快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Hi All - Karaoke plugin Q+A's....First Post from New User!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all

Sorry about the 'double post' - I put this in the DJ Console section but feel it may be better in this forum instead....

I bought the DJ Console last week and I must say that it totally transforms virtual DJ into an excellent piece of software. The Virtual DJ was an excellent bit of DJ/Mixing software before but with the Console, it really transforms it into a bit of kit I am considering taking out with me - it really does compare in mixing abilities to my Numark CDN88.

I then noticed that Virtual DJ 2 has a Karaoke plugin and as I am both a DJ/KJ I thought wow, this thing host a full show for me!!

I bought VDJ2 and am largely pleased with it except for the following, hopefully somebody can sort it out for me....

It has crashed a few times when mixing MP3+G's - I feel that it is not stable enough to take out out yet as my shows have to be perfect

Secondly and this is quite important - here in the UK you cannot 'go live' with backup or MP3+G karaoke files - you have to use original CD+G disks and whilst my drive is CD+G compatible (I'll explain this in my help bit below), Virtual DJ does not seem to be playing the CD+G disks. It plays the music okay but does not pick up the lyrics from the disks. Is this a problem with my setup or does Virtual DJ not support these disks....it has to if the karaoke feature is to take off in the UK.

My last question is about the Console itself.....is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the Mic input so it's even louder? I use a Shure SM58 for vocals which is probably the best Mic on the market....the clarity is amazing and whilst the Mic is quite an expensive bit of kit (about the same as the DJ Console!), those who have bought it have not regretted it as the difference is well worth the money. However, the cable used is an XLR to 5.1/4 jack plug to fit into the console. I know this is not the best way to do it as the mic is a low impedance mic(hence XLR output from the mic) and thus a lot of the volume is lost when you put it through the 5 1/4 jack on the console so I want to compensate for this and wish to know if there is any way to 'up' the sensitivity of the mic on the console - and yes all setting are at max!
I can hear it okay but on Karaoke nights the voice really needs to stand out and the mic just ain't loud enough over the music when turned up!

I said I'll help people thinking about using VDJ 2 for a karaoke show:

First off....make sure that your cd/dvd drive is CD+G compatible. I'll bet my last dollar there will be complaints on this forum that the Karaoke plugin does not work because "VDJ 2 is not showing the lyrics!"

The graphics tracks on CD+G disks are stored on a seperate part of the disk and most CD/DVD drives cannot read these. For a list of drives that can and are compatible please go to:

http://www.tricerasoft.com/drivelist.html

(Hopefully I am allowed to post this - I'm only trying to help!)

Just to let you know my setup, I have a Toshiba P4 2.66 Laptop with 256mb RAM, Widescreen and running Win XP, A DJ Console, An external Plextor P708 DVD/RW (for playing CDG's) and Creative Gigaworks speakers (these really rock and are powerful enough to take out for small Pub type gigs - really!)

Ooh - just thought of a quick question.....is it possible to upmix through the soundcard so stereo sound comes out of all 5.1 channels.....I would love to know this as then I could use all mt speakers!

Anyway, Hi all and I'll let you know how I go with VDJ2 and I'll try to help out with answering questions, especially regarding Karaoke.....you ought to try it - it's a right laugh at home and the missus loves me for getting it!!!!

发表时间 Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 6:16 am
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sussed the 5.1 output now...in fact I have 7 speakers, headphones, and the sub all running together...nice!

发表时间 Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 9:22 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
thats fummy it hasnt crashed with mp3-g's for me and im trying them onmy test pc which is only 1ghz and 512mb
my dj/kj pc is amd 2400xp and i gig ram soi doubt there will be a problem on that one

发表时间 Fri 09 Jul 04 @ 8:13 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)