快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: does any one else here have trouble getting music?? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hey guys, i know that downloading and playing songs from the internet is probably ilegal in some way, but does anyone have any good free quick download sites for me??
i used to be able to do this with windows media player, but then one day i decided that version ten sounded better so i got that, an of course it doesn't let u keep the music an play it in VDJ...
so yeah would ne one have any good sites for me?

cheers, sean
;)

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 12:16 pm
Just go to a shop and buy CD ;)

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 12:35 pm
I only pay for mine. Don't believe in file sharing...

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 1:44 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
iTunes is probably your best bet if you are looking for a song here and there. They have stuff that you can't yet buy in the stores, before it is commercially released. You can burn the songs to an audio CD and then rip them back into whatever format you want.... or use dbPower Amp, which I heard can do this without burning.

On the other hand, if you are looking to keep up with everything new, then look into services like 'PromoOnly.'

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 3:33 pm
I recommend signing up to a DJ service like Promo Only or ERG Music. If you're looking to steal songs for free then you're probably in the wrong place. Most of the users here prefer to obtain music legally. Unfortunately most of the good music is not available for free, legally. To get the good stuff, legally and consistently, then you'll need to pay for it. You also would not want to endanger the venue that you play at by playing the set with stolen music. Do the right thing and sign up for a music service.

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 5:13 pm
also www.emusic.com offer some 50 free mp3's. You have to fill in the credit card number
but they will charge you after one month if you don't cancel your membership.
This was the case for me, since i didn't find much interesting music for me there.
(okay i have some gloria gaynor mixes and one prodigy and some 2 latino songs)
but i have only 10 songs that i cancelled with 90 downloads left.

But maybe you'll be interested in trying.

Also it looks like I need a receipt with the songname, but they dont provide it.

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 5:52 pm
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
So your saying that none of you have ever downloaded music and never will?! Well I'm sorry but I don't believe you!

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 6:28 pm
As awesome said Promo only. I could basically dj on those CDs alone. There are so many series though it could get expensive ;)

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 6:43 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try Soul Seek.

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 6:49 pm
Don't care if you believe us or not. I don't have to prove anything to you. That's like a thief breaking into my house, and asking if I have a receipt for all my stuff. If you can't afford to be in this business, find something else to do. BTW, I get my music from TM Century, Promoonly, and beatport.com. I also get my re-mixes from X-Mix (all series), Select Mix, Ultimix (all series), Pro Mix (2 series), and Music Factory Mastermix. I get My DVD's from Promoonly, TM Century, and VMS. As you can see, I spend a great deal of money, and have nothing but contempt for guys like you. Now where's the hose, so I can wash you off the bottom of my shoe.

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 7:39 pm
Rory, maybe you think it's ok to screw artists out of their royalties (as if they're not already getting screwed by the record labels), but I for one do not think it's ok. I know artists, and I know how hard some of them have to struggle to make a buck - especially the up and coming. If EVERYONE decided to steal their music instead of buying it, their carreers would be over before they even started.

So yes, I am saying that I don't steal music. About the closest thing to stealing music I ever did was buy from allofmp3.com, and I still paid for it just like anyone else who buys from them.

I mostly prefer rely on my Promo Only and ERG Music subscriptions. I've also purchased a few 100+ CD collections off of eBay which can get you a whole bunch of music for around $1 a CD. These can usually be resold on Amazon. And yes, I know that buying CDs off of eBay does not benefit the artist, but at least it's legal.

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 8:27 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think it depends on respect, If you respect the music you play and respect the artist then yes you should pay, If you don't respect the music or the artist then you shouldn't pay.

However, If you are making money from bad music you don't respect, then you should still pay as the monthly cost of material is only likely to be a fraction of what your earning from that music, It also backs you up legally in the event you should be investigated, which is becoming increasingly likely.

My on view on the matter is that you shouldn't spend money on music unless you can really afford it, music is a luxury to own, it isn't awfully cheap, I think it should be higher on your list of prioritys to pay charity to the one billion people who don't eat properly, than to pay money to someone like 50 Cent so he can buy more golden toilet seats!..(and yes he does have a toilet seat made from gold)

I used to spend loads on CD's every month, Music I liked and music I didn't like, now I've seen poverty in the flesh, I've kinda realised what's more important ;).

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 9:42 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
***soul seek is a P2P i wouldn't advise it.

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 9:58 pm
Bagpuss, I strongly disagree with you. Nobody cares what we like. We get paid to play what our clients like. I don't like the fact 50 has a gold toilet, but he earned it. He can do what he wants with his money. He made it because a LOT of people like his music, and paid for it. We don't get to tell people how to spend their money. How do you know if he donates or not? If you don't like him, then by all means, don't support him, don't buy any of his music. But don't steal it, make money off of him, and then tell us you don't like him. I don't know about you, but try doing a party without any 50 cent tracks, and see how well you do. Unless it's a 80th birthday party, and all they want is polkas, i've done one.

