快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Keyboard Assignable L/R Turntable Volume Control

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

It would be nice if there were Left and Right keyboard assignable volume controls. As far as I can tell no key strokes will control individual volume controls, only the crossfader.

For me, committing one hand to a mouse is slower than being able to control all volume levels via the keyboard.

Thank you.

发表时间 Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 5:11 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I remember the same problem and for this reason I bought a DJ Console.

发表时间 Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 9:46 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
you can do what you want with keyboard shortcuts. wou could make W max on deck A S mid volume an X cut off. you can make them so the slider will only stay there as long as you hold the button, you can make it so pressing it (and holding it if you want) will gradualy do something, so that if you press SHIFT and up it will do it more gradualy than just the up key and also so that if you press say CRTL and up it goes faster than just the key you assign to up.

there is tons of stuff you can do

read the manual

发表时间 Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 3:26 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry Dj Xeo but if you try to move up the volume on the deck A and down in deck B at the same time these doesn't work. The keyboard can accept only one signal to the time.

发表时间 Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 9:24 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
first time i saw this thread a while ago i just ignored it coz u can assign keyboard shortcuts to individual decks. but cioce u brought up something else... u want to be able to decrease one deck and increase the other at the same time? why would u do that with the volume? isnt that what the crossfader is for?

if u want to move the volumes of both decks (i dont see the need for that) up or down u can do it in 2 different ways
1. assign a shortcut for the master volume
2. assign same volume shortcut keys for deck A and Deck B

i dont think this post was even necessary after what xeo posted.

发表时间 Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 5:56 pm
didnt know VDJ couldnt accept more than one shortcut at once. best way i could find to do what you were trying to do was (wel obv using the crossfader but asside from that) was press one then the other as quickly as you need to. worked fine

发表时间 Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 3:06 am
here is the thing...

If you use the crossfader and you are bringing in the new song and it is too loud or too soft, your only option is to use your mouse to adjust the individual deck volume. Everything else (practically) has key assignments whay not these?

A secondary solution might be to have a "Cue" deck volume key where it flip flops with the cue stuff. Not perfect, but better IMHO.

发表时间 Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 10:10 pm
swarrine what xeo and i r trying to say is that u can assign ur own keyboard shortcuts. u can assign keyboard shortcuts for practically all functions.

the keyboard shortcuts the program comes with is just a lil something. go to the Ctrl panel>keyboard shortcuts and assign more shortcuts. have the shortcuts and even change the ones that'r there to SUIT YOU.

trust me, everyone that uses this program has completely different keyboard shortcuts. everyone.
S for me lowers deck A. D increases it. L decreases deck B.; increases it.
G fader to the left. H takes fader to mid. L takes fader to the right. Ctrl+ S minizes deck A volume. Ctrl+D maximizes deck A volume. etc...

to take care of the loudness of tracks go to the Fame settings in the Ctrl panel and keep the db always at 0.

发表时间 Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 10:21 pm
vpcdj-

I looked at what I believe are all of the keyboard assignments. Other than Gain, I didn't see anything for Deck A or Deck B oranything that might fit.

If you have done this, what do they call deck A&B? Specifically, where might I find it?

Thank you.

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 12:50 am
As I read the thread this came up in my mind:
- The wish is to control the volume of each deck individually
- The wish is to control the volume of both decks, where the one increases and the other decreases.

That could be done using 6 shortcut keys. I give some examples:
- W: Increases the volume of deck A
- S: Decreases the volume of deck A
- E: Increases the volume of deck A and decreases the volume of deck B
- D: Decreases the volumen of deck A and increases the volume of deck B
- R: Increases the volume of deck B
- F: Decreases the volume of deck B

How to set this up:
- Go into the VDJ config screen on the "Keyboard shortcuts" menu
- Click Add
- Select "Mixer"->"Level"
- Select the proper character (like W of the first example)
- Select the value -128 for decreasing and +128 for increasing (Or another step value if you like)
- Select the proper deck

Add 2 shortcuts for both the characters E and D (see example). One with the increasing value and the other for the decreasing value. Mind to set the proper deck.

In this case you could if you fade from deck A to deck B:
- Set the volume of deck B to zero
- Press "S" (multiple times) to lower the volume of deck A
- Start deck B
- Press "D" (multiple times) to lower A (further) and to increase the volume of deck B
- If the volume for deck B is ok, press "W" again to fade deck A to 0
Ewout

发表时间 Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 8:02 pm
good work around

发表时间 Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 1:11 am
you would also need one for both up and one for both down ; )

发表时间 Tue 28 Mar 06 @ 12:38 am
Thanks Superstrom. That is exactly what I was looking for. Sitting right in front of me the whole time...

发表时间 Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 6:00 pm
swarrine remember the cross fader was made for what ur asking for.

发表时间 Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 8:54 pm
Swarrine,
theres much more possible with the shortcuts then you would think of at first sight. We could learn more and more each day and give each other some hints to help.
Ewout

发表时间 Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 9:59 pm
What is driving my wanting to control individual deck volume IS the crossfader. When I look at waveforms of the mixes it is pretty easy to tell where they are because (for me anyway) the volume gets hotter in the middle of the crossfade.

I know there is a crossfade adjustment, I think mine is smooth (No access to VDJ, I am at work now), but maybe there is something that I missed. If so, let me know.

TIA

发表时间 Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 8:45 pm
yeah what u want is to make ur crossfader smooth and create a shortcut for it (and left-right adjustments).

the idea of mixing songs with deck mixer volume is very ancient.

发表时间 Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 10:53 pm
I know of lots and lots and lots of DJs that do exactly that. Its quite popular actualy.

发表时间 Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 1:24 am
Hi, I am using VirtualDj 5.0 Rev 5
I can't for the life of me work out how to add a keyboard shortcut for channel volume control. Arrrrggg!!!
It beats me why this isn't a basic pre loaded function on VDj??

I have read Superstom's instructions but he must have a different version to me.

Any ideas?

发表时间 Mon 31 Jan 11 @ 2:33 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

发表时间 Mon 31 Jan 11 @ 5:48 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)