快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Real-Time Real Vinyl Mixing! - Bypass mode but better!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I’ve heard a lot about a “bypass” mode that must have been in earlier versions of VDJ because I can’t see it in ver 4.1. It’s a shame this was taken out as being able to mix real vinyl’s through VDJ, with some real-time analysis of the vinyl coming in (i.e BPM display, waveforms) and manipulation (looping, effect overlay, etc) would be the ultimate feature!

Obviously for the software to be able to do things like looping, effects and displaying of waveforms there would need to be some sort of capturing of the analogue input coming in, and a slight delay to allow enough data to be captured to be displayed on the waveform graph but it would be a great feature that (in my eyes at least) would make VDJ the complete mixing package.

Many DJ’s still want to be able to mix their existing vinyl collection, and many are also reluctant to move over to MP3s when vinyl’s are still the way to go for the latest releases and rare mixes (you’ll never convert the purest dj away from vinyl – or CD’s even), but if you could use VDJ to help mix vinyl in new and innovative ways like suggested above you could easily broaden the appeal of the software to a much greater audience……not only that I’m rubbish at mixing vinyl and trying to learn, having VDJ helping would be a great!

Anyone agree?.....or just me?

发表时间 Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 2:55 am
i do AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it better be in 4.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

发表时间 Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 3:05 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First off, bypass mode never functioned the way you described it.

What bypass mode still is - is just that a bypass where VDJ does not listen to the signal of the inputs of the sound card when you play a normal vinyl on the TT. If you don't BYPASS when playing a normal vinyl then VDJ could and will try to interpret the song's analog signal and possibly start going crazy.

Again, what you describe has never been a capability of VDJ or any other program that I know of.

cstoll

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 12:03 am
so, can u play a normal vinyl using the bypass mode in vdj 4.1r2?????

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 1:10 am
Yes, but the audio does not travel through VirtualDJ!!! It directs the signal straight to the outputs.

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:36 am
what i meant was bypass mode WITH (in addition to) real-time analysis of the incoming analogue signal as a propose new feature.

I never used bypass mode before so I couldn't comment on how it functioned previously (or currently if its in ver 4.1 but I can't see it to try).

Real vinyl mixing is really hard for newbs like myself, but i'm trying hard to learn, having VDJ showing the waveforms would be really really really helpufll.

...and being able to use certain effects over the top would also be good.

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 9:27 am
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Again I totally want bypass to be back in 4.2
It's one of the main reason why I'm still in 3.4 at the moment.
because I use Ableton Live on the bypassed deck of VDJ to "move" the sonique visuals.
It basically looks awful on 4.1 because the visuals are not listening in to the music except when I scratch videos (which I can't do all the time during the set).

Please bring it back, I don't want to stay on 3.4 all my life.

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 2:03 pm
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
@Cstoll,

I am confused about something- maybe you can help.

It is regarding bypass.

I have my CD players (using TCCD) going into my Presonus Firebox and my firebox to lines 1 & 2 on the mixer.

If something happens in VDJ (4.1) and it locks up causing me to restart my system for some reason, I can't (i believe) just stick an audio CD in my pioneer cd players and get music through my mixer. I would believe this because the cd players are going to the firebox external soundcard which then goes to my computer whihch is then being shut down.

Other than doing splitting of wires, am I correct that the only alternative would be a backup cd player in case of emergency?

Thanks,

B

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 5:48 pm
First to PottyMonster and Kaymyst --- as for the misunderstanding of 'in addition to' got it - sorry about my misunderstanding and yes that would be a nice feature. And as for the bypass not in 4.1 - I hadn't noticed and because I haven't used it since 3.4, I didn't notice it missing. But why are you running another program to feed the visuals? Did you start a thread about this somewhere? I don't want to try and have 2 different conversations in one thread.

Hoffman --
In your described setup - yes that would be a problem unless the sound card allows for a pass-thru while the device is not interacting with a pc. And it is exactly the situation why you need Y-cable or dedicated CD player for those unfortunate occurrences.

cstoll

发表时间 Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 5:54 am
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Because my live set is like I described (Live Ableton + video scratching + sonique visuals).
I saw lots of threads from people missing the Bypass mode.
It's also useful for people who use it conventionally (with real vinyl). Because at the moment your visuals are not going to move if you're using splitter for playing real vinyl.
Any ideas if this option could be revived?

发表时间 Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 12:07 pm
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Cstoll,

I have the Presonus Firebox and I will have to research and find out if this will work. I do know that in its own mixer setting there is a "bypass" button, but I am not sure this serves the same purpose.

thanks!- this would be amazing.

发表时间 Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 12:49 pm
OMG everyones hijacking MY tread!,lol

....i think my parts done now anyway, fingers crossed that bypass mode + extras can show up some time soon.

Ps. Cstoll, I should have made myself clearer in the first place.

发表时间 Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 1:38 pm
Kaymyst - got it! Understand!
PottyMonster - hijacked! but on schedule.
Hoffman - I will respond in the thread you created.

As to when -- I don't know why it was removed to begin with. I will go back and look through our beta notes and see if it was ever brought up.

cstoll

发表时间 Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 2:29 pm
Just a thought but is there any other software out there that can do this already?.... analyse bmp, sync …..etc of 2 analogue inputs? …. Like a software version of a Behringer BEAT800? (but better) untill this feature gets implemented?

发表时间 Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 10:40 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Y cables helps a lot. u have only to choose Line-in instead of Phono into ur mixer, put a real vinyl and u can bypass everything in a light solution.

发表时间 Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 8:03 am
yeah but thats not going to show any bmp or sync data in virtual dj to help mix vinyl is it.....which is what i'm getting at here.

From above:

------------------

...what i meant was bypass mode WITH (in addition to) real-time analysis of the incoming analogue signal as a propose new feature.

I never used bypass mode before so I couldn't comment on how it functioned previously (or currently if its in ver 4.1 but I can't see it to try).

Real vinyl mixing is really hard for newbs like myself, but i'm trying hard to learn, having VDJ showing the waveforms would be really really really helpufll.

...and being able to use certain effects over the top would also be good.

--------------

发表时间 Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 8:25 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)