快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Spontaneous reboots. - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

You're good. Don't worry. If you start to have problems however, then I would suggest the above course of action. If possible, I would see if your employer will purchase a copy of Windows in addition to the copy installed with the PC, just in case you need to re-install.

发表时间 Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 12:47 am
Good idea, thanks for the info, I guess I will go with the 512. Thanks

发表时间 Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 1:37 am
Wow. Not only is your reboot problem the same as mine but we have very similar setups. Most notably, the Biostar mainboard.
My reboots happen mostly (but are not limited to) playing games. And even with the "Automatically Restart" setting disabled in system prefs.
It's been suggested that it was a virus or that it is my PSU and Im really beginning to think that its the later because I've allready performed multiple Clean Installs of XP and the problem still occured.
A wierd thing though is that I was unable to perform a full system Virus scan in SafeMode without getting the BlueScreen of death. Tried both Kaspersky and Avast free.
I have two internal hard drives and if I unplugge the 2nd one then the scan would complete. Strange.

I have recently reformatted again and have only installed the very bare minimum of updated drivers and have not plugged any external soundcard (m-audioQuattro) or Ext. Hard drives in and at least now Im able to complete Virus scans in safe mode.
However, I checked in my Event viewer and am still getting all of the same error codes as I was before the OS install.
Dcom errors and
Service Control Manager errors.

Havn't had a chance to put my system to a stress test with HL2 since my last OS install but I have a gut feeling that I'm going to experience another random reboot at some point after I DO.

Ps. Another thing about the reboots while playing games.
It's not always frequent.

When it happens, it's always a Freeze Up (for about 2 seconds) and then an automatic reboot.

I've never had it happen when there's alot of action on the screen. It's always at a random quiet moment. And WIth every game I've tested.

发表时间 Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 2:04 am
Whoa. I forgot I even wrote this thread. I actually have an update about that problem. Found out it was actually a bad motherboard. Stay away from BIOStar boards.

发表时间 Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 4:09 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I would suggest you that try to replace motherboard or ram memory.
Motherboards to get:
Foxconn (this manufacturer is selling on board parts to other company's and it is bigger than ASUS and MSI together, also the owner of Winfast and Leadtek) Note: try to find some old PC from early 90's and see Foxconn labels all over the parts on board ;)
MSI
Gigabyte
Most dead motheboards in my service are ASUS :(

发表时间 Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 10:43 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)