快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: how do you get your first Atomixmp3 gig?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

mhvuHome userMember since 2003
I'm sure that there are alot of Atomixmp3 users would like to know about how to initiate the first gig at a club. So, if you are currently spin regularly at a club using Atomix, please share your story. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you for your valuable input.

发表时间 Mon 05 May 03 @ 12:11 pm
doxmitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey there -- I was resident DJ in Washington DC's largest night club (Tracks) for 2 years -- here is my 2 cents.. --- while I have not played professional with atomix -- in the end, it is about the music and your ability to play the crowd.

I would be surprised if the process has changed much -- i.e. record a demo tape (demo CD) -- the music selection is everybit as important as the quality of the mixes -- then set up a meeting with the manager -- you may have to prove that you sound as good as non-computer dj's .. beg, bargain, plead, steal, for a shot to play a set, a night, whatever!

when you get your first shot -- focus on the Energy -- it is not about playing your favoriote song, it is about controling the energy and mode in the room through the music..

I am not suggesting that you should sell out -- but let the music you play reflect the brand / reputation of the venue. If it is an 80's club -- guess what -- your gonna play 80's music..

Good Luck.

(ret.) DJ Doug

发表时间 Mon 05 May 03 @ 6:09 pm
Alright,
Well I live in the Detroit area and for me If you don't Dj hip hop no one will listen. But Like the guy said you need a "pimpin'" demo and before you approach the manager. make sure you have thoroly listened and critiqued it to perfection and if you are satified with it chances are the manager will be satified with it to. so now that you have a sweet demo ask the manager to have the regular club dj take a break and put your demo on while people are there so he can see how the club-goer's like it and if the demo is that good well... congradulations! although if the manager still has hesistation tell him you can get the place packed and have another great demo for him the next time you meet. by the way here's a good site for dj's starting out which gives ways of how to promote yourself and all that juicy stuff (http://www.dj-tips-and-tricks.com/)

HAVE FUN!

Any other questions?

发表时间 Tue 06 May 03 @ 12:15 am
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003

发表时间 Thu 15 May 03 @ 6:12 am
Ive started gigging at a new gay venue where I live. personally i like funky deep house. But I play for my crowd who are excellent. I heard this new place was opening and through asking lots of people found out who the promoter was (hirer & firer) and it went from there by sending him a cd.
I plug the computer into the the mixer thats already there. I always have the cd player loaded up. should i have to re-boot it happens occasionally because of used CPU .i have an AMD 3200 and even though the processor is fast and i have shit loads of memory. computers are computers!!
Atomix is brilliant as I mix without head phones now. I prefer it I used to gig with vinyl but now I get to hear all of the music and a lot of the stress has gone out of it.
my advice is keep at it if you hear theres anything new opening in your area start asking questions.
Russell

发表时间 Fri 13 Aug 04 @ 1:43 pm
be bold...find a warehouse in an industrial area you can rent and put a sat/sun rave on....as for whatever else has been said here i think the guys covered it all...good luck

ps....do the rave thing every week...sell water and junk food too......u will make a killing

发表时间 Sat 14 Aug 04 @ 10:23 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)