快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: CPU LOAD !

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi everyone !
I have just installed Virtual DJ on my laptop an a have i question
Is it normal that the CPU load from virtual dj is 85-95% on the computer when i start the application ?
//Patrik

发表时间 Fri 16 Jul 04 @ 8:02 pm
vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
While loading most applications on a windows based system the CPU usage will be high - it should not stay there after the application has finished loading.

发表时间 Fri 16 Jul 04 @ 9:03 pm
Yes it should be that way ....but it still using a lot of cpu
and if i try to use some effects it crash .

发表时间 Fri 16 Jul 04 @ 10:28 pm
What are your computer's specs?

发表时间 Fri 16 Jul 04 @ 11:40 pm
Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook S series(Centrino 1.6Ghz ,1024MB)
Still pending between 94-99 % cpu load

发表时间 Sat 17 Jul 04 @ 3:51 pm
does the cpu use stay that high? or just when you load the app?

if it stays, its very strange, cause u got a great pc ;)

发表时间 Sat 17 Jul 04 @ 5:52 pm
Yes the CPU usage stays high! Strange... and it should/would be something that the programmer of the (otherwise excellent) software should be interrested to dig in to! If they are serious.
It must be someone else that have experienced the same thing... I have installed the software on different computers with the same result!

CAN SOMEONE from the staff come up with an explanation please!

/ Putte
PS. The fan also spins like a hurricane! I did not know I had one before!

发表时间 Sat 17 Jul 04 @ 7:42 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I noticed my fan working alot with VDJ so I purchased a stick of 512 ddr ram for my laptop. I am now using 768 ddr ram and it runs smooth and alot cooler.

发表时间 Sat 17 Jul 04 @ 7:58 pm
OK, I got 1 Gig on my laptop!

I still think that it is something that the programmers would have to check. I will not use it proffessionally cause it is in fact not working properly. It sometimes also crashes... big time!

It is a shame cause it is a cool software... the day it works! (I really hate to say it but it's true.)

/ Putte
PS. Keep up the good work

发表时间 Sat 17 Jul 04 @ 8:14 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use it professionally many times each week. I think it is in fact working great.

发表时间 Sun 18 Jul 04 @ 2:03 pm
vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
another reason that your CPU load can be that high is.

Low hard drive space on the boot partition - Windows needs to have enough space to save a paging file while working. Windows XP usually sets this by default to around 500mb - you can change this in the system settings o 95 and up.

Also the paging file can be set very low - this would cause your system to do more work - hence high CPU load.

Also check out what other apps may be running in the background - the more applications running the less memory the system has to use.

Also - just a suggestion, check the drive for errors and also defragment often, ver often.

发表时间 Sun 18 Jul 04 @ 8:59 pm
ok i had the same problem and it turned out to be that the graphics setteings are set very high

and check the graphic setting for windows media player it had the same effect on my laptop

one more thing there is a great guide for making ur pc/laptop run smoother with vdj
use this
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=1180

if this still doesnt work for u that means that theres somthing really wrong with ur laptop coz i got much lower specs and it runs smoothly for me

dj smokey

发表时间 Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 8:18 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)