快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Saving Cue Points

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

My first post!
Just got to say this software is great, one quick question regarding the cue markers, are they saved in the mp3 file or within the software. I want to fix all the intros/outros ect at home and load the mp3 files on the club computer ready to go or must they be done one by one on that p.c.
Thanks in advance,
Keith.

发表时间 Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 12:20 pm
First make sure your mp3 files are in sync then after your are done with the cue marking on your home computer, copy the VirtualDJ Database.xml file into the VDJ installation folder on the club computer.

发表时间 Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 1:12 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
True, but you have to put your mp3s to the same place (map/directory) as you have them analized & cue marked on your computer!! For example: C:\My Music. If you have subdirectiories, you can keep them, just the path must be the same, unless the database won't recognise them.

发表时间 Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 3:37 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
mmh, are you sure about that? I think same filename and size are now enough for vdj to uniquely identify the track. it doesn't even store the path in the XML database.

I'll test it when I get home...

Nicolas

ps: oh ,and don't forget to backup the club's VDJ database before replacing it with yours :)

发表时间 Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 3:45 pm
Thanks for the quick responses!
I get the picture now, i will probably mirror my folders and sub-folders the same on both computers anyway this keeps it nice and tidy at both ends. My time at the club is at a premium so i want to fix all the songs at home first. So it's on with the long work ahead. Thanks again.
Keith.

发表时间 Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 3:55 pm
Indeed, all you need is the same name and filesize. This is why is you have the exact same file at two different locations on your harddrive, there will be only one entry in the database.

The files' paths are stored in the "mp3database.txt" file, but this file doesn't have any other information other than each file's path and filesize, so you don't need to have all files at the exact same location on both computers :)

Hope this helps, macourteau

发表时间 Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 4:48 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The "mp3database.txt" file cand be deleted withour any problem. If you delete it you just need to scan again your HD to reabilite your database.

Don't forget to make a bakcup of your "virtuajdj_database.xml" file in case of ... the program crashes.

Clax

发表时间 Fri 13 Aug 04 @ 1:23 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
hm.. didn't realise that yet :) will test it. thanks for correction ;)

发表时间 Fri 13 Aug 04 @ 9:29 am
Would an external harddrive with all your mp3 songs make it easier? That way you only have to copy the database file from your computer to the club's computer, right?

Is it even possible to install vdj on an external hardrive and use it anywhere on any computer?

发表时间 Fri 13 Aug 04 @ 10:52 am
Yes you could install it on an external harddrive, but you have to run the setup program on each PC you want to use it. All you have to do is enter the right path for the installation.

Ideally, that external harddrive would have the same drive letter on all PC's. If you could do that, you would not need to re-scan your harddrive each time :)

macourteau

发表时间 Fri 13 Aug 04 @ 11:33 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)