快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Latop or Rackmount For XP10's - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

XiomanHome userMember since 2003
to go along w/ the xp10's would you guys recommend a laptop or a rackmount for both club & mobile work???

Thanks!

consider pro's and con's of each: such as weight, upgradebility, professionalism & others....

THanks!

发表时间 Mon 24 May 04 @ 10:22 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
We recommend that you ask questions somewhere else for your illegal version of our software!

发表时间 Mon 24 May 04 @ 11:08 pm
Rick,
I know Xioman is a major contributer over at the "other" DJ software forum. I can't speak to whether or not it is stolen. I just felt I should share that. Actually I see many new faces over here from PCDJ, I think the word Cyder sent out has been spreading. Although I'm not entirely comfortable to run my whole show from VDJ like I was with PCDJ Red, I am more inclined to use it than FX which has mostly the sme features, but the one thing I love about you guys, and this progy, is that you add features that are requested (and you don't wait 4 years) and you don't charge for these upgrade (features)......I also love that you have external guys like Fruit who will do whatever it takes to make guys like me feel as comfortable as possible with the interface. I think you should sign Fruit on as the official "skin" designer. BTW Fruit, when you are done with my CDI-1000 skin, I have something for you. I will need to email you then. You're the best.

发表时间 Tue 25 May 04 @ 5:10 am
BTW Rick. I would like to try to get someone from VDJ in touch with someone from ADJ to speak about hardware solutions....(ie pro-mix type controller). I'm sure you are well aware that for a long time many considered the Pro-Mix one of the best controllers with lousy software. I would like to try to put you guys in contact with one of my contacts at ADJ to try and piece together a joint project. I mean imagine the Velocity or DCD-1000 rack mount controller controlling every aspect of VDJ....Well the same if not better than the XP-10. LEt me know what you guys think.

发表时间 Tue 25 May 04 @ 5:14 am
Personally over the years, I have had very good results with ADJ and AA products. That would be cool.
Perhaps you or the people you are talking about should write in at the customer e-service link.
Also, I appreciate what you said about the gentleman who started this thread, but if he wants help or suggestions here in these forums, he should either use the actual trial version, or buy the full version. I wonder how well he would be received in the other forums about which you speak if they knew he was using a hacked version of their software.

发表时间 Tue 25 May 04 @ 12:30 pm
djstevieray
Virtual DJ user Posted Tue 25 May 04 @ 05:14:31

"I mean imagine the Velocity or DCD-1000 rack mount controller controlling every aspect of VDJ....Well the same if not better than the XP-10. LEt me know what you guys think."

I think that AA and VDJ would be the best joint venture ever! AA would probably do it because this company strives to lead in DJ innovations. I can see the "Power Touch" jog wheels on the Velocity or DCD-1000 spinning along with the virtual vinyl on VDJ--an awesome combination to say the least. AA is so innovative; it would probably design a new controller specifically for VDJ. So to all the people at VDJ, DON'T PASS UP THE OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE VIRTUAL DJ-ING TO LEVELS THAT WERE ONCE THOUGHT UNREACHABLE!

发表时间 Sat 29 May 04 @ 6:35 pm
DJ Rick
Support team Posted Tue 25 May 04 @ 12:30:22

"Personally over the years, I have had very good results with ADJ and AA products. That would be cool.
Perhaps you or the people you are talking about should write in at the customer e-service link."

Does the above response mean that VDJ is open to the idea of working with AA?

发表时间 Sun 30 May 04 @ 7:34 pm
Actually, i'm curious about his rackmount idea as well. Anything reccomended that would fit?

发表时间 Mon 31 May 04 @ 9:35 am
It just means that I as a DJ have over the years had good results with ADJ and AA products. Being a volunteer team member does not place me in the position to move in that direction. I'm just saying that if someone placed within the ADJ or AA community wanted to look into some type of joint venture, the place to start might be via the e-service link.

发表时间 Mon 31 May 04 @ 2:24 pm
Thanks for the reply Rick. Since I live about 20 minutes from AA, I'll see if I can drop the idea on them.

发表时间 Tue 01 Jun 04 @ 9:18 pm
Double-O,
If you drop by, ask for Joey. Tell him I sent you. I haven't had the chance to talk to him in a little bit, so if you see him before I talk to him suggest it to him, and then I'll harrass him about it. ;)

发表时间 Tue 01 Jun 04 @ 9:35 pm
djstevieray:

Could you please give me Joey's last name and the department he works in? I want to approach this endeavor in a professional manner—Joey doesn’t know me. If he works in the appropriate department, I’ll contact him as you have suggested.

发表时间 Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 12:26 am
djstevieray:

Another option is for you to talk to Joey and have him casually mention the idea to the appropriate people at AA to see if there is any interest. AA might have plans to improve its own DJ software. However, before you consider this suggestion, it would be advantages to find out if the people at VDJ are also interested in the idea—they might have other plans for a future controller.

发表时间 Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 4:27 am
djstevieray:

Another option is for you to talk to Joey and have him casually mention the idea to the appropriate people at AA to see if they are interested. AA might have plans to improve its own DJ software. However, before you consider this suggestion, it would be advantageous to find out if the people at VDJ are also interested in the idea—they might have other plans for a future controller.

b.t.w. This is an attempt to make corrections to my original post. How do you edit post in this forum?

发表时间 Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 4:32 am
Double O
Joey, was temporarily the GM for the American Audio division. Now Tom Frerett is in charge. As a moderator on ADJ's forums, Joey is a friend of mine. So when I need to get anything into the proper ADJ channels, I just contact Joey. As of now there were no plans to further AA's Pro-Mix software. That's all I can say.

BTW. You can only edit your posts up to 15 minutes from the time you make the post.

发表时间 Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 4:26 pm
Djstevieray:

Thanks for the immediate response. Joey seems like the logical person to casually approach AA about doing a joint venture with VDJ. His experience as AA’s GM is advantageous because he knows how to approach the current GM. However, before this endeavor precedes any further, someone actually involved in the decision making process at VDJ needs to show some interest in this idea. Once interest is indicated by the appropriate VDJ representative, you should have Joey casually inform Tom Fretett that a VDJ User told him that the company is interest in doing a joint venture with AA because of its innovative DJ equipment. If Tom shows interest, Joey can be explain the idea in detail and inform him that he can arrange a meeting with a VDJ representative.

Two other companies have done similar joint ventures, which have given us Final Scratch (Stanton and Native Instruments) and Scratch Live (Rane and Serato)—may AA and VDJ take Virtual DJ-ing to a higher standard!

发表时间 Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 6:28 pm
I tried to edit the above message, but I could not figure out how. Where is the edit option?

发表时间 Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 6:31 pm
The 15 minutes edit option is for full version user only.

发表时间 Thu 03 Jun 04 @ 7:47 pm
Thanks for the information coyote dj. However, please enlighten me as to why the edit option is available to the “full version user only?”

发表时间 Fri 04 Jun 04 @ 5:41 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
It may be to entice you to buy the program..........LOL

That is why I bought it anyway......

发表时间 Fri 04 Jun 04 @ 7:56 pm
74%