快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Time Stretch - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

When will the Time Stretch be fixed? I am happy that all the Video DJs are estactic over the new features and effects...but what about this OLD, OLD, OLD problem????

MS

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 11:17 am
I totally agree with you... the master tempo problem is still not solved...

But I think its not the easyest part to change beause it directly affects the read engine of the software and making modifications on it may have serious impact on the rest of the software...

I hope the problem will soon be solved.

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 1:44 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It would also cost money..

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:05 pm
As much as developing a bunch of video features even when this problem was known before the video features existed? Face it, atomix is a business and they are adding FEATURES to sell more copies. Fixing bugs does not sell more copies, features and new versions do. Classic Microsoft style development. Funny enough though, Bill Gates said this almost verbatim himself. They focus more on building new versions with more features than they focus on fixing bugs in old versions. Only difference is they make you pay for the new version with the fixed bugs and the new features. Atomix just forces you to upgrade, even if the old version has all the functions you need!

In other words, there is no way to get a bugfixed 2.x version, you MUST upgrade if you want the bug fixes, even if the video features are useless and the 2.x version was functionally complete for you.

Having said all that, yes, it is time to fix the timestretch algorithm.

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:56 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
If the updates have a cost for use it, I will agree with you awesome, but it's not the case. The real thing is that the timestretch maybe need a MAJOR fix. In that case is better to do some minor or more "convenient" features.

I have seen and concluded, the BPMs are a problem in CONCEPT and from there many problems will be. If the timestretch use this to work, this is the real problem.

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 5:12 pm
Timestretch has nothing to do with the BPM analyzer engine. They work completely indepenent of eachother. Timestretch doesn't care what kind of music you are playing, nor does it try to figure out how to apply the algorithm to what's playing. It's constant and applies exactly the same to whatever is playing. BPM analyzer engine on the other hand, trys to analyze to the music for better or worse and figure out the rthym patterm. I personally think the VDJ BPM engine is pretty good. Nearly as good as Mixmeister for most of the music I play. BPM analyzers will never work 100% though, so I would just accept that they work as good as they do and move on. Tapping beats manually seems to work pretty well for me anyways.

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 5:26 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
It's really sad to see how people always find a way to complain whatever we do.

So, to answer the question, yes some work is in progress regarding a new timestretch engine. And some work is in progress regarding the video too, in parallel.
But as it came, the timestretch engine was not finished yet, while the video was, so we decided to release a new version with the video so that people could enjoy it right away.

We thought it was a better policy to release new features as they are ready, rather than waiting a full year before releasing a bunch of new features together.
But maybe we were wrong and we should wait until next year before we make another update, so that people don't complain that there is not enough changes.

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 5:50 pm
Hi Dev Staff. I think you are wrong when you say people don't appreciate the work you do. I for one really appreciate VDJ and the work by the development team.

Just for the record though, I don't need any new features. None. Especially not video,... I would have been fine if the video product was rolled into a seperate product that we had to pay for.

I would also be happy if every release for the next year were bugfix releases. But like I said in my earlier post,,.. I understand you guys are running a business and you must keep pace with the competitors and add new features in order to sell more copies.

So I guess, I'll need to be happy with whatever you guys release and however you decide to package it up. Don't mistake that as a complaint though. We really do appreciate this product.

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 7:20 pm
@dev staff I think that the choice was right, but I hope publishing a list of features/fixes that you are working on will make many people happy when announced.
I fully understand it will be limited to not let the competitors copy the functions..

Anyway good to hear that it's bein worked on... nobody want's to hurry you guys...
I think this info is enough for now.

Nice day 2 all

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 7:36 pm
Well nobody and nothing is perfect, which is something we all find hard to accept..

Even if everyones demand,wish and desires came true with the VDJ software, how long after all the praises and celebrations would it be until the forum is busy with further requests and complaints??..

It wouldn't be long i'll tell you..

The Dev team have done a wounderful job, most of the negative points in the software have been fixed and updated, and that's why the few remaining are more apparent, we all pointed out what we didn't like about some updates, and had doubts over what the Dev teams main prioritys were, and everyone if had the chance would develop this software themselves all in a different way, so the Dev team have always done good work and i'm sure they will continue to do so.., but we should make observations, because they can't do it as we would because they are not us!.

