快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: dac 3 mapper and 4.1 issues

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hey guys.... several times during the night, the sync button automatically highlights itself, and a regular mix goes all chipmunks on me because it tries to match it....

it happens when I have the jogwheels in scratch mode (shift + cp)

if I leave everything alone, then it's fine, but when I put the dac in scratch mode, the fun starts... the thing is, I can't even turn it off, or manually slide the pitch, it just snaps back... I have to ultimately shut down VDJ and restart it to reset the dac.... I'm not pushing any buttons, but things just start turning on lighting the display window on the dac up like a christmas tree...

with the old dac 3 mapper, scratch mode was fine....

now I get all sorts of stuff lit up on the screen... also, the fx buttons no longer work, as well as other things....

is this because the dac 3 mapper is not made for 4.1, or is this the new mapper?

I just want it to work like it did in 4.0

I reverted, and all was well, but I want the slideshow in 4.1

what to do, what to do?

any suggestions?

Thanks!

发表时间 Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 10:17 am
bump

发表时间 Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 7:03 pm
Do you see 809915 when starting VDJ? If not, the mapper is not installed correctly and/or is not being loaded. If this is the case, then you are using the built-in DAC-3 support in VDJ. None of the functions of my mapper will work with this.

Please see DAC3Mapper.txt for further details on how to install the correct mapper DLL (dac3.dll is required for VDJ 4.1)

Steve Lynch wrote :

Do you mean CP+MATCH to activate 'scratchlock' (So the jogwheel always scratches), or holding down CP and moving the jogwheel? I'm not currently aware of any problems with either of these.

>now I get all sorts of stuff lit up on the screen... also, the fx buttons no longer work, as well as other things....

If the FX buttons are not working, you are either using the built-in DAC-3 support in VDJ, or the mapper is picking up the wrong version of VDJ.

The mapper tries to determine which version of VDJ you are using at startup (3.2 - 4.1 are all supported providing the correct DLL is used), but if you have several versions installed (E.g: 3.4 and 4.1), it might be getting confused. You can force the correct version using user parameters:

• Press CP+SHIFT+MT to enter user parameter mode.
  • The large digits to the left of the display should read 00 to indicate parameter number 0, which is the VDJ version.
  • The small digits to the upper right of the display (Where BPM or pitch % is normally shown) will show the current setting. 0.0 will try to determine the VDJ version automatically. Press the UP arrow button to change this to the correct version of VDJ (E.g: 4.1 and then press SHIFT+FOLDER to save. You can increase by 1.0 by pressing SHIFT+UP.
  • Press CP+SHIFT+MT to exit user parameter mode.
  • Close VDJ and restart it.

Steve Lynch wrote :
is this because the dac 3 mapper is not made for 4.1, or is this the new mapper?

Mappers 1.3 and earlier will not work with VDJ 4.1 due to the new plugin interface.

The new 1.4 mapper has two DLL's - dac3.dll that's compatible with VDJ 4.1 only, and dac3mapper.dll that's compatible with VDJ 4.0 and VDJ 3.2 - 3.4

Steve Lynch wrote :
I reverted, and all was well, but I want the slideshow in 4.1

Are you using the new 4.1r2 update of VDJ? This is not required for the DAC-3 (Only fixes problems for DAC-2/DJ console/BCD2000.) Perhaps there is a problem with this - Try installing 4.1 only without the r2 update.

发表时间 Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 7:41 pm
thanks boggis... I appreciate it!

I know it used to say boggis when I started up, but truly haven't checked it since...

I'll play tonight to see what's up

发表时间 Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 12:00 am
I've tried the 1.4 mapper (dac3.dll) with VDJ 4.1r2 and it works just fine (It worked OK with the pre-release beta for VDJ 4.1r2 too.) CP+jogwheel works OK and CP+MATCH for scratchlock works OK too.

发表时间 Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 4:01 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006

发表时间 Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 10:15 am
boggis
I have installed 4.1r2 and am using 1.1[4] mapper
i see 80095 when it is starting and everything works well except for
the pitch sliders... sometimes you move it no response
also.. my MT buttons do not give the regular time stretch it should.. it cannot just turn it off and on...
I have windows XP... with service pack 2 installed
besides that everything is ok

And I really like the added mode funcitons

I have a gig tonight and really hope i can solve the problem before i hit the road

发表时间 Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 7:56 pm
Quote :
except for the pitch sliders... sometimes you move it no response

This might be the 'safe pitch' feature - This allows you to safely move the physical slider to the correct position without a sudden jump in pitch if it does not match the onscreen slider position in VDJ.

