快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: necessary features, most of them easy to impliment

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Don't know if these have been posted, I don't have time to read all suggestions.

There are seven in total, in no particular order. Please give them all strong consideration (except for suggestion #6). :)

1) (VERY EASY) (good for all users)

Under the ADJUST BMP VALUES window, EDIT BPM tab, there needs to be more multipliers.
Specifically, /1.25 and /1.5. Much of the time, when the BPM is wrong it's off by this much, and I have to open the calculator window and take 10 seconds to do what should be done in a 1/10 of a second. This should be a very easy and very welcome fix.

2) (Probably difficult) (good for all users)

Try to create a "Snap to" feature, such that you can manually tap 4 to 8 beats, then have the program rerun a BPM lock intelligently trying to lock the new beat to low (beat) or high (symbols) that occur very near the manual beat tap, and use this to lock a BPM throughout the song.

3) (VERY EASY) (more geared toward the home user)

Insert another sort field into the Music file section. In the file list, and the Playlist list, add a seperate column for the asterisk (*) that currently is after the BPM value to indicate that the song can be played in beatmatch via autoplay. This could be used to instantly separate all files that can readily be played in autoplay. Those who don't want such a feature could simply give the column no width and it would do them no harm.

4) (very easy) (good for many users) (Note:, this function is NOT THE SAME as the NEW SONGS ONLY function)

Add a button to the playlist section (ie, by shuffle and new songs only buttons) called ELIMINATE DUPLICATES. This way, one can make many different playlists by genre, mood, time period, etc that would have many songs that would have overlap to other categories. Based on the situation, a DJ could drag all appropriate playlists to the playlist section, then simply hit ELIMINATE DUPLICATES and any redundant songs that happened to be in more than on category would be gone, ensuring no repeats.

5) (probably very easy) (good for many users)

Add a SLIGHT SHUFFLE button next to the playlist SHUFFLE button. This would go through the list, top to bottom (the function would need to keep a seperate before and after list) such that each song on the list will randomly go up or down the list zero, one, or two places. The before and after (or two lists during the fuction process) would just be so that each song was processed only once. There would of course, only be the "After" list as the finished list. Surely many of your users could make use of this function, to add some randomness, yet preserve the general "flow" of the lists order.

6) (maybe easy, probably difficult) (good for all users) (this I recommend the least, and only if it's easy to impliment, which I'm guessing it might not be)

I've noticed that while the program is trying to lock on to the BPM, sometimes it get's it right half way through the process, and at the end is way off (when dragging a song without a BPM value onto the deck). Perhaps if you could add a button somewhere to get the program to stop the BPM find process at the point where the user can tell it's accurate. Perhaps have another button to restart the the process from scratch, but such that the BPM still updated in real time on the visual scrolling beat bar again (as opposed to the analyse function which only seems to give a percentage window) Thes buttons would be best in a popup window, such that they wouldn't accidentally be hit during regular DJing (that could be disasterous).

7) (very easy) (good for most users)

A change file name option that WOULD NOT include the songs file extension. I fail to see when it would be good to be able to change the files extesion within the DJ program.

VDJ KICKS ASS. I love this program. I only spend my time submitting these suggestions not as an insult to the program, but as a compliment, and I hope my suggestions don't fall upon deaf ears, especially the ones that are so easy to impliment.

Keep up the good work!

IF ANYONE FEELS STRONGLY toward any of these suggestions, PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF IT in a reply. The more response a suggestion gets, the more likely the developers will take note of it. Thank you.

发表时间 Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 4:05 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Interesting points...
I agree with
#1 (more Bpm multipliers), #2 (snap..) #4 (Duplicates on playlist) #5 (randomize)

发表时间 Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 6:24 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i asked for #1 a while ago, vdj always finds a beat pattern, its either displays 3 beats where there should be 4, or 5 beats where there should be 4. a simple set of 2 extra buttons in the bpm config window that divide by these numbers and that would make correcting BPM's very easy

发表时间 Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 7:55 am
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm glad that someone else is interested in the SLIGHT SHUFFLE idea. At first, I was thinking of a more complex function that dealt with BPMs, but this function would be simpler to do, and work with existing playlists. So, two birds with one stone really. Also, it can randomize a bit more, not needing a subfunction or anything, but just by the user just clicking on it a few more times.

Surely many that aren't even asking for the SLIGHT SHUFFLE feature would use it appreciate it once it was implimented, especially if there's a new feature list for the next patch or however they do it.

As easy as this particular implimentation of the idea would be, and that it isn't BPM dependant like my last more complex-in-function idea (not that others hadn't come up with the same idea already), I'd be disappointed if it wasn't implimented. With this function, all it'd take for me to get about the same results as the much more complicated function simply requires me to sort the playlist by BPM, then hit SLIGHT SHUFFLE 1 to 5 times. This way, I can listen to my songs with out too much time shifting, yet at the same time, not have the same songs in the same order. (currently, I sort by BPM and move the mouse quickly up and down the playlist, pressing and releasing the mouse button to move the tracks, then scroll down a bit and repeat until the whole list is slightly shuffled) (BTW, I don't use this for DJing, but for background music at parties and whatnot as it works so much better than Windows Media Player with the overlap function, that is after I put the time into the in and out points and whatnot)

发表时间 Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 11:56 pm
I definately agree with most of those new improvements. Some would not help me very much, but they certainly wouldn't hurt me. I had thought of the BPM idea before, but hadn't put it up here. I think it's a great idea and if the Dev team could impliment it, it would save all of us much time and effort BPM tapping and manually adjusting the value until it's just right.

As far as the BPM window adjustment adding more buttons for /1.25, /5 etc., would it be easier to be able to input any value to divide by? Of course keep the /2, but that would save extra buttons and it would remove any need to open the Windows calculator even if you have a different situation. (However if the above idea is implemented, there will be no need for this as adjusting the BPM accurately would be much easier.)

I also think the "Eliminate duplicates" button would be wonderful. You could easily drag several playlists and not have to worry about removing repeats manually.

I had at least one more idea, but forgot...I'll have to post them sometime later...

发表时间 Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 6:52 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes number two has been sugested a few times and would be cool. infact it would be indispensible to me because i dont have the privelage of having all my songs in advance when i play and ebign able to get VDJ to get BPM intelegently would be MASSIVE. if it can get this information from the user and interpolate it out intelegently then the margin of error is 0. VDJ could therefore re-introduce the elastic CBG that i understand was used once to allow the BPMing of classic tracks and those with breaks that change BPM etc or have a spindown that is not a standard number of normal beats.

number one would be a good way to fix most of the BPMs that are not totaly wrong lol but if you could map the space bar to the 'snap to' idea (i have no sue for auto mix) and any press on it (unless the song was locked, another good idea) would trigger the snap to BPM mapping.

having a separate colum for the automixable nes of a song would be amazing with three types.
Manualy configured,
automaticly configured - good certanty,
automaticly configured - acurate mix unlikely

TOP post and if the developers do not implement at least some of these features real soon im gonna find them and take their wives hostage until they do..................lol

发表时间 Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 2:39 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
someone else help me out and keep this posts head above water here lol. these things would make a large difference to the program and i want it to be common knowledge that we all support them (if, as im sure you do, you think they are good ideas) so that its clear to developers that this is what we want, allways have wanted, and want before any other video or lighting improvements.

发表时间 Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 2:40 am
Yes. I'm sure the people who use VDJ for video and lighting appreciate it, but VDJ is first and foremost a DJing program, so these things should be top priorities.

发表时间 Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 3:03 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
supports 7.

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 9:28 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)