快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: sorry guys but..................... - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hey guys. i really do like this program but can you please make it read id3 tags properly!?!?! that is the only reason why im not using it anymore. I have over 20,000 files that are all ID3 tagged with comments and bpms and VDJ cant read them right so i can never find them. Im sorry but i don't have the time to go threw 20,000 files and rename them so I can find them on VDJ. I think most people that have a huge collection thats already ID3 Tagged and wanna switch over to VDJ would agree with what im saying.

SO PLEASE CAN YOU MAKE AN UPDATE SO VDJ CAN READ ID3 TAGS FULLY!!!

thanks shaun

www.djcaraby.com

www.myspace.com/djcaraby

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 2:03 am
I also had your problem! I used Tag & Rename to transferr the ID3 tag, in to Artist - Title.mp3 on all my tracks, worked a treat!

VDJ trys not to read the ID3 tags, as this takes much longer to search (IE opening each one of your MP3s reading the tag, then closing it and moving on to the next one of your 20,000 tracks!)ect, than reading the info from one database.

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 2:13 am
i understand that but if you have ever used ssl or tracktor, the search engin in those programs is just as fast if not faster than in vdj!!! so if they can get it done, i know vdj can get it done

you used want program? will it transfer the bpms of all my files too? vdj bpm counter is way off when it comes to reggae, rap, and r&b songs.

www.djcaraby.com

www.myspace.com/djcaraby

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 3:19 am
Yes have same problem to ! I use WMA (all recorded in windows media player, Yea I know !, to many to change tho & did it along time ago !) NO track names or anything show up !!! just >>Track 1, Track 2 ect......???? The id tag "reader thingy BOB" should be more universal !!!

ChrisB

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 7:49 am
i like VDJ but .....i have Traktor and the search and browser functions and the idv3tags ....much more advanced in Traktor....also very rare to have a database problem or fatal error w/ Traktor......they need a relocate feature, ability to edit any idv3 tag info anywhere as in no matter where the track is currently, tracks should not disappear period, forget about repeat the list, a NUMBERED list, the preview player should include the stripe, the database confirm, backup repair should be by default not plugin, much better use of the precious onscreen real estate.....maybe time to lose the turntables......lotsa opportunity areas here......the search needs to search not filter.......flashing countdown song timer, anumbered list of the whole database, and count karaoke and video separate......include rippers......
this stuff should have much more priority than a mac version.......this stuff should have much more priority than a mac version.....

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 10:10 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djcaraby wrote :

I second this request.
Or make it an option so those users who want have the database read/write the filenames only can have that - & users who want the database to read/write by id3 tags only, can also select as the default behavior.

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 10:26 am
thanks guys!!! i knew i couldn't be the only one. i use traktor 3 too and i can find every and any song in less than a second with out having to change anything to look for it!!! way back when i ripped a ton of cds i used real player and most of my older stuff is named track 1, track 2 ..... this should really be put at the top of this list if u want more people to convert to vdj

www.djcaraby.com

www.myspace.com/djcaraby

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 2:31 pm
they are aware that this is wanted and working on it

its been posted new features forum previously

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 2:33 pm
I just wanted to download a skin but it said i dont have a professional license. How do I get the license?
Im new in this forum, please help me. Thanks

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 3:20 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
bensucot wrote :
I just wanted to download a skin but it said i dont have a professional license. How do I get the license?
Im new in this forum, please help me. Thanks

please stay on topic ,

to download skins you need to be a pro level member to get a licence you need to buy the software .

http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

发表时间 Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 3:24 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
djcaraby wrote :

I second this request.
Or make it an option so those users who want have the database read/write the filenames only can have that - & users who want the database to read/write by id3 tags only, can also select as the default behavior.

I second that too, I tried to use database updater but it didn't work for me. I don't think that tool works. I need my mixmeister bpm's I have too many songs to re-analyse all over again. ID3 TAGS SUPPORT PLEASE.

http://www.myspace.com/djkillbill

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 1:21 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm aware this is on the agenda, but so are a lot of things.

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 7:47 pm
I also use Tag N Rename and it works like a charm. You can add the bpm info on the filename.
DJ Angel S

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 8:18 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Bagpuss wrote :
I'm aware this is on the agenda, but so are a lot of things.

Maybe with your ultra vip status, you can ask the developers nicely & we may get it pushed a couple places up the list.

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 8:28 pm
DJ ANGEL S wrote :
I also use Tag N Rename and it works like a charm. You can add the bpm info on the filename.
DJ Angel S
Yeah, but after you load it into vdj, vdj's engine will re-analyse the song & put it's own bpm. Am I right or wrong?

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 8:50 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think this is one of those issues that's been bumped many times and just before getting the make over it needs something bigger gets in the way, consider the recent release: New sound engine and Timecode engine, lots of bug fixes, and before that Video. At the moment it's no secret that the MAC version is under development which means a wait for regular Windows updates, and my guess would be that the next update would focus on addressing the minor bugs discovered since 4.2.

The wish list is huge, and it's really hard to draw up a priority list, especially when the users are so diverse.

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 8:53 pm
You are right. I use it only as a reference point.
Even if it did read ID tags your tracks will still need to be analyze as well.
DJ Angel S

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 8:54 pm
Bagpuss wrote :
I think this is one of those issues that's been bumped many times and just before getting the make over it needs something bigger gets in the way, consider the recent release: New sound engine and Timecode engine, lots of bug fixes, and before that Video. At the moment it's no secret that the MAC version is under development which means a wait for regular Windows updates, and my guess would be that the next update would focus on addressing the minor bugs discovered since 4.2.

The wish list is huge, and it's really hard to draw up a priority list, especially when the users are so diverse.

I understand what you're are saying, so far the teamers have been listening, i'm sure not everybody is gonna be satisfied but so far TCV-wise, everything looks good. Especially with the new tcv's out. Oh man what glory.

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 9:10 pm

The browser needs a tune-up, including IDtag support and more...

Its on the list, and will come :)

Its getting very high on the list too, now that a few more priority tasks have been dealt with

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 9:46 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yeah, searching in the browser could be way better. Say I want to play:
P.Diddy feat. Christina Aguilera - Tell Me

I need to type it in the correct order, not just:
Diddy Aguilera

(sorry to get off topic)

That's my biggest complaint, along with the idtag support.

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 9:57 pm
59%