快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: OT: Native German & English speakers please help ;-)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi, since it's general forum about VDJ or not about,
I am looking for someone that is able to translate/check the following letter that my friend needs for her disertation work for PhD. It is supposed to be an e-mail.

Any help is appreciated as I don't know any native speakers in real life and I hope here's plenty of them.

Please PM me ;-)

Additionally I can spend some time to make modifications to a skin in turn :-) rather make/modify a skin that making a bad translation.

==============
Original text (my english translation):

Dear Madam/Sir,

I am a graduant in the area of Management on the Faculty of Management at the University of Zilina, Slovakia. Within the research project on my thesis, I am making a questionaire survey.
It is focused on finding out the individual steps, that companies use in deciding about financial capital allocation under the condition of risk.

This way I want to ask you to fill in the electronical questionaire located at
http.... Please, fill it in until 31st of January 2007. If you take part of this survey, you will get
the opportunity to compare proceedures of Your company with others.

Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Best regards,

Paulina Marekova
====

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 2:00 pm
Quote :
Please, fill it in until 31st of January 2007.

This is the only line I would suggest editing... Try

Please complete this survey. Closing date is 31st January 2007.

DJ Mykel

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 7:16 pm
Dear Madam/Sir,

I am a graduant in the area of Management on the Faculty of Management at the University of Zilina, Slovakia. Within the research project on my thesis, I am making a questionaire survey.
It is focused on finding out the individual steps, that companies use in deciding about financial capital allocation under the condition of risk.

This way I want to ask you to fill in the electronical questionaire located at
http.... Please, fill it in until 31st of January 2007. If you take part of this survey, you will get
the opportunity to compare proceedures of Your company with others.

You have a lot of small errors there

Try this

Dear Sir/Madam

I am currently a Graduate Student in the Faculty of Managment at the University of Zilina, Slovakia. To research my thesis; I have prepared a questionaire - type survey. It is focused on finding out the individual steps, that companies use in deciding about financial capital allocation under the condition of risk.

I would ask you to please fill out the electronic questionaire located on the World Wide Web at Http....... The closeing date for the survey is 31 Jan 2007. The advantage of this survey is a comparison of your companys' procedures with others

See how that translates.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 7:39 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just a couple of small edits to DJ Marcel's thoughts and I think you have a good solid letter.

"I would ask you to please fill out the electronic questionaire located on the World Wide Web at Http....... The closeing date for the survey is 31 Jan 2007. The advantage of this survey is a comparison of your companys' procedures with others"

questionaire = questionnaire
closeing = closing
The purpose of this survey is to compare the procedures of your company with others.

It's also a good idea to offer to provide the individual the results of your research so they may be more inclined to the complete the survey. I know I receive many different inquiries in my position and rarely complete them. The ones I do, are ones on topics I am personally interested in. Just a thought. Good luck.

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 8:30 pm
okay, I see my inglish hes improoft :-)

thank you guys,
any german speakers there ? ;-)

@all I owe you one dudes ... thanks a lot.

@djej: Your "position" experience advice is very helpful too. I told her to keep questions simple and rather provide a b c d choices than filling in a text (this just optionally).

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 8:50 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)