快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: orange county. so cal.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

anyone around here from orange county? i really need to know what else i can do w/ vdj. someone to teach me to scratch, cut and mix better than i already do. i suck and im pretty basic. im getting my tables this friday. already have a mixer and im gonna try out the trial, before i buy. NEED HELP FROM THA PROS.

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 2:29 am
scratching is a pain in the neck, or somewhat lower.

just keep at it. you'll feel better when you do. find videos on the net, read some articles and you'll be fine.

try to master what dj get down did in the vdj dj getdown video.

3 things i can tell you.

1. i hear it's hard as hell configuring the "vinyl".

2. you'll be fine with the hercules mk2 versoin. simply limited tech support and no plug ins. take your time on purchasing. if not too late, you might want to purchase the numark virtual vinyl. same product, but with a 3 line out sound card, tccd, and tcv

3., the one thing is that i don't know if you are entitled to the updates/upgrades.

if you have 4.2, then you are set.

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 2:50 am
inda_bebe wrote :
anyone around here from orange county? i really need to know what else i can do w/ vdj. someone to teach me to scratch, cut and mix better than i already do. i suck and im pretty basic. im getting my tables this friday. already have a mixer and im gonna try out the trial, before i buy. NEED HELP FROM THA PROS.

I'm here in Tustin, CA.

You can also visit my crew partner's (Icy Ice - KDAY 93.5, Beat Junkies) store in Cerritos, "Stacks Vinyl" http://www.stacksvinyl.com/store/

They have in-store workshops for guys and girls (Female Dj Clinics) that want to learn the art of turntablism.

There's also a lot of live performances held there by solo artists, groups, and more as well as turntablist showcases by world renowned turntablists like Q-Bert and others from the Beat Junkies, Invisibl Skratch Piklz and others!

Check out some of the in-store tutorial and performance videos here:
http://www.stacksvinyl.com/media/exclusive_mpegs_videos.php

Feel free to poke around the rest of the website too.

Good luck inda_bebe!

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 3:03 am
solid, bro. so you'll sorta have the same set up as me, using the mk2. how is it working for you?

ive heard about your boyz' store, heard about it since years ago when i stopped mixing for a while. ill check out the clinic. do they also use VDJ?

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 5:49 am
inda_bebe wrote :
solid, bro. so you'll sorta have the same set up as me, using the mk2. how is it working for you?

Works alright for simple mixing, but I'm only using it until the new TCV's and Mac version of VDJ or Virtual Vinyl are released.

I can't stand not using vinyl.

inda_bebe wrote :
ive heard about your boyz' store, heard about it since years ago when i stopped mixing for a while. ill check out the clinic. do they also use VDJ?

Not yet. ;)

Ice knows all about it because I use it when we spin together. He's just waiting for me to let him know when he can use reords and when there's a Mac version.

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 5:54 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
whats up, orange county here too. located in Irvine and Anaheim

been mixing audio with VDJ since I started djing and just starting mixing videos not too recently... been doing clubs and mobile stuff for anout a year and a half now. hit me up if you need anything!

kedar
www.djk-dar.com

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 8:20 am
ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If youre 21 years of age or older, go to Club Vegas on Saturday nights in Costa Mesa. They have two rooms and both are utilizing the VDJ system in different capacities. One DJ had the MK2 rig and the other is utilizing timecoded vinyl...one sec...had to google the address...1901 Newport Blvd and 19th St..or www.clubvegas.us

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 9:55 am
ashlar wrote :
If youre 21 years of age or older, go to Club Vegas on Saturday nights in Costa Mesa. They have two rooms and both are utilizing the VDJ system in different capacities. One DJ had the MK2 rig and the other is utilizing timecoded vinyl...one sec...had to google the address...1901 Newport Blvd and 19th St..or www.clubvegas.us

yes, club vegas does videos now too. i used to be a resident there (before they installed video). i spin videos at fox sports irvine spectrum every friday. stop by. can't teach you much while i'm dj'ing but you can come say what's up.

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 5:17 pm

The first album is our recent event at Club Vegas in Costa Mesa just this past January 19th.

Keep checking back at our website to see where else we'll be at and the galleries of where we've been. =)

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 5:41 pm
damn, glad that i put up this topic. i havent been to club vegas, but i do know where its at. i want to try getting into video mixing also. i was into video editing, but it just took a lot of time to do. i got to hook up w/ some of the boyz here. any of you guys got myspace, hit me up w/ a message. cause i usually deny people that i dont know.

check out this footage i made of my lil bro.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ByiiXNMbgW8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ByiiXNMbgW8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByiiXNMbgW8

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 3:10 am
ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Funny, for some reason I can't click on your name and send a private message.

www.myspace.com/beejryan

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 6:24 am
www.myspace.com/frodriguez719

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 9:14 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)