快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: What is the normal temperature of an AMD Athlon XP 2800? - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

发表时间 Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 8:46 pm
Pionara, thank you so much for posting those pics up. With what tools did you cut the mesh through? I have not really much experience with that but I will look into some of your ideas and post back if I change anything. Also, I think I will need to open a bit in the front like you did. Do you know how you can determine what power PSU you need?

发表时间 Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 11:42 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ Joachim_Joe

Hey, no problem at all...:o)

I'm too embarassed to tell you what I used to cut the mesh (a pair of WIRE CUTTERS!!!) because they are a long way off what you should be using. What one should actually use to mod a case properly is something like this. It's just a rotary tool, but you can add extensions on it that will cut through the thin stuff on the back of the case without a hassle. I didn't just cut mine off, i RIPPED it off...lol.

All i did at the front was take the floppy disk drive bay cover off. If you have covers on your case, you can pop them out from behind. They are just 'clip ins' and should come away quite easily. You can see underneath my cd roms that I have two covers still in place. I'll remove these if I need to, but, for now, they're fine. Besides...I'm a bit cautious in case I'm out and about one night and something big and nasty flies into my case! You know what those damn pigeons are like! (",)

To determine what psu you 'should' be using, check out this website. In all honesty though, depending on what you're running, 350w will do the basics. More is always better of course, but I've been running my setup using a 350 supply for...well, as long as i can remember, and it's been fine. I just thought a 450w would be better...and besides, it was only £25 from Maplins, so i figured 'what the hell'. I was gonna go for the 500 model, but I knew that that was too much. 450 has been just fine.

Anyway, on that website, you just have to enter what's in your pc, all your electrical components and stuff and press 'calculate'. It'll give you a rough idea. Although, like i say, if you're just running basics, it'll not be too much anyway.

If you need any help with anything, just let us know.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

发表时间 Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 12:41 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if you have had the PC for a while the best quick fix is to clean the heatsink, shoving the hover on it with the fan off is often good enough,

also sometimes the heatsink can become unsettled from the CPU die and loose a good contact (essential for good cooling)

random holes here and there are not good for PC ventilation. the idea is to have one input point and one exit point to focus the cooling as acurately as possible and to ensure that no pockets of hot air build up.

if having as many holes as possible in your case was the best way of cooling it then IBM would have their drills out turning all their server cases to swiss cheese

my athlons (both AMD XP 2600s) run at about 60 under full load,

发表时间 Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 2:23 am
Ok, that's pretty close to what I have.

My results so far: I've cleaned everything and remove the PC further away from the wall, I think this was causing a problem because the heat was trapped and now with a little more room, the air can escape around the sides. I have removed all the dust and hovered the PC, I guess you should do this every now and then. I checked the heatsink, seems tight. Also, I removed my speaker controller away, because it releases heat and it was next to the PC. This all helps. Now my result is about 50-54C, like it was before. I am going to try running some games later and see how high it gets.

I am still planning on implementing some of the ideas put forward here because I think a cooler system will run better. Want to keep it a bit cooler but good to know DJ Xeo, that yours and mine are pretty much the same.

发表时间 Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 8:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
as i said earlier it is within aceptable limits :)

good to hear its lower

let us know how it goes

发表时间 Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 8:22 pm
I had a acquaintance come over and he just discovered one of my fans were the wrong way around!!! Now that probably is not so good. hehe. He told me it was not necessary to add any more fans but I should replace them with better ones, because mine were noisy and regarding the heat, I should I add one more. Let's see how it works now.

发表时间 Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 8:25 pm
I installed two new case fans, which feature some new noise reduction technology and not only is my computer much cooler but also quieter. When CPU is kept high temperature is around 43-47 and otherwise 41-42 Celcius. I guess that's pretty good! :-)

发表时间 Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 11:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thats good indeed :)

发表时间 Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 11:47 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nice one. Nice and cool...(",)

P

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 1:46 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)