快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

话题: Do drum machine VST's work with VDJ?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

First time poster here, my question is as follows. I have been thinking about buying a Akai MPC to work on some drum tracks to use in my VDJ sessions. Now I'm reading up on the drum machine VST's I'm thinking about purchasing one of these instead.

Anyone had any experience with these? I don't want to go the route of buying a complete sequencing package (i.e. logic or cubase) because I don't think it will play nice with VDJ and hog memory and processing power. The MPC might be the best solution for me, since it is stand alone but if I can save a few bucks I'd rather use a VST.

Thanks in advance.

发表时间 Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 4:11 am
Bump, no one done this or knows?

Looks like I might have to suck it up and pay the extra cash for an MPC.

发表时间 Fri 20 Apr 07 @ 6:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
multilayed vst are unlikey to work unfortunately

发表时间 Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 1:20 pm
I think only can work VST effects, not VST instruments.

发表时间 Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 5:54 pm
You can test it, the fast way to know it.

Do you have any link to a DRUM MACHINE in VST to let me test too?

发表时间 Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 5:55 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
That would be pretty cool for things like megamixes where the beat stay pretty constant and other elements are mixed on top.

发表时间 Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 7:58 pm
listen2 wrote :
That would be pretty cool for things like megamixes where the beat stay pretty constant and other elements are mixed on top.

You can have some BEATS loops on the VDJ sampler for the megamixes.

发表时间 Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 11:29 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
True... but i think the plugin drum machine would be nice assigned to each channel/deck, i only have a 2 channel mixer so the sampler plays out of both channels making my fader useless with samples, plus i rather program my own drum patters sometimes then just drop a beat.

发表时间 Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 9:01 pm
I would use Midi controls from VDJ (I think I can do this) or from my MK2 (Almost positive I can assign a key to do it) to start and stop the drum machine. All track sequencing and effects will be done on the drum machine, in short I would build the drum loops on the MPC and change them on the fly and than send midi controls to stop and stop them.

The drum machine will just be on a third channel on my mixer.

Looking at one of the new Akai MPC1000 or the older MPC3000 (Built like a tank but not as much sample memory).

发表时间 Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 6:45 pm
Will try to test one of the free VST drum machines as a test but I'm guessing you guys are right and it won't work (to much overhead).

Will post some results later.

发表时间 Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 6:47 pm
listen2 wrote :
True... but i think the plugin drum machine would be nice assigned to each channel/deck, i only have a 2 channel mixer so the sampler plays out of both channels making my fader useless with samples, plus i rather program my own drum patters sometimes then just drop a beat.

You can have an UC33e to control 9 samples volumes, check it at:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

发表时间 Wed 02 May 07 @ 4:35 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)