快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: LAPTOP RECOMMENDATION

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I HAVE A DELL INSPERION 1100 AND AM LOOKING TO GET A NEW LAPTOP.....ANY FEEDBACK ANYONE CAN PROVIDE ON LAPTOPS THEY CURRENTLY USE WOULD BE HELPFUL

发表时间 Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 2:47 am
It would help if we knew how much you wanted to spend (budget)... and where you are from (USA, Europe, etc). Then I could give you a better idea on what is available in your spending range.

I have an HP NW9400 and it works extremely well.

发表时间 Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 4:15 am
i have a desktop and a laptop system.......the laptop is an hp. i no longer reccomend laptops,any manufacturers laptop , for a few reasons . if you are going to get a laptop no matter what, keep your music on an external hard drive. i also advise that you not get xp media center edition.

发表时间 Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 7:31 am
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
i have a desktop and a laptop system.......the laptop is an hp. i no longer reccomend laptops,any manufacturers laptop , for a few reasons . if you are going to get a laptop no matter what, keep your music on an external hard drive. i also advise that you not get xp media center edition.

Any reason why you would advise keeping music on an external hard drive? I have my music stored on my main HD... but on a separate partition from the OS.

发表时间 Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 9:33 am
Bacause if yer laptop hdd fucks upp you probably have to send the entire computer in for service. No brand computer company will ever send you parts home so that you can change them by your self. Exampel,if you call fujitsu siemens computers tech support they´ll first of all tell you to reinstall the entire computer before creating a service procedure on it. If the recovery of the system fial you usualy have to call them again and say that it faild,first then,and only then they will create a service procedure, and then ( this is for Sweden,don´t know how it´s ion opther countries ) you hace to send the computer by yourself to them to an address that you get from the support techie...how do I know this..well..I work for them...but only two more days ;)..personally I prefer acer,ok..their warranty sucks ( only one year ) but when my harddrive crashed I called and they sent me a new harddrive( had of course to explain that I´m no noob when it coms to laptop assembling and computers )

发表时间 Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 10:25 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just dont get another Dell :D

发表时间 Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 12:32 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dell hardrives are programed to self destruct after exactly 3 years

every dell i have ever serviced or bought has failed at this time

most fishy if u ask me

发表时间 Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:23 pm
every now and then this topic flares up again.....since i was asked to expand on my remarks i will. just in this past week my lappy "crashed"....it just wouldn't boot and wouldn't even go into safe mode. it had bad boot sectors and the problem very probably was caused by a windows automatic update trying to run while i was booting up......so do the updates manually, and i advise always bootup and shutdown properly , don't rush through it......

since i had my music backed up to both an external drive AND an internal drive on my backup desktop system catastrophe was averted.....i just used the backup system for about 4 days 'til i got the lappy back...notice i had a backup to the backup......

i am not interested in what is the easiest way to play the music.....i always use my soundcard (s) at the strip club and when i do parties and weddings.....

it would be easier to just put the music on the C: and use no soundcard . i believe that it is unprofessional to be in a position where you cannot preview in the headphones, and so you have to have the soundcard and the external hd......it takes 2 to 5 minutes of extra setup, so what.

i believed even b4 my lappy crashed that laptops can be very temperamental. also if you open up a laptop and upgrade (if you can) then you void the warranty.....it's easier to upgrade a desktop system.
since you can get a desktop system neatly rack mounted i would recommend that. also the same specs from a desktop system costs less.......

also i don't pan or praise individual brands because that makes no sense to me....why , because i have an e machines desktop that is supposed to stink but doesn't , and a more respectable HP and it has disappointed ..... go figure

to sum up ...i am willing to have whatever complexity it takes to have the features and reliability i have to have......simplicity and portability are nice but they don't give me what i need .

we've had this tossed around at this forum b4......i know people can have strong feelings let's keep it
civilized.....

Chuck Visual Stand up Philosopher.........

发表时间 Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:35 pm
Laptop hard drives are VERY EASY to swap out usually. I can swap out a laptop hard drive in about 60 seconds.

If you are looking for reliability... or some sort of redundancy... just buy a second laptop hard drive and install the OS and all the VDJ necessities on that as well as a copy of your songs. Then if you want... you can buy a notebook USB2 enclosure for it. Some notebook enclosures don't even need power (they get power off USB port).

*If* my primary laptop hard drive fails... I could get a new hard drive in there booted up and ready to go by the end of the next song thats about to play. ;)

I really don't see a need to use an external hard drive to store music unless you only use it because your primary hard drive is full. An external hard drive can fail just as easily as a primary.

发表时间 Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 8:48 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
i believed even b4 my lappy crashed that laptops can be very temperamental. also if you open up a laptop and upgrade (if you can) then you void the warranty.....it's easier to upgrade a desktop system.
since you can get a desktop system neatly rack mounted i would recommend that. also the same specs from a desktop system costs less.......

You will not void the warranty by replacing the hard drive on a laptop. The only way you will do this is if the manufacturer puts one of those seals over the screws that you have to break in order to replace it (thus they will know you opened it).

You swap out a hard drive from underneath the laptop usually. Four screws. I have dealt with Acer, Toshiba, and HP and never have they told me I will void the warranty by replacing the hard drive.

If you are trying to replace a system board or a keyboard... maybe. But not a hard drive (or RAM for that matter).

发表时间 Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 8:51 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)