快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Check this out .... Digital vs. Vinyl ??!!?!?!!?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question487.htm

I was actually kinda sad when I read that ... Is there any truth to this ? I would've never thought vinyl could have better sound quality than CDs ???? I want to know the truth. It seems to logical that CDs would have better sound quality ?!??

Comments/Arguments are welcomed.

发表时间 Tue 15 Apr 03 @ 7:05 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There is NO way vinyl can have better quality then digital audio (minumum 16bit stereo @ 44kHz). I dont care how much you argue about ambiance, fullness, etc., its all there and perfectly capable of being reproduced hundreds upon hundreds of times again exactly the same it was recorded on a digital medium.

Not only that, but unless you spin records in the same clean room that Intel uses to make thier cpus, and use a brand new, sealed to the elements and air needle, not to mention, a brand new, never before used record each and everytime you goto spin, there WILL be anomolies caused by dust, dirt, and unevenness of the grooves meeting the needle.

Lets not forget the fact, that pretty soon digital will be moving onto the 24bit, 96kHz range for the home. Hell, if you have a decent/recent home theatre setup, you probably already have 24bit 96kHz capabilities with your DVDs.

Grimm

发表时间 Tue 15 Apr 03 @ 11:17 am
Please stop the technical sh... People able to hear the difference between a record mastered at 48 or 96 KHz are very few and need to listen to the record on top hi-fi systems. the fact that CD is coded at 44.1 KHz with 16 bits is not a guaranty of good sound.

Just buy a new vynil and play it on your stereo system, then play the same song on a CD and have your own feelings about the comparison. It ultimately depends on how you like the music you listen to to be EQed

Peace

PS: Save the vynil.

发表时间 Tue 15 Apr 03 @ 4:38 pm
Lavoisier:)

发表时间 Tue 15 Apr 03 @ 10:04 pm
Dimitris:
???

发表时间 Wed 16 Apr 03 @ 4:47 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have the same track on both vinyl and a CD Single. Yesterday I compared the sound quality back to back. First of all I had to tweak the bass, mids and treble for the vinyl to sound anywhere close to the CD... It was still not enough, CD sound had much more soundstage to it (3D effect), and more distinct highs especially in vocals.

DIE Vinyl DIE!!! LOL

发表时间 Thu 17 Apr 03 @ 1:12 am
abnorm:
you have an answer, remember my comment: a new vynil ...

发表时间 Thu 17 Apr 03 @ 1:05 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
....will still have dust and unseen particles accumalate in the grooves while its being pressed. Comparing Vinyl to CD is almost like comparing a tape deck to a DAC.

Use whatever medium you prefer to use, but dont try to sell the idea that vinyl has better sound quality then CD.

Grimm

发表时间 Fri 18 Apr 03 @ 12:05 pm
I'm sure your wives are not all supermodels. But qualitywise they are the best, because you love them. Same with vynil. Best quality is so subjective ....

I love listenning to Billie Holiday, especially a vynil, with noise and cracks but I stopped DJing with vynil long long ago.

发表时间 Fri 18 Apr 03 @ 6:25 pm
DJ NicoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A DJ from my friends play some mini disc, why not ???

发表时间 Tue 22 Apr 03 @ 10:19 pm
There is no way Vinyl has better quality. It sounds different ... but defiantely not better.

Vinyl is an ancient recording standard. "Artifacts" (like dreaded pops, clicks, dust) make those black discs terrible compare to CD. CD's 44100 KHz sampling rates and 16-bit depth provide alot more information about the sound than the human ear can even detect.

A bit off the topic: You can remove up to 4/5th of the data from a CD and still come up with similar sound quality (Sound Compression is a whole different topic).

发表时间 Wed 23 Apr 03 @ 2:15 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)