快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Is this a good lappy?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

发表时间 Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 8:33 pm
I saw the same one... I went into store to chech it out myself. I am torn between laptop and tower due to possible later upgrades.

发表时间 Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 8:43 pm
I am getting this lappy to run as back up. I currently run a rack mount system. I want the lappy to be able to do everything the rack mount will though.

发表时间 Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 8:46 pm

发表时间 Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 9:25 pm
i got the 15 inch screen version of that....i love it!!!!!! it works great with all my softwares and my MK2.

发表时间 Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 9:26 pm
Thank you Armada.

A man and his music: I looked there, it wasn't listed. That's why I posted. (I searched for quite a bit before posting.)

发表时间 Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 9:28 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've got the same laptop with a different spec. Mine has 2x180gb har drives and a 512mb video card and 1.8Ghz Duo processor.

There seems to be a hell of a lot of different models in this laptop range, so make sure you get the one that is best for you. It would be annoying to find a higher spec one for just a few £ more.

Mine runs VDJ perfectly

While you wait for it to arrive, you could start making yourself a skin for VDJ. This laptop has 1440x900 and there are no VDJ skins available at this res (maybe 2 made by users, but not suitable for what i use vdj for)

The quality and build of the laptop is very good, its sturdy and the chassis doesn't flex and the screen is rock solid.

Just to back up how much i like it, after 2 weeks of owning mine, i went and broke the cd/dvd drawer. I took it back and they said i could have a refund, exchange for the same, or exchange for a different brand/model, and i chose exactly the same one again. :)

Good luck!

发表时间 Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 10:07 pm
Thank you for your opinion. I just got back from the store with it. I do have a 1440x900 skin for it. I ran the DAC3 skin through the resizer program and it works pretty good. Just some buttons that look a bit off.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 12:24 am
Let me know how the video works because I was interested in the same model... I just about got everything in motion except for the computer...

GIVE IT A GOOD TEST DRIVE... let us know: )

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 12:29 am
More tests to come, but after 30 minutes of playin' around with it extended onto a 60" monitor rusults in...............TOTALLY KICK-ASS!

Everything runs nice & smooth. vob files load in like 4 seconds, decode while hidden works which results in smooth video transitions, no video skips while looping, and cpu usage runs around 25% with two vob files playing at the same time- split screen. When loading, cup goes to about 70%.

This lappy is for backup incase my rack mount CPS goes down, but damn, this thing is just as good! Well, that IS what I wanted afterall. Not bad for $1350;)

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 3:18 am
A backup SHOULD be just as good, what good would it be if you needed it and it didn't work.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 4:50 pm
true dat!

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 5:42 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)