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 10:36 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I do think it's generally wrong to download music illegally, but I think it hurts the record companies alot more than it hurts the artist. As it is, the artists that are being most 'violated' generally get paid so much that they don't know what to do with all of the money. So they develop drug habits in order to occupy their time. They meet someone, marry them a month later, divorce within a year, etc. I know this is a generalization, but all too common.

Anyway, my point is that the record companies work on a business structure that depends on music being sold and sold a certain way and the fat cats are afraid to adapt that structure to changing times; some of them are more self-destructive than the rock stars. Why not make the bulk of your money on live artist performances... there is no substitute for that. Bring the focus back to the talent, not the production and packaging. Use the music to advertise the artists, not the other way around. Those without real talent will suffer of course, but then they should go do whatever they are talented at, whether it is running a restaurant, shining shoes, or accounting.

The money hungry executives do currently screw the artists, but that is only because the artists have given up the rights to their talent and allow the execs to manipulate them. There have been execs who operate under a true love for the music, such as Factory Records' Tony Wilson, but unfortunately, the big companies have a grasp on the radio stations and the listeners in addition to the artists and thereby make it hard for the small labels to stay afloat.

Anyway, enough venting for me... just figured I would get some thoughts off my chest since the opportunity arose, and hopefully sparc some more opinionated conversation, which is generally healthy, especially in a forum that is specifically for 'general discussion.' It's hard to maintain an open mind when you don't expose yourself to the opinions of others ;)

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 10:44 pm
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@dj seany69 - If you're looking for a way to build up your music collection quickly and at low cost. Try buying CD's in bulk from police auctions or ebay. Here's one http://www.stealitback.com

Also, in my opinion, if you're illegally downloading music then this can't be the right hobby/career for you. Music is simply a dime in the bucket compared to all the other costs associated with djing.

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 10:51 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm glad you strongly disagree with me, because now you've given me the task of replying to your message, without that I would lose my passion.

But I'm disappointed because you said you "strongly disagree", now I've read your message I fail to see any disagreement with what I said, rather a misunderstanding.

"Nobody cares what we like. We get paid to play what our clients like"

This is why I said that I think paid DJ's SHOULD buy their music.

About 50 Cent, It's not about whether 50 cent pays charity, It was about the moral code of where the consumer puts his/her money, If you are able then you should buy your music, if you earn money through music you should buy that music, but If you can't afford to be in this business then you shouldn't pay the likes of 50 Cent "so that he can have another GOLDEN toilet seat" at the expense of not paying to the needy, this is clearly my personal opinion, but what's more important?..

If I have to buy a 50 Cent CD so I can earn $$$ in a club then I will.., because considerable profit will be made, I'm now in a position to pay money to people in need.., more than what I put in 50 Cents pocket, I couldn't care less about who he is and what he does.

To be Frank, I'm plain sick of listening to peoples material pursuits and desires, and listening to how people are spending their money on extravagances, and don't pay a single dollor to people in need, this way, extreme world poverty will always plague us, and It is our shame.., hence the reason why I'd rather not see people jumping on the material bandwagon at the expense of the less wealthy, do both or do what is most important if you aren't financially able.

发表时间 Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 11:25 pm
i appologise,what i was actualy getting at is that whenever i go to bigpond music etc, they rarely have what im looking for, so thank you for the suggestions for things like bulk buying from ebay, or the subsrcription websites, they sound like a good idea.
i also do not believe in illegal downloads, as i know that it is theft and i think that i have left the wrong impression on some of you...
thank you for all the feedback
happy mixing

发表时间 Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 2:01 am
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
A MAN AND HIS MUSIC: If you can't have a mature discussion don't have one at all. Saying your going to "scrape me of your shoe" is the most ridiculus thing I've ever heard!! Yes I download music to see what its like! Thats how I discover new songs! I'm not afraid to download songs becasue it's not costing me anything. So what I do is find the ones I like and THEN I go out and spend my hard earned cash. And cash is very hard to come by when your studying in college FULL TIME to be a sound engineer with little or no time off! So cop on an act your age, that is presuming your not some little 12 year old.

Rory

发表时间 Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 11:39 am
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@Rory:
Don't bother arguing with A man and his music, all he does here is insult posters.
(now he's going to insult me too, I just won't reply...)

Now back to the topic.
I hear ya.
When I started DJing back in highschool, this was costing me a fortune.
I must have spent 8K on music between the ages fo 17-20.

That's just a ridiculous amount of money to have to pay when you're a student, especially when our job consists of promoting the music we are buying. The music industry should be giving us the music for free and sucking up to us to play it (and actually that's what record pools are all about; so I'm not the only one thinking like that, since the companies themselves give their music for free to record pools so that it becomes known).

Anyways, message me on MSN and I'll be glad to give you tips on how to lower your costs as a DJ. (msn address: raz@djraz.com)

发表时间 Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 4:37 pm
47%