快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: TCV Pitch Offset? - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

发表时间 Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 12:12 am
Yeah I posted in there but I was a month late as my HDJC2 was still being serviced at the time that thread was popular! I'll pay a visit to the new features forum thanks for the suggestion.

发表时间 Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 12:20 am
I think I may have narrowed down the problem a little bit. This first one is a guess, that would be to do with the power, however the second one I've tested a lot now and am sure it's a big factor. Warped vinyl x 2.

On both vinyl the pitch holds much better on both decks on one side and fluctuates a lot on the other side. On the good side both decks don't go past +-0.1%. Also different parts of each side seem to play better than other parts. I still think the left is a little tighter than the right, but after all I've posted my view may be slightly skewed. I did actually try the s-shaped tonearm and thought I had better results, but I think I may have imagined that.

I've been reading about a lot on SSL and FS boards via google searches and most fluctuations have been a result of badly pressed vinyls.

There are no noticable signs of damage to the vinyl so I'm not sure I can be 100% certain on this, or is one side 33rpm and the other 45rpm? Here are the pictures of the centers of both vinyl, at least I know now which sides to use:

http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leftdeck1cr.jpg
http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rightdeck3qh.jpg

Anyway, using both good sides, it's possible to hold down a decent mix without too much fuss, no need to replace them just yet.

发表时间 Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 4:17 am
I have heard that Atomix has changed pressings company and I have also noticed that one side of the TCV holds a better pitch as you have notted. Both sides are just a TCV signal. you can chose your speed in the VDJ setting so if you prefer to use a 45 speed instead of 33 you can simply go to 45 on the TT and in the VDJ settings chose 45 instead of 33 in the TCV options.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 1:30 pm
unfortunately some seem to have issues with 1st generation of vinyls, and offsets.

The 2nd generation of vinyls have far better pressing, and more robust and thick vinyl

Hopefully that will be better...

发表时间 Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 1:35 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
What would be nice is a pitchlock of some type that would compensate the the variation. Not like beatlock that hold s the 2 beats together but a feature that would hold the pitch/signal at a steady rate.

Andrew beatmatch the same song(clone) and see how long it holds for, even real vinyl will have some drift, if it does 16 or 32 bars then it would really affect the mixing.

A quick fix might be to deactivate the active deck(TCV) after you enter it in the mix, that way it will stop any pitch variaition

发表时间 Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 2:43 pm
I tried this before, at first it would drift around 16 bars, but now that I've worked out that one side of the vinyl works much better than the other, it holds together for 32 bars pretty easily. Thanks for the advice.

发表时间 Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 3:03 pm
ok good ....sounds like a good one-sided TCV :(

发表时间 Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 3:11 pm
the new generation of TCVs which are available now are much better.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 5:02 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
define better

发表时间 Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 11:34 pm
better quailty vinyl

发表时间 Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 11:54 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
wears less? is thicker? better quality pressing? better signal calrity? new algorhythm? deeper grooves to prevent skipping? visual time markers? larger lead-in zone?

发表时间 Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 1:29 am
Better pressing.

发表时间 Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 4:00 pm
alright I'll define better. The new generation of the TCV is no longer made by the same company. Atomix has changed company and the new generation has a better pressing, larger lead in, deeper grooves, thicker vinyl, they don't buzz as loud as the older generation either. I know there's a bit more but I don't want to give out too much info. I'll leave the support group talk about it more ;)

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 4:13 pm
Any idea if this new 'better' vinyl is what Atomix currently ship, or are they trying to get rid of the older generation first?

发表时间 Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 4:48 pm
Atomix is now shipping the new generation of TCVs.

发表时间 Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 12:58 am
Thanks, may buy a new pair in the summer.

发表时间 Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 3:14 pm
Yes, I also noticed that using turntables the speed was changing much more than using cd players. Will also buy some new ones after v4 is released.
Ewout

发表时间 Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 3:26 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)