快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: How Did VDJ Work For My First Time??? (set enclosed)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Yall!

**background**
>> CPU has not been cleaned yet (dell programs and other stuff removed but cpu has not been reformatted and a clean windows installed)
>> did not try anything fancy with it...just simple mixing and overlaying.
>> have not tried recording the set using VDJ just recorded things to my iriver.
>> used DAC-3 the entire time

Well yall are probably curious to hear what I thought of VDJ from using it for the first time.

Went to Guitar Center Friday to pick up my M Audio Fast Track Pro card (I will have questions about this later...right now it works but I think there's still something up) so I could give it a spin Friday night when things died down...for the 2 hours I did it was great.

Saturday night I used it for 4 hours at a club and only had to use the cd player 4 times (4 songs that weren't on the hd yet). No problem here..the set was great and I wish I would have recorded it.

Sunday night I used it for 5 hours and only used the cd player 5 times (tracks not on hd yet). I DID record this set and posted it on the demo section of my website http://www.djjayskee.com/demos.htm if you would like to download and listen. There is NO hip-hop in this set...all house, mainstream club, progressive tribal, etc.

The DAC-3 worked GREAT! No problems here. I do have a question on this and will ask it later...well now if someone wants to answer it...is there a way to view the playlist (songs I have picked out and just wanting to be loaded to play) from the DAC? I can get to the main folders and those files but is there a way to get the playlist to view without having to use the mouse?

One problem I did have with VDJ but I dont call it a problem....I could not use in full screen. The DAC-3 would send the command and I could see the play button being pressed but nothing would play. I haven't yet tinkered with the resolution yet so maybe that had something to do with it. With my desktop I could use the dac-3 and VDJ in full screen but not the laptop...something to test out later.

My main problem with the M Audio Fast Track Pro is I can't seem to get enough gain out. I like to have headroom on my mixer and with the mixers I used I couldn't seem to get enough gain out of the M Audio. Perhaps something wasn't installed and this is causing this issue. I did follow the directions but windows box with the audio "install drivers from cd?" never appeared but in the bottom right the "found new hardware" "your hardware is ready to be used" appeared. I kept finding myself have to turn the gain up a little in VDJ for the decks and that got to be a lil frustrating. Isn't there something I can do that will give me more volume? I like to have the OL (Overload) lights on the rane light up just a bit and then turn it back, but I do not want want the distortion from the M Audio Fast Track Pro.

Anyway that was just a first for the weekend....can't wait to use it some more. :)

发表时间 Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 1:57 am
JayMSY wrote :
The DAC-3 worked GREAT! No problems here. I do have a question on this and will ask it later...well now if someone wants to answer it...is there a way to view the playlist (songs I have picked out and just wanting to be loaded to play) from the DAC? I can get to the main folders and those files but is there a way to get the playlist to view without having to use the mouse?

The playlist cannot be browsed using the default built-in DAC-3 support in VDJ, but if you are using my custom DAC-3 mapper plugin (Download -> Plugins -> External Tools), you can switch to the playlist section by pressing the > > (Right) button to switch to the right-hand (Playlist) section. You can then use UP/DOWN or SHIFT+Jogwheel to browse the playlist. Use < < to switch back to the playlist or even to the folders section.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 4:24 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
thanks. I was wondering why the screen wasn't switching over to the playlist when I did that. I didn't realize I didn't have to hve the playlist showing up on the screen. I thought pushing the >> would do it but it doesn't...so smeting else I learned.

thanks again this works.

发表时间 Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 5:57 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)