 10:59 pm
Also, I heard you can upgrade to Cue Pro. Now that it is out, can I ask how much it would cost to upgrade to Pro from the version of Cue LE that comes with the Total Control?

I heard someone say it would be $89, and that sounds great, but it also sounds lower than I was expecting. Anyone know for sure???

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 11:02 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
sleeperawaken wrote :
Also, I heard you can upgrade to Cue Pro. Now that it is out, can I ask how much it would cost to upgrade to Pro from the version of Cue LE that comes with the Total Control?

I heard someone say it would be $89, and that sounds great, but it also sounds lower than I was expecting. Anyone know for sure???

The Jogs feel very nice, they have a solid feel to them. I believe the $89 upgrade is for the other software that come with the unit, Traktor 3. I am not a scratcher but playing around I think for simple scratchig they would be fine. I have had mine a week now and used it for two broadcasts on VDJR so far. it is a very nice unit.

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 11:24 pm
I just spent the last 24 hr ripping apart my old rig and built it back up with my NTC, Dam I’m good.. I’ll take some shots of it tonight at my gig and post the in the AM..

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 11:37 pm
Thanks for the excellent response. I am looking forward to getting mine :)

Also, to the last, I look forward to seeing what your rig looks like with the NTC :) That's some fast work!

发表时间 Thu 24 May 07 @ 12:15 am
54%