快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: FOR CYDERHOUSE/FRUIT - new hercules driver offers midi support!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I know this post kinda belongs in the hercules forum, BUT as this is a MIDI question, and Cyderhouse/Fruit might not have Hercules (therefore not read the hercules posts) I posted here.... (sorry if wrong)

What will MIDI support for console do? (I'm totally blank when it comes to midi...)

Any good commands u can help out with?
Can Midi support make jogwheel scratch (finally) ??

any tips & help would be appreciated! :)

love as always

dj in Norway

发表时间 Tue 18 May 04 @ 7:20 pm
any others got any tips & comments, feel free :) LOL

发表时间 Tue 18 May 04 @ 8:18 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello Dj-In-Norway, how are you doin' ?

In my opinion, scratch with the jogwheels is a software problem, so midi support should not solve it. As you said I don't have the console so I will let someone else respond to these points.

(Hey have you seen? my level growed I believe your fantastic thanks post decided the team so... THANX to you)

FRUiT94

发表时间 Tue 18 May 04 @ 9:37 pm

Hi there The-Ever-Friendly-Fruit ;)

I'm doing fine, and glad to see your level growed! :)
If anyone deserves to be a vip-member, it's you! seriously!!

And thanx to VDJ team for giving Fruit credit!!
If you read his soooo helpful post, you will see that he is making a GREAT effort to help the rest of us out! (I guess they might have seen that point by now, since they awarded you with a very welcome vip status....hehe)

Guess I've still gotta wait for the xp10 :)

dj-in-norway

发表时间 Tue 18 May 04 @ 10:12 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Depends on how midi support is given on the controller itself is there more than 127 actions on the controller? if it require's more than one midi channel we're out of luck with vdj for the time being. However if midi support was less than 127 actions (remeber button up and down is one action) then you could re-map the entire controller inside of vdj quite easily meaning you could assign any button to do anything you wanted. That's quite a feat considering.

I hope VDJ teamers understand the importance of midi as applied to what we are trying to do here. Omni mode isn't going to cut it much longer, imagine volicity sensitive jog dials for scratching or a software hampster switch for your console. the possibilties are endless and it would open up a whole new world for other contollers.

Imagine if you output midi time code, we could build our own custom lcd displays for critical info. Imagine a hardware fader to controll the software one! Better yet we could sync our lighting consoles to vdj humm scratch pan right effects the lights intresting....

all in all midi is very poweful and just as fast as usb,and your gigabit lan card. it may be an old idea but its forever in my book.

发表时间 Wed 19 May 04 @ 5:03 am
its about time! I may get one now

发表时间 Sat 22 May 04 @ 12:01 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)