快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: It's just about official .. I've taken flight

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I again don't want to jinx myself but I am going to anyway.

"When you get the 6600 up and running your system will fly"

Well I believe I have just taken off.

Now that I got a replacement card that actually works.. (yea just my luck before) Everything seems to be running smoothly. I have to max out every system resource to even get the hint of a music skip (which I will take at this point) and no blinks or freezes on the screen.

When I first put the new card on I got the blue screen of death twice. I said heck with this. Deleted the drivers again and reinstalled then immediately went to the newest driver and presto, I have a computer....

YES I even got my dac-3 today and love it. Just need more time to test. A 4 hour time frame in automix worked well. I would stop now and then and beat on it (scratch, fx, karaoke file, music video, visulization) and ok so far.

So from 30,000 feet I say thanks to all that gave me advice and wish me luck that I have no further problems.....

发表时间 Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 6:02 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
So what was the problem ? A faulty 6600 ?
Everything else (pci rizer etc) remains the same on this computer ?
Let us know what to avoid.

发表时间 Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 6:53 am
faulty 6600 was the issue, at least the new one works just fine.

发表时间 Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 1:54 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
vantinedj,

I'm glad that you finally get your computer up and running!

Have a nice Fly! ;-)

发表时间 Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 4:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Vantinedj,
i saw in your blog you have dac-2. Since you bought the new dac-3 are interested in selling me your old, retired, ugly and cheap dac-2 of yours?

发表时间 Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 12:02 am
Unfortunately I am keeping it for a laptop system I have to do wedding with. Sorry.

发表时间 Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 4:02 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
@vantinedj
Few, glad you sort that out! I mean, I suggested you 6600, and when you start having problems, I feel like a .hit! Happy to hear all is running fine! Use the latest Forceware drivers, Nvidia is very good in solving problems with drivers, unlike ATI.
Have a good mix man :) !

发表时间 Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 10:12 am
changed VDJ skin from default to numark on my 17" monitor and the screen froze for 20 seconds (screen freeze meaning scrren instantly stops where it's at, programs all continue to run, mouse still works, I can move the mouse arrow, nothing else on the screen moves but I can open close programs, load music, turn off, i just have to guess where everything is, i still see the same still picture from the freeze). CRAP!!!! Went right back to the Numark. Wonder if that is something to do with the new driver issue that people are having issues with though since the skin went over into my tv out....? The worst part is I was just securing all of the bolts back down into the case. Still bearly any music skipping and no screen blinking but the freeze was a major concern before. You know I tested music for five hours straight yesterday and everything tested fine. I will continue to test.

发表时间 Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 4:31 am
meant i went back to the default skin. so far so good.

发表时间 Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 5:03 am
nope frozen. testing. dragged vdj onto the extended window a bit and eventually frozen. i have been stuck for 3 minutes.

i'm adding here...

after five miuntes i guessed where the log off was and there was a blink in the screen and it unfrooze again....

driver issue maybe?

发表时间 Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 5:14 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Possible. You can try some older drivers, maybe? Might be better.

发表时间 Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 9:46 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Why are you dragged vdj onto the extended window?
It is normal for the interface to freeze when chaning skins.
Make sure you are using a compatable skin, this will cause locks also.

发表时间 Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 12:01 pm
Not trying to drag the skin. I only did that on purpose when I changed to the Numark skin and noticed an issue. I then tried to recreate it. When I open the Numark skin on my 17" monitor in 1280 x 1120 (hope thats right, my screens optimal res) it hung over slightly onto the secondary monitor becuase of it's size. The video output on VDJ was set to activitate hardware acceleration and not the window but the output to the 6600gt card. Someone else mentioned issues with the newer drivers and ok with 78.01. Tonight I will revert to 78.01 and test. If not I'm lost.

And Rick, when I mean freeze I don't mean a slight freeze while changing skins, please read above. I mean entire screen freezes in time for minutes at a time, not only vdj, but the mouse pointer continues. I can open programs without an issue if I guess where they would be. I can operate my dac3 controller without a problem, play pause on vdj, spinback. It is not a computer freeze but some sort of very strange video freeze but the mouse still works. I looked all over the net and can't find this exact issue. Can someone with the 6600gt try to duplicate this? Maybe I have a setting wrong?

发表时间 Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 1:58 pm
got a blue screen memory dump tonight but no freezes after i went to a different driver. i am going to not go with this new card and go straight back to the pci ati 9250. hopefully the skipping will still stay away. i am going to stay away from music video. just not meant to be for me.

发表时间 Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 4:54 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)