The slider positions may not match if you do any of the following:

• Move the onscreen pitch slider using the mouse/keyboard or another MIDI controller.
  • Use the auto BPM feature of VDJ (Matches BPM when a song is loaded.)
  • Use the MATCH button.
  • Use automixing features.
  • Use TCV/TCCD alongside the DAC-3 and adjust the pitch using these.

When the sliders do not match, the display of the DAC-3 will indicate this by flashing between BPM/pitch % and the adjustment needed to correctly match the two sliders.

You can optionally turn off safe pitch via user parameters (Number 53)

Quote :
My MT buttons do not give the regular time stretch it should.. it cannot just turn it off and on...

MT toggles keylock by default, and the DAC-3 will adjust the pitch appropriately (Again using the safe pitch feature) when activating/deactivating to prevent a sudden jump in pitch. Simply move the physical slider to the correct new position as indicated by the pitch warning in LCD display.

If you would prefer the master tempo instead, you can set thiis via user parameter 54.

发表时间 Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 8:10 pm
hey boggis

what is parameter 53 and 54?

发表时间 Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 7:20 pm
They are safe pitch (53) and keylock instead of master tempo (54)

See near the end of the DAC3Mapper file that comes with the mapper DLL and explains how to enter user parameter mode and change parameters. It also explains all the various parameters and what they do. An explaination of safe pitch can also be found near the beginning of the manual.

发表时间 Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 8:18 pm
i am reading the text file.. .that came with the mapper
and noticing how to change parameters

I think i turned i turned time stretch to default 0
and 53 to 0 also

hope i am getting this correct

发表时间 Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 8:31 pm
Another thing to check is that your pitch sliders read 0.0 when they are locked at the centre position (Some DAC-3's will read +/- 0.1 or even +/- 0.2 at this position.) Use the pitch calibrate parameter (26) to correct this so that it reads 0.0 (Do this on both sides of the DAC-3 separately.)

You may also want to change parameter 54 - If set to 0, the old-style master tempo will be used instead of VDJ 4's new keylock.

发表时间 Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 8:37 pm
jpboggis

Would i have to for each parameter set both sides differently for time stretch etc.

发表时间 Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 3:48 am
Most of the parameters are shared between both decks. Look out for the & symbol after the name of each parameter in the list - This means that it's shared between both decks.

A few of the parameters that are set independantly for each deck include: Pitch calibration, show BPM/Pitch % and show time remaining/elapsed

发表时间 Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 7:27 pm
the sync button automatically highlights itself, and a regular mix goes all chipmunks on me because it tries to match it....

The question is

how do i get the beatmatch of once the sync button is highligted

Any answers would be welcome

发表时间 Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 11:57 pm
hey jpboggis....
any ideas on how to turn off the beatlock once the sync is automatically highlighted
having problems.. with this

i have to start over vdj in order for it to come off

HELP.... anyone with the solution is welcome

发表时间 Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 2:33 pm
CP+SHIFT+MATCH toggles beatlock on/off for each deck (See Basic deck controls in the manual (DAC3Mapper.txt))

Beatlock/sync are not linked up to the jogwheels so should not trigger by themselves. Two possibilities:

The mapper is not picking up the version of VDJ correctly. This shouldn't be a problem in VDJ 4.x because the latest mapper (1.4) uses a built-in function to get the VDJ version. It might be a problem if more than one version of VDJ is installed and used (E.g: VDJ 3.4 and 4.1)

Try setting the version manually to the correct version using user parameters. Parameter 00 sets the version. If set to 0.0 the mapper will try to detect the correct version automatically. Set to the version of VDJ you are running (E.g: 4.1 and then save and then restart VDJ.

Another possibility is a faulty DAC-3 that's sending incorrect codes to VDJ (E.g: CP+jogwheel is also sending codes as though CP+SHIFT+MATCH was pressed.)

发表时间 Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 8:01 pm
thanks bro

played a gig last nite.. no problems so far

will check the gig machine to see if i can toggle beatlock

thanks mon.... your improvement on the dac3 mapper really allows the possiblity of some great mixes with instant effects, samples and video effects

thanks a million mon

发表时间 Sun 12 Nov 06 @ 1:56 am
djhaoziHome userMember since 2006
sorry! I am china boy , I lick DJ ,I lick this Com ,but I don't spiking English ,Are help me ?

发表时间 Sun 12 Nov 06 @ 12:26 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)