快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: ICDX with Virtual DJ review (1st Opinion)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Recieved my ICDX's on Monday, and came home at like 11:30 Tuesday night and FORCED myself to stay up and try them for the first time. Here are my impressions...

Numark has REALLY outdone themselves with these decks. Besides the more the easy connectivity...there is almost no need for a mapper with this since all the functions are basically directly accessible via the hardware. MY only complaint so far...and I might be nit picking, is with the platter. As a reggae DJ i tend to backspin alot, and I find the platter to be a little rigid and not as "fluid" as I would like it to be. But other than that, I must say...this WILL be the new premium controller for VDJ. For anyone who is thinking about getting a set....my first impressions would definately lead me to believe that this is a solid investment. Ill try to give a more through review when I have more time tonite to test them out

发表时间 Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 5:41 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Hey Focus, nice to read your review of the new iCDX!
Look forward to see more from you, and if you can, post here some pictures of it in the action!
As I said few days ago, NUMARK all the way :))

发表时间 Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 5:45 pm
DJFocus

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of buying but will wait until I hear more.

Look forward to your other impressions.

A

发表时间 Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 7:04 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I tested them out on the weekend but unfortunately didnt get to use it in conjunction with vdj.

My first impression when I saw them is that they look small but definitely look good... that is in comparison to the pioneer cdj-800 or 1000 series.

The static platter I must agree is slightly rigid in comparison to the pioneer decks and the lil xp10's. I'm not sure how many people will react to the pressure pad on the platter either, I got the feeling it was sort of too plasticky... but I guess thats a matter of taste.

I found the cue, pause & play buttons quite stiff also & smaller than I imagined. They are probably the same size as the buttons on the xp10's! They are also quite stiff and rigid to press.

There is also 2 buttons/dials on the controller which adjusts the brake time and (something else I can't remember) but they were recessed and were real small. I think they made it like this because they were under the impression that you wouldnt be adjusting the brake time much blah blah. You basically have to use your nail to twist it around.... or maybe I just have big hands, hmmm... (you know what they say about people who have big hands...;)

Anyways all comments aside, I still wanna buy them lol. Its pretty obvious its functionality with vdj makes it what it is.

Look forward to seeing future users with the product!

发表时间 Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 9:57 pm
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So do you recomend them over the Pioneer 800's and 1000's?

发表时间 Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 1:08 pm
That's a damn good question

发表时间 Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 1:24 pm
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi All,

I have 2 of them since the beginning of the week and testing them every night since I will use them tonight at a big gig. So far AWSOME!!!!.

I am also trying to put together a sudo manual (perhaps a video :) ), wait for it this Sunday.

I just want to point out something "I rids" wrote. Brake and start buttons are pressed, when depressed they pop out and become a dial that you can grab (much like Technics TT light button if you know what I mean)

Most of the buttons are (%99) are mapped to work with VDJ and I tell you, it is impressive. I already have 2 DAC2 and a DAC3, you soon find them on eBay, hehehe. That's how much I fall in love with the iCDXs.

I know this is kind of short info, but gotta go to the office. This weekend I will post an extensive review.

DJ Palamuth "Keep Music Alive"

发表时间 Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 1:30 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 4:21 pm
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You guys said the platter is a little rigid. Is it still good enough to scratch well?

And I was jus about to make a step to buy CDJ 800's.
Would you recomend the iCDX over them? or is Pioneers reputation still the way to go?

发表时间 Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 1:56 pm
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You are right alx2k. Those are the buttons. Noticed how one of them is raised the other one is pressed at 1:17. It is a push button.

Hmm, about the plate: I am not a scratch dj but I have to say it is a little rigit. But again, you have to feel for yourself. So I don't want to put a negative comment. I will be partial since I realy realy enjoy them.

I did a 7 hour long gig without a hickup last night. It was awsome. All the function buttons on it, makes it so much fun to play.

So find my DAC controllers on eBay for sure, hehehe.

发表时间 Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 1:39 am
Damn, I can't wait to get my hands on one of those! I have more than one reason for wanting one for my club gig. Our club owner is resting everything on the computer system I built for us to DJ on. If the system goes (which almost happend when our power supply took a crap, thank god for spares.) we are screwed. Just one iCDX would help save me from certain disaster. (As would just plug my external drive into it and keep going!)

发表时间 Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 2:36 am
I have a question...Im debating between CDJ800 mk2 or ICDX by numark. i have two questions.

If i use the CDJ800's i have to use tccd's but i LOVE the fact that they have a quick return cue function when you touch the platter which is awesome for scratching into a new song.

Can the numarks do the same thing when connected to vdj? are they just as sensitive with the touch platter and do they have the quick return cue function?

发表时间 Sun 12 Nov 06 @ 6:47 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)