快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Finalscratch TCV?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

How about the ability to use FS v1 or v2 TCV? We here in the US have a bit of a spat paying EU shipping and so we'd like to use some local TCV.

I'd use D-Vinyl, but they're outta biz. Right now, I come close by using TCCDs on a American DJ Velocity Dual (nice CD player!), but I have 2 Wheelz'oSteel (M5G's!!!) sitting idle right now :(

Can it be done on a DLL plugin? Hell, djdecks does it!

发表时间 Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 1:18 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
decompiling of code is perfectly leagal for compatibility VDJ team! It wouldnt hurt to do what others have done and get multiple compatibility with different vinyl

发表时间 Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 1:29 am
Xeo, you don't have to decompile anything.
It's harder but you just experiment with the values you get.

发表时间 Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 1:06 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
If you want a Vinyl work with VirtualDJ, you have to pay your Time Coded Vinyls from VDJ.
VDJ it's only compatible with TCVs or DVinyl. Not any others.

发表时间 Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 10:50 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think what they are really saying is that this stuff needs to be available in the US. that shipping cost can hurt.

发表时间 Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 5:40 pm
That is exactly the issue. The shipping is totally ridiculous to the US. I mean it would be cheaper for me to run a batch of 100 vinyl's (the minimum) at a pressing plant here and sell off the rest I don't need locally. What we are suffering is the cost of small batch shipping and the lack of Atomix to not actively find a distributor here (in the US). The argument of D-Vinyl working is worthless since they are out of business and there are no sources of D-Vinyl anywhere (and I'm talking about new, not "look in eBay" used).

I want to support the product, and I have done that by purchasing it. But soon djdecks will support skins and it'll be a matter of time before somebody skins a VDJ interface for it, and then I will be a former user of VDJ since djdecks has options. VDJ is not giving me much of an option here.

Does Atomix hear me?!?

发表时间 Sat 27 Aug 05 @ 2:10 am
kittyranma, I see your point but you still missing other things.

Finalscratch costs $600 usd Even Serato costs $500. VDJ+TCVs Costs less than a 3th part of it. As I understand 4 vinyls costs you about $100 with shipping included.

The Vinyls are made in France, and that's how it cost you. I known it's and expensive vinyl, but it's a cheapest solution, don't you agree?.

I don't know if there's going to be a distributor in the US soon, Maybe another fellow in the community can tell us.

;-)

发表时间 Sat 27 Aug 05 @ 5:58 am
* shipment included (sorry I miss that)

发表时间 Sat 27 Aug 05 @ 10:58 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
acw_dj: it's actually not cheaper if you already own the finalscratch or serato ;)

kittyranma: just wondering, what are the prices there for "cutting" your own track on a vinyl (in this case a timecode you downloaded) ?

发表时间 Sat 27 Aug 05 @ 11:20 pm
Here's some vinyl prices (ALL USD): (@Aardvark, Denver CO) Mastering $320, Plating $135, Ref Laquer (test) $50, ship $25 (subtotal = $370), Pressing (@Bill Smith, L.A., CA for 100 records) Vinyl $95, Jacket $37, Shrink wrap $10, Labels $120 (subtotal $262), Grand total $582 (e.g.: $5.82 per record).

Or Acme Records (Canada) will do all of the above for 300 records @ $1100 ($3.66 per record).

Now, if it were me, and keeping it legal, I would not use VDJ TCV, especially since the TCCD mp3 is only 128kbps (which is part of the crackling problem I can see). I *could* get it off of the VDJ vinyl, but I'd prefer to avoid legal hassles.

BUT VDJ already supports D-Vinyl TCV. So it's easy enough to track down those people, get a quickie release signature, maybe some "grease" to help it along (money, moo-lah, dinero, payola, bribe, etc), get a DAT of their TC, plop down $1100, keep 50 for myself, and the rest on ebay for, hmmm ... $9/each. Let's do the math: (new cost: 250 / $1100 = $4.40), 250 * $9.00 = $2250 - $1100 = $1150 profit!

Even if I has to use Aardvark above because I needed higher reference (recording) levels for the TC, then I still would be making (100 * $9.00 = $900 - $582 =) $318 profit INSTEAD OF A LOSS OF 335euros ($413 USD) for the meximum of 20 TCV's I can order.

Again, IS ATOMIX LISTENING? I'ld drop this idea in a second (and believe me, I can *easily* afford to invest in this real quick) if Atomix would find a US distributor and cut the damn shipping prices down!!!

发表时间 Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 1:43 am
kittyranma,
I own the D-vinyl 2020 controller and timecode vinyls. Those vinyls are not working as good as the VDJ Timecode vinyls by far. With the D-Vinyl timecode vinyls Needledrop is not supported. Also if you move the record slowly the signal is not picked up correctly.

Therefore I bought the VDJ timecode vinyls. So I recommend not to use the d-vinyl timecode vinyls.

Ewout

In my opinions VDJ should look for a us distributor. It will rise the sells enormous in my opinion

发表时间 Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 8:48 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)