快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: cd turntables under $500?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'm running into a good chunk of extra money this coming month, so I'm thinking of getting a cd turntable either along with, or instead of a second vinyl tuntable. Does anybody make a good cd turntable with spinning platter for under $500? My main concern is scratching, so I'd like something with a little press & release action like you get on regular turntables;^]

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 3:42 am
DSILVRHome userMember since 2006
Mate if u want something good get CDJ 800 .. pioneer... but there about 800 each new.. could get cheaper if u look around for used umm another is the Axis 4 from numark i think not fully sure thats got vinyl mode so u can scratch.. etc

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 6:23 am
One word for ya.......EBAY! You can find some great deals there.

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 7:07 am
I was looking at the Denon DN-S3500, coiuld get one around $600 on ebay but I'd have to sacrifice my second regular turntable for it. Think it'd be worth it? I mean do the spinning platter models really spin, cue and scratch like real vinyl?

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 7:36 am
I would say if you can find them at a music store near you, try them out first. I'm partial to Numark's TTX CD decks. (Check them out on Numark's web site)

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 7:39 am
You can kill two birds with one stone with this!

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 7:54 am
Wow, that gemini looks promising, and it's only about $650 on ebay. Unfortunatly now I realise I'm gonna have to buy a better asio soundcard for my tcv too, but if I can squeeze it in I think I'll either go for the denon or the gemini, I like that the denon has 45 speed and 45 size platter;^]

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 6:41 pm
I heard the Denon S3500 has had "cueing issues" -- like, cue points lose their place gradually, and end up shifted away from where they are supposed to be... This problem was supposed to be resolved by a firmware upgrade, but as far as I know this hasn't been released yet... Anyone know if it has?

I was thinking about going for the 3500 until I heard about this, now I'm thinking about the Pioneer CDJ-800 -- not as many features, but rock-solid reliability is what I hear... And only $619 on DJDeals.com! But it does not have a spinning platter... I think in general people seem to like spinning platters only if they are TT size, like the Numark CDX, or Gemini hybrid... With smaller jog wheels I think the general preference is to use a non-spinning platter -- anyone disagree?

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 8:13 pm
Poloralphloren,
you're right, there is a cue slippage problem, where the points moves forwards or backwards (don't know exactly) when you scratch at the start of the song. A firmware upgrade will be made freely available, but it is not released yet. A demo video of the unit with the firmware upgrade (beta version) could be viewed on the Denondjforums website. In this video there is no slippage noticable.
The 3500 is still a wonderful cd player and will only be better with the firmware upgrade.
Ewout

发表时间 Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 8:58 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)