快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: ANy PCI Express Sound Cards

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Anybody know of a PCI Express sound card that will work with Virtual DJ 4.2

发表时间 Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 2:05 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Any 4.1 soundcard or above should work fine with VDJ. If you are using TCV/TCCD or XP10 or anything though, you'll probably want to go for an external usb card. Maya 44usb used to be the recommended card for this, but I'm not too sure what it is nowadays.

Think the Gigaport AG is quite widely used amongst the tcv users here i think. It's really a question of what you use and what you want to be able to do in the future...i.e. will you be potentially doing alot of scractching, etc? If so, then maybe an external soundcard like the gigaport ag is something you should invest in now to save later. Your call.

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

发表时间 Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 2:19 pm
I am setting up a new 2u system and all the risers I have seen are for pci express only or pci only. I need to go pci express fot the video so that means I need to go pci express on the sound card also.......unless someone knows of a pci express and pci combo riser card

发表时间 Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 5:18 pm
There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum that ranks video cards. Choose one of those.

发表时间 Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 6:10 pm
Problem solved (I hope) found a half height video card (Radeon x1600 pro hd) anybody using it? I saw it in the mid range category of video card list. I also found a good board that had pci Express and regular plain old pci slots. I guess the sales guy tried to fast talk me, as it turns out most boards still have pci slots (just not the ones he had).

I'll let you know how it works, putting it together tuesday, testing all day wednesday and have a show to do in Santa Barbara on Thursday I plan to use it at if the testing goes well wednesday.....if not my trusty backup will do it's duty

发表时间 Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 8:26 am
dj-e-lectric wrote :
Problem solved (I hope) found a half height video card (Radeon x1600 pro hd) anybody using it? I saw it in the mid range category of video card list. I also found a good board that had pci Express and regular plain old pci slots. I guess the sales guy tried to fast talk me, as it turns out most boards still have pci slots (just not the ones he had).

I'll let you know how it works, putting it together tuesday, testing all day wednesday and have a show to do in Santa Barbara on Thursday I plan to use it at if the testing goes well wednesday.....if not my trusty backup will do it's duty

Standard PCI data transfer rates will be borderline. You really need pci express. It's sometimes hard for people to grasp just how powerful your entire datapath needs to be for video to work correctly and optimally.

发表时间 Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 8:39 am
Don't I know it, video is pci express, but the Radeon did not work well, ended up with a 3d Fusiion GeForce 7300gs with 256 meg rddr2 ram and it also steals 256 from your motherboard ram so it totals 512mg.....In testing tonight it ROCKS......dropped my video load time (and computer monitor freezing time) down to less than 3 seconds. I have a main system that used a 7600GT with 512meg on board and it still takes about 7-8 seconds to load the videos, go figure............anybody wanting to use a 2u case without a riser this card is half height (it comes with a full height bracket that you can chop down or order a half height bracket from them).

发表时间 Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 4:17 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)