快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: pan & mono in vdj

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi there
I was just wondering it would be useful before you release 4.0 to integrate 2 more functions :)

First: PAN
every better mixer have PAN (balance left/right), why virtual dj don't? most of DJ programs have PAN, VDJ don't :( In some cases it is very useful :)

Second: MONO/STEREO
well some of you may agree, some of you may disagree, but from my point of view for parties it is better MONO, because there are some songs with some instruments where you can hear some instruments on left speaker and some instruments on right speaker (Black Sabbath - Iron Man) for example. Well, when I have big dance floor, i like to hear everything on left and everything on right speaker :) but VDJ don't have that option :(
here is another example why whould anybody need it. If you have setup like this: mixer, active crossover, one stereo amplifier and 2 speakers. one speaker is a subwoofer, and another is full range satelite. you have 2 channels, first channel is going to subwoofer and second channel is going to satelite. And what if you have song which was recorded next way: guitars on left speaker, drums on right speaker, and your left speaker is subwoofer, and right is drums :) i know the sollution is take 2 amps, but wouldn't be easier just to click one button in VDJ and resolve the problem :) think about it :) it's very rare cases, but they exist :)

Virtual DJ is best DJ software in the world, one of the reasons is because the dev team reading other people ideas and implement them in new versions. Well, I just hope someone will agree with my ideas, and i hope dev team will continue to work and upgrade this great program!

:)

发表时间 Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 3:42 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
that pan idea sounds nice. each deck panned. the mixer needs some more features this one included. i requested mic eqs.

some crazy ish can be done with the pan (and stereo). for the people that do big gigs the mono would come in handy.

发表时间 Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 5:12 pm

发表时间 Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 5:18 pm
well...
i wanna say something but i wont.

发表时间 Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 5:45 pm
yeah.... u need a license yes;)

发表时间 Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 5:47 pm
norway has ur mom or girl ever made u a nice meal but u couldnt have seconds or the nice meal just wasnt enough?
i bet thats what the 3 slot plug-ins feels like to many users.

发表时间 Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 6:06 pm
I know there is a plug-in but i think it is much easier and efficient to have pan like default control, and mono in sound options (advanced config). Effect fields are more for flangers, echos and real effects, but for mono and pan... hm... i mean, take a look some pro mixer, do you have pan control in effects or above the eq's and gain :)

发表时间 Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 7:38 pm
I just downloaded and tested "Special Balance" plug-in (on page 2).
well, he convert stereo signal to mono, but do something with the mono sound, so the mono don't sound that good like when I take the cable and rewire it to mono :( hard to explain, but somehow sound is wider, and have more highs, and clearer and better without that plug-in.

i don't like plug-ins :((((((

发表时间 Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 8:56 pm
How you downloaded plugin when you don't own a license?? Do you own VDJ or what?

发表时间 Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 6:32 am
vpcdj,
you said: for the ones doing big gigs, this is usefull. Not in my case and I think also not for most of the pro users, while they use (professional) external mixers. Those mixers already have pan option and in most cases also a stereo/mono switch.

I also use a professional speaker management system, in which you could also set input signals (mono / stereo) and route it to several amplifier / speaker configurations. More info here: http://www.ashly.com/product/d_crossover.htm
Ewout

发表时间 Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 1:18 pm
well, maybe you have fancy ashly digital crossover, but what with people which don't have it :) i mean, most of people are using kill switches and eq-s on mixers, and here they are in VDJ just in case someone DON't have mixer :) if you use that on your hardware toys, then it is 100% chance that someone don't have fancy speaker management system, and he need pan and mono :)

well at least other pro DJ softwares have it :)

发表时间 Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 1:39 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have to say I agree 100% with Pijani Srbin, these basic Audio functions should be fully integrated into the Software.

For example, I have quite an expensive Vestax mixer and there is no option for mono output. Pan, well this could be useful for some.

发表时间 Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 4:28 pm
@Bagpuss and Pijani Srbin
I wasn't saying that it shouldn't be implemented, instead I think it would be usefull for a lot VDJ users, but the argument, that it would be especially needed for pro dj's was not correct in my opinion.
Ewout

发表时间 Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 10:17 pm
Agree, not needed as a "pro dj feature". And its covered by plugins.

@vpcdj
Sorry that demo and "demo" users cant download all extentions of plugins, but not everything in the world is free .. :) All licenced users can download any plugin they want, and as stated now, also get the new upcomming version 4.0 of VDJ for free. A licence gives great benefits..

Its not like you are offered a bit of a meal, and cant have more. Its more like you can have a free taste, to see if you like it. But if you want the full buffet, you need to pay the cover price. Thats all :)

By the way, my mom was nice and gave me all the food I needed, but in my adult life, I pay for my own food..:)

发表时间 Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 11:37 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)