快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: which is better XP10 or Denon S3500

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Im about to take the plunge and buy a complete virtual dj system my musical focus will be on play back of music videos..and Im tryin to not waste time or money by buying the wrong gear...my question is which is the better playback device Xp10 or a Denon DNS3500,and which is best for scratching and can the various features on the Denon....sound effects for example.....work on the audio portion of the files being played through it?

发表时间 Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 5:24 am
XP10 would be the flawless way of going , as its directly connected through usb

Your Deonon w/ timecode should work very good too, but having some issues with scratch on the very first beat and cue there.
You can try the Denon + timecode for free, when you buy Virtual DJ, and if you're not happy with timecode, you can always get XP10 later.

Anyway... Timecode on a CD deck will let you use play, cue, loop and pitch. And of course nudge and scratch. But all effects and other things will not work.

For effects, you have to use them in software, or on external mixer.

Virtual DJ works in a mode, where the software can still be used to controll whats going on, even if you have timecode connected. So you can sync and loop, add effects and more in software, while doing the basics on Denon.

XP10 have buttons that directly triggers functions in software, such as loop and effects.
Its also a mapper, so you can change these functions.

Hope that helps a bit ;)

I see you wanna make absolutely sure, but users here have all kinds of different opinions on what is best etc. You should really try yourself. And getting the software would let you test timecode.
You would need a soundcard, such as Maya or Hercules too of course.

发表时间 Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 10:52 am
I had 5000s and they worked perfectly, i'm using 12's with tcv, but i think my 5000s were a lot better.

I hope that helps!

发表时间 Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 11:53 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If I were you I would wait a couple months till the release of some new midi controllers in the market. If your mixing video files you will definitely want the hands on approach with a fader rather than just using a keyboard.

I myself am trading in my xp10's for a pair of denon 3500's and the behringer bcd-2000. In that way I'll get the best of both worlds in midi and cd. Still waiting for the release of the bcd-2000 though :(

发表时间 Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 9:34 pm
hi l_rids
the denon 3500 looks pretty cool
will it work with VDJ?
thanks

发表时间 Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 3:56 am
For me I will choose cd player to control the software and incase computer or software glitch Or freez I have Back-up. l Think cd turntable will work on VDJ with TCCD. I have denon S5000 and work great with
VDJ.

发表时间 Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 8:46 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)