快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: A little question... Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX - vs - Hercules DJ console

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi...

I got Hercules Dj console, but I also have a usb Sound BlasterAudigy 2 NX soundcard...

What would be the best way?
(1) Use Hercules BOTH as a console & as a soundcard
(2) Use Hercules as a controller, soundblaster as soundcard

Reason for asking, is when I upgrade to full VDJ, I have the option of using Soundblaster together with Hercules. BUT, is that better? or is it best do it all with Hercules?

I just imagine that it would be better for the console only to have to to with "commands", while leaving all soundprocessing to Soundblaster.

Or?

Dj in norway

发表时间 Fri 28 May 04 @ 8:02 am
strange..... NOBODY got any tips/answers on this?

hmmmmmm.........

发表时间 Sat 29 May 04 @ 2:01 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The best way to have a good answer is... to try yourself :p

Try differents settings and listen to the result.

You are right, it seems to be better to use the DJ Console only for control.

But as it can have a better sound and it is done for, use it as sound card if you don't have sound problems with it.

Compare the sound produced by your two sound cards (humm, dynamic...)

That's all that I can advice you :)

发表时间 Sat 29 May 04 @ 7:12 am
Can't try yet ... got console version :)
But was just thinking that was a great benefit of having full version, the possibility to use a different soundcard than Hercules, leaving Hercules only to deal with controlling VDj...

But maybe it's not better, and might as well be the best to use Hercules for both task.... I dont know :)

But thanx anyway

Dj In Norway

发表时间 Sun 30 May 04 @ 2:10 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
oupsss!
Sorry, of course you can't test this!

But you allready can test the quality of both sound cards with other software (like Win. media player).

发表时间 Tue 01 Jun 04 @ 7:06 am
have tested both soundcards with playing music from winamp and win mediaplayer.

They sound about the same, at least I dont have a high enough fidelity stereo system at home to tell any difference... :)

And my guess is that the speakers at the clubs I'm playing you would not hear any difference as well... they are just made to play load and not for hi-fi musical experiences :)

SO - my real question is NOT what soundcard sounds best, BUT, if having an extra soundcard, leaving Hercules just to control the VDJ, would that be a better soulution?

I'm not thinking about soundquality, but making my PC work better, and maybe even get rid of a few skipping/gaps problems with Hercules, that seems to come of heavy workload (just a wild guess...)

So - its more of a pratical question, and not soundquality :)
ANYONE??

:)

dj in norway

发表时间 Tue 01 Jun 04 @ 4:43 pm
Hi Dj in Norway,

I use VDJ, 2 controlers XP10 and an external mixer (Stanton SMX 501).

I like to mix with this external mixer.
So, my feeling is better when I mix (Better Cross-fader, Gain, Hi, Mid and Low controls and kill frequency) with that.

I hope your help.

Regards
Laurent, French boy.

发表时间 Tue 01 Jun 04 @ 6:20 pm
yes... I totally agree. External mixer is always best.

But using the jogwheels and buttons on Hercules, even if connected to external mixer, would be my dream :) (need full VDJ first...)

Just like u really, u use XP10 as a controller for VDJ.

BUT - that raises a new question! ;) hehe... XP10 ???? thought xp10 was delayed....
TELL ME MORE ABOUT XP10 - PLEASE!!!! :)

how is it? how does it behave? how pleased are you with the xp10? hope to hear from u on this

dj in norway

发表时间 Tue 01 Jun 04 @ 6:37 pm
Hi Dj in Norway,

I bought 2 XP10 controlers last February at Paris for an event about night life.
XP10 are wonderfull !
Then, I have fun to mix with VDJ, the controlers and my mixer Stanton SMX 501 !

You just need to be patient with the controlers.

So, to use the XP10, you need to buy the Full VDJ.
Then, let's do it !!!!
:-))
VDJ is very sheap !
:-))

Regards, Laurent

发表时间 Tue 01 Jun 04 @ 8:42 pm
but... I read your profile

"Audio Sound Cards : External Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX or 2 XP10 audio sound cards"

do you use soundblaster as soundcard, and xp10 as controller? and, is that better?

I'm still thinking that hercules MIGHT work better, if I used it ONLY for control/console, and used another usb soundcard for processing sound... But this is just a wild guess....
I just have a strange feeling that this would make Hercules run more smoothly... :)

And yes.... u are right :) I should buy the program, and xp10, and I will. XP10 for club gigs, Hercules for pub gigs... (where external equipment might be not that great, and I have to travel, and image is not that important...lol..)

How is SCRATCH with xp10? And.. one thing I really like with Hercules is that buttons are with light. That's not present in Xp10, right? Does that bother you?
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST - does XP10 make your image towards other DJ's and club owners better?? because it seems like some are skeptical when only using laptop and a mouse....

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 04 @ 1:33 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What's the weather in norway??

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 04 @ 1:33 pm
It's just GREAT today! ;) 20 degrees celsius... sun, and lovely girls :) lol...

a perfect day for a beer in town.... :)

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 04 @ 1:58 pm
Hi DJ in Norway,

Scratch with the XP10 is very very ... very wonderfull and magic !

So, the sound with the external Audigy 2 NX sound card is better than XP10 sound cards.
You have an equalizer with it.

There are not light on the buttons and the controlers.

Several of my friends are DJ and there don't like Digital Djing.
I showed them the controlers and VDJ :
It's a good tools to learn mixing.

Les filles françaises sont aussi très jolies !
You are welcom to Paris.

Regards, Laurent.

PS : Sorry, for my English.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 04 @ 7:37 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In just one word : Buy it man you won't be deceived!

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 04 @ 7:40 pm
Thanx ltozzi....
Sound really cool :)

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 04 @ 9:11 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)