Anyway, while the Dev team is reading, i'll make my final point which i've said before and I think it's backed up by most of the users and DJ magazines that rated this product, and that is "improve what has been done, and don't do anythinfg else", or in other words, the bug fixes, the stability, the timestretch, the gain detection, the EQ, sound quality etc is where we want focus, rather than fancy new features being on top of the agenda.

I think this is exactly what we'll see, because most of the implementation has been done, it's got to be now when it's looked at from afar..

Alot of the time we complain because of our own personal frustration, VDJ is not always the problem :).

Bagpuss - happier since VDJ..

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 8:15 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I read this post last night and thought I would wait till morning to reply so I had time to sleep on what I was thinking to say. DEV Staff you took the words right out of my mouth.

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 8:28 pm
Hello all ;)
Yes is a big problem with "time stretch".
All peoples want to correct this problem...In future if is posible to correct the time stretch, all songs want to hear like on Pioneer CDJ-1000 or others like that CD Players.
I think that CD Players have a Processor only for Time Stretch or Master Tempo, and is cool to speed up or slow down the beat without any noticeable difference in how the vocal and instruments sound.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Geo

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 8:36 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dev staff :
you are doing a very good job ...vdj is the best software I work everyday with my TCV and I 'm very very happy ... our job is to demand features and yours is to make it reality(if you can of course)

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 9:14 pm
I for one don't use the time stretch for this reason, that its not very dependable, it sounds a bit distorted when mixing songs with a solid constant beat, like dance or techno. I sometimes use it when mixing r&b and reggae, as its virtually good. As far as the updates thnx alot to the dev team, for a great product, after all if you take a step back, it dose what we need it to do, and that's mix music for our crowds. Also apreciate the free updates provided by the team, this is a great product, and i would have no problem paying for updates, if it came down to that. I know maintaining a product like this cost $$ and takes up time. So the way i see it, The time streatch is nothing that i would die without, its just another added bonus with the program, however would be great if it was redone

just though i would put in my two cents :P

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 10:39 pm
Hey Dev Staff I hope that I didn't rub any of you the wrong way. I wasn't complaining about the program. As a matter of fact I am always steering new users to its greatness. I just had a simple question about the Time Stretch. That's all. I think that I have made myself perfectly clear in the past about Audio DJing versus Video DJing. I am a happy customer who uses the program daily. I try to help on this forum daily. But as a customer I should have an opinion at least. I wasn't busting anyones chops. Just an opinion. I want to feel that as a person I can at least have an opinion on this forum.
So...is the DEV Team doing a great job...YES. Is the program awesome...YES. Are the updates free...YES. No doubt! Would I pay extra for some audio bugs to be addressed...YES( Iam still using 2.06 because the video aspect doesn't interst me much). I am just lery about the direction of the program. It seems as if there is more focus on video more than audio.
Again just the opinion of a loyal paying cu$tomer...

MS

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 11:30 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I'm happy with VDJ. Thank's Dev. TEAM!.

Next time it we useful to known what things are still working out. It's nice to known that some things aren't forgeted, still on the oven.

Again, Dev TEAM, YOU DO A GOOD JOB!

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 11:40 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
I was not aiming at anyone in particular in the previous message, it's just that it's true it's a little hard to check the forum after a release and see only complain messages.

I can easily imagine what a new user who comes on the board for the first time would do. Just looking at the topic list would surely turn me off if I was one.

发表时间 Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 12:26 am
The thing is, PC DJ'ing is very problematic, and this forum is used as an online support, that's how it is here, you see lots of complaints, but with our support we turn those complaints into solutions, and it mostly can't be blamed on the software..

This is the first point of contact for people with problems (who often are frustrated and complain), unless you wish to divert them?.

On the other hand, there is alot of positive posts too..

发表时间 Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 12:47 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Dev Team,

Great work so far. One day I actually get around to setting up a dedicated PC and taking this program to a real gig.

In the meantime, don't look at criticism as complaints. After all, if all you saw on the forums was happy happy joy joy, how would you know what needed fixing?

Here's a suggestion. Amongst the hype and fanfare that comes with a new release, perhaps you could list the bugs you ARE aware of and ARE working on? So if you are working on the time stretch thing, just say so!.

Then you'd list:
Bug Fixes:
new video features:
Added Features:
STILL IN DEVELOPMENT:
time stretch
fatal error in loop
sky is blue
etc

发表时间 Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 1:22 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Nick,

we fixed that sky is blue bug a long time ago ;)

发表时间 Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 2:08 am
87%