快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Too Much BASS!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

jokoHome userMember since 2004
Isn't there a piece of equipment I can use to limit the low/mid/highs so that when the two songs are playing together (even at full volume) it doesn't sound distorted? I of course, pull down the bass, etc. in one of the songs but still...I get a flat thuddy sound--especially from the bass when the beats match up exactly. There are times when I want a good "crash" when I bring in the second song but I never know if I've got its bass set too high until I play it--which is usually too late. Seems I'd heard of something that would limit the output of the two songs' sounds, no matter the level of the bass/mid/highs that would avoid this. Any ideas? If there is something, what's a decent and affordable piece for this?? Thanks!

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 03 @ 8:51 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
A highpass filter? You can build one yourself :) A limiter could be used too I think, but I'm not really a PA expert :)

Greetz, Ikke

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 03 @ 9:18 pm
or the equalizer in atomixmp3 ...

发表时间 Sun 05 Jan 03 @ 4:00 pm
1st) Dont play above level 1
2nd) try to use killer bass for transmitions
3rd) try to play with volume sliders,its easier to make shortcuts for them

发表时间 Tue 07 Jan 03 @ 12:54 pm
sketchPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Get an external mixer................. The mix of frequencies from each song can then be control acuratly.

Dan

发表时间 Tue 07 Jan 03 @ 1:15 pm
DJgbhHome userMember since 2002
Check wot sound card ur using some sound crap and have a high distortion rate and crackle this doesnt matter whyen there quiet but when its loud and lots of sound it comes really obvious

发表时间 Tue 07 Jan 03 @ 3:07 pm
jokoHome userMember since 2004
I have a Stanton RM-3s external mixer and two Soundblaster Audigy sound cards. The sound quality I get is very good (but thanks for the input--to the last writer). I ordered a Behringer limiter/condenser/high-pass filter to see if that helps. Does anyone know if it might? I've been mixing with my cards and this mixer only and have never used any other such equipment. So far I've been getting decent results but it's time to kick it up a notch. Thanks for your opinions!

发表时间 Wed 08 Jan 03 @ 4:19 am
You should try also decrease the main volume, it works perfectly for me at 0 db and i used the control of the speakers/mixer to raise it... but the output sound from the soundcard needs to be lower... like 0 db as I said.
Also you should try using less bass on the second track when mixing them, just increase it once you are decreasing the volume of track 1...
Other thing that can help you is try to fin the perfect point of beatmatch for that track, because when you match perfectly the peaks of the beats 2 things can happen, the beats anulate themselve or just sounds like a big boom, duplex effect... so, I personally prefer to separete the beats just a bit... try those tips, hope they help you : )

发表时间 Sat 19 Apr 03 @ 12:03 am
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Again a good reason for a dynamics processor ;-).

Salva

发表时间 Sat 19 Apr 03 @ 12:08 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)