快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: New System is up and running. I am now ready to upgrade my video card - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

发表时间 Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 5:02 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
VT,

you don't need a gaming card for vdj, which is why the 6600gt is so good, but not so good with games THE AMOUNT OF VIDEO MEMORY DOESN'T MATTER TO VDJ its the speed of the gpu and the ram, video card memory only comes into play when you are scratching! the more memory the more you can back cue, this is the only advatange. Tons of users here are using the 6600gt, and not to mention vdj is devolped on this very card (that at the fx5200) If you want 256megs (which you don't need) then go with the 6800gt it will cost you twice as much and you won't notice the differnce. The reviews on new egg are from gamers not people using vdj.

发表时间 Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 6:12 am
OK Cyder. Just got worried becuase they were saying that bad cards were being sent out. But if you think that is the best way to go I will go for it. Thanks for the help.

发表时间 Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 1:48 pm
I 2nd cyders answer. I choosed a 6800 GT 256MB only to be on the _really_ safe side.

发表时间 Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 3:21 pm
ok. just purchased the px6800 gt. wish me luck...

发表时间 Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 4:16 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Already BUY it your luck vantinedj ;-)

发表时间 Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 5:30 pm
Cyder is right on the money. The 6600GT128 is fine. I have it and so does cyder and the VDJ dev team. It has DDR3 memory. The fastest out there.

发表时间 Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 2:43 am
I read too quickly I hope the 6800 is ok too. I have two spaces open and a 400 watt power supply (min 350 watt on the card) so I should be fine I guess. I called newegg to try to chage it and it already shipped. Would you not open it and send if back for the 6600? What do you think?

发表时间 Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 3:07 am
Maybe they have a return policy... check with them, maybe you have to pay something else.

发表时间 Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 4:40 am
I looked at the card slots and the card won't fit. I will have to return it. I hope I can. I am now trying to reinstall my old card. I'll have to have someone look at the computer to see what I can get installed. arrgh...

发表时间 Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 4:46 am
If your video card slot is brown it is agp. if is black it is pci-express. black is better. pci-express cards are better and cheaper. newer technology.

发表时间 Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 5:48 am
You have to look in your motherboard specs to find out if it is an AGP or a PCI-Express slot and get the proper Video card for that slot.

发表时间 Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 5:53 am
it's agp

发表时间 Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 5:59 am

发表时间 Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 6:14 am
That's the Video card for you (AGP)... Could you point me what video card is the 6800 you buy in Newegg?

发表时间 Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 6:23 am
I Have a few issues, i'd like to get some feedback on. I have a P4 3.0g, 1gig of ram, an ATI 9600 w/256mb agp. I have noticed a very slight video lag on some files. There is a bigger lag on long videos (12 Min PO Mixes). The longer the video, the longer the lag. I'm talking about a second or less, but I can not play these videos. Are you guys saying that if I get one of these cards, it will improve the sync of my videos? If this is the case, it brings up another issue for me. I only have a 300w power supply in this Antec Aria small form factor case. Are there any suggestions on a card that may fit my needs? I have 3 internal harddrives, a DVD/RW drive, a six card reader, WT 192 soundcard, and a cyclone exhaust fan. How critical are the requirements of a 350w & up power supply? I wanted to build another system using this same case, but newer components. It will still have the same power supply. Any cards out there that will only need a 300w power supply?

发表时间 Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 6:47 am

发表时间 Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 7:15 am
I and many others have the exact same problem.

It is probably VDJ, not your video card. VDJ's internal video decoder supports Screenplay and Promo Only videos correctly and never lags.

If you have a store bought video and need to use Windows Media Player to play it because the internal video decoder either gives you an error message or hash noise then you will have an intermittent lag that gets worse the longer the video goes.

Unfortunately, the only solution I know of is to wait until the dev team fixes the internal decoder or use another program or a DVD player to play videos. I have a TON of stuff I can't use or it's a hassle to use w a DVD player.

I am told they are "well aware" of this problem and are working on it. I hope that is accurate, lol.

发表时间 Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 8:26 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Of course we are always working to improve vdj :)

The store bought videos use ac3 audio, which vdj's internal decoder doesn't understand (yet)
The internal supports only pcm audio at thist time. Re-encoding these (remastering) is the only way to fix them to play in the internal decoder. All videos must have audio presnt as well.

Vantine,

Card looks good to me, I feel bad none of suggested to look at the slot and make sure you get the right card for it. I guess we all assumed it would be pcix. At this point i would consider and entire motherboad update to work with the new card, that is up to you tho.

发表时间 Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 8:44 am
I just don't know. I just bought this system from Les for those who know him. Is this going to cause an issue. The system seems real strong. I just want to make sure it is totally ready for the road. Now that I got through wedding season I thought I should upgrade anything that was of lessor quality like the video card. Just so I can learn, what is the difference in between the boards??

发表时间 Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 3:46 pm
50%