快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Re-Editing and making your own Music videos

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Just wondering if anybody does their own re-edits of music videos and if so, what software you use? I have just got Ulead Videostudio 10 plus which is great for making home movies but not so easy to work with moving audio and video around accurately.

I use Funkymix, Ultimix and mainly extended mixes in my sets. I also use Adobe Audition to create mixable versions of Pop, Hip Hop and party tunes. I get my music videos from Promo only and rip them into DIVX with IMToo DVD Ripper for playimg out with Virtual DJ. Just wondering what would be the best software to use in order to make say an extended video version of 50 Cent - Hate it or love using the funkymix as the sound and using the video from my Promo only DVD.

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Tony

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 5:06 pm
Tony
I also am new to virtual dj and I do use funkymix and ultimix and xmix as well. For remixes in video that are similiar to these you can try getting the VJ tools from VMS Media chich is now I believe video exchange. VMSMEDIA.com
Dj Angel S

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 5:13 pm
Thanks for the info Angel.

I had a look at that site which looks quite useful. Still wondering what is the best way of making my own videos though. Does anyone use Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas?

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 5:30 pm
Alot of people like sony vegas for re-editing videos i think :)

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 5:38 pm
If I used Vegas, how would I go about editing in it? Do I convert the music video to AVI or MPEG2 to edit with. Can I drag and drag files around like in Adobe Audition?

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 5:43 pm
I use Vegas and love it. Layout wise its very similar to Adobe Audition. If Vegas is too much try its little brother:

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/products/product.asp?PID=408

This program will do all you mention as well. I would be carefull with other video editing pprograms because they're very pc intensive. Where Vegas is not. It will run smoothly even on slow machines (aka my home computer p4; 1.8; 1500 reg ram)

For converting vids it depends on what your converting from. I like to keep the fullest quality, its not worth it for me to save 30mb on a video if its going to take away from my quality. aka divx/xvid etc. When I rip lets say a Promo Only video, I use Smart Ripper rip the chapters I want, then rename the .vob files to a .mpg files. It rougly averages 70-120 mb per video. If editing from an avi, throw it in Vegas do your editing then render to a mpeg2. Theres a dvd/ntsc template which works just fine. If you want to edit an exsisting mpeg file, your going to have to deal with the quality loss. But I would keep this to a minimum, as in don't render the same mpeg vid more than once becasue you will see the quality loss.

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 6:48 pm
I use Vegas here too. Great quality program. I've been using it since version 1.0. :-)

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 2:31 am
I use ImToo DVD Ripper Platinum to rip my DVD's, but I rip them to 720x480 avi directly. It is technically illegal to make your own edits/remixes and save them; however, "If I were to teach someone how to do it" I would tell them to edit the video in sony vegas and the audio in adobe audition (you can select adobe as your audio editor in vegas and then use it right out of vegas and bring your music edited version right back in to vegas to complete the video edits).

Eventually when you were happy with a good setting for DIVX you could compress the videos that you have already edited so you would not have to convert them back to avi to edit them and there would be no apparent loss in quality with the right settings.

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 3:58 am
I just want to thank you guys for all your advice.

I have successfully managed to create an extended video mix of Mason - Exceeder using all the techniques mentioned using IMToo DVD Ripper, Vegas and some serious patience in getting the right edit points!

Ripping to VOB file and rendering as an MPEG2 seems to be the best option.

Now all I need is a free week or two to get through all my tracks.....

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 4:13 pm
The use of Sony Vegas for Video Edition....... is highly recommended

I have had the pleasure of editing thousands of Music Videos so far....
Every video i play has been edited whether for sound quality for for the removal of pesky skits or the removal of logos....... they have been edited.. .sometimes it is to reduce the file size.

The use of Sony Vegas is a snap and its quick play back is great........ of course you have to know how to time strectch

Users of Acid should consider it a breeze,, syncing videos with acapellasa are great too
I have stored hundreds of Video acapellas... just waiting on the proper beats to lay them to

Vegas is the way to go........ and it is simple to use

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 4:33 pm
AVI - considerably too big a file size (quality is great)
MPEG2 - is a recommnended output to save your files as (quality is great)

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 4:41 pm
Tony Rome

Editing with Vegas is a breeze

There are some things that you should know

Make sure that you properly register your plug ins (these include your mpeg plugs and your mp3 plug ins)

otherwise you will only be able to use avis and wavs.... if you can drag an mpeg and mp3 file into Vegas then you can ignore the above statement.

Vegas can be used to quickly obtain sync with audio and video (acapellas, instrumentals, whatever you want) - the key here is time-stretch
if you want you can link me up to learn more

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 4:47 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)