快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: encryption?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am in a situation where I may need to have several computers share identical libraries of music and videos. There will be one workstation computer that has the master library but the other computers will have syncronized libraries via "File Synchronizer" software (awesome software.. highly recommended). The problem is this. There may be other people that have access to the DJ computers and have access to these exclusive music and video tracks. Is there a way to protect the files against theft if they happened to copy the files via external USB drive or whatever? Could I encrypt the files so they can only be played within the select computers in my DJ operation? If they have copies will they be encrypted and rendered useless to the theif?
Anyone else have to deal with such a situation and have it solved?

any input is welcome...

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 2:39 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Unfortunately there is nothing that I have found that does what you are asking. I have been asked the same and these are the precautions that I took.

1. Use long USB cables for any devices -- USB devices only use the rear ports.
2. Do Not have any CD-R or DVD-R capabilities - only readers.
3. If you have front USB ports on the case - open the case and unplug them
4. Place the computer in a spot where it would be difficult for someone to get to the
rear ports to do what you are trying to stop.
5. I the DJ need music other than what you are providing then they need to show up
early enough so you can transfer the music for them and make it available.

Unfortunately these are the only precautions that seem to work and make sense for what I have researched.

cstoll

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 9:19 am
Very good points and thanks for responding on this topic.

Too bad there isn't a built in feature with VDJ that would help with this exact problem. Like scanning the files and making them only used by that specific licensed version of VDJ by writing some encryption that can be reversed by the owner only. That would be great if that was possible.

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 11:33 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you can use software to add a drm licence

so it only plays on computers you own il try and dig up a copy

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 12:08 pm
wow that would be awsome!!
How exactly does that work?

Do you just have it scan all your video (MPG) and audio (MP3) files and install a license to them?
Do you have a log in or code they need to play the files or is it unique per computer used to play them?

That would be the ultimate solution!!

Please respond as quick as you can... sorry just excited about the possibilities with this.

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 12:55 pm
low-fat-al wrote :
wow that would be awsome!!
How exactly does that work?

Do you just have it scan all your video (MPG) and audio (MP3) files and install a license to them?
Do you have a log in or code they need to play the files or is it unique per computer used to play them?

That would be the ultimate solution!!

Please respond as quick as you can... sorry just excited about the possibilities with this.

try this one

http://www.zappersoftware.com/mp3guard.html

i am aslo looking for a program iv used before called media vault which locks files unless you have a pin number which you put in on boot up

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 2:13 pm
Try 1 track in VDJ before you go hog crazy on you whole library.

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 4:47 pm
skyfxl wrote :
i am aslo looking for a program iv used before called media vault which locks files unless you have a pin number which you put in on boot up

That's just it - that one is no good because one the pin goes in the files are released and then can be copied onto other media. It has to be a DRM type solution you offered first.

However - low-fat-AL - my concern about the DRM is that VDJ may not like it and plus you are synchronizing the other machines with one master file store, coorect? So, my concern is that if the DRM is for the master file store then you won't be able to play those tracks on the satellite machines being sync'd . Just keep those thoughts in mind.

Again, if you use a DRM solution - try it with 1 track and see what happens.

cstoll

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 4:53 pm
I didn't even think about the sync issue here....
If I added the DRM and I went to sync it up it would try to replace the master copies that aren't DRM-ed because they are newer and have been modified. hmmm...

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 7:21 pm
with a tool such as http://allwaysync.com/

automaticaly will choose the right version for you or you can instruct it what you think is the best

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 10:24 pm
low-fat-al wrote :
If I added the DRM and I went to sync it up it would try to replace the master copies that aren't DRM-ed because they are newer and have been modified. hmmm...

That wasn't my point, but still a good issue. My point was that if DRM works where you lock the file to the computer, then if you apply the DRM on Computer A -- then Computer B,C,D won't be able to use it after being sync'd.

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 10:59 pm
cstoll wrote :
low-fat-al wrote :

That wasn't my point, but still a good issue. My point was that if DRM works where you lock the file to the computer, then if you apply the DRM on Computer A -- then Computer B,C,D won't be able to use it after being sync'd.

the program lets you apply the key to any pcs you want to have it :)

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 11:03 pm
OK, so in one step I can apply the key for five machines OR do I need to apply the key at each machine? I will tend to bet it is the second not the first.

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 11:08 pm
you would need to apply the licence file to all the machines you use seprately

but with a usb stick not hard :)

or with the sync tool its self :)

发表时间 Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 11:11 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)