快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Drum & Bass Mixing??

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Right, I've been fooling around with hard house and techno, bog standard 4/4 stuff and I'm not too bad, but when it comes to mixing jungle and D&B I really suck giant hairy ass. It's driving me nuts, does anyone have any general tips for D&B mixing, or any guidance at all?
Thanks in advance
jt

发表时间 Thu 25 Jul 02 @ 1:54 am
learn to beatmatch :)
thats about all i can say...atomix doesnt calculate jungle and hiphop beats well...

发表时间 Thu 25 Jul 02 @ 6:14 am
make sure to go thru each track and manually adjust the bpm yourself, as atomix will not pick up correctly on breakbeats or jungle. set either a 4 or 8 beat loop and manually adjust the bpm until it loops correctly. It's easy to get the tempo in your head, and just bob your head along with the beat or count in your head and if you have a 4 loop beat set and it doesn't loop for 4 beats, then adjust bpm accordingly.

this is a little long and arduous at first but it's easy after a while. when you have the bpms set right, it's muuuuch much easier to match two tracks. i don't suggest using the magic button tho. I usually have auto bpm and beatmach enabled, but i use the play button only and fine tune the pitch with the shortcut keys.

I would start off with some songs that have very similar breakz or have very close bpm's. then when you can get two songs to blend almost seamlessly, try more advanced stuff after that. I really like mixing jungle and dnb with atomix cuz you can get some pretty sweet results. house is cool cuz it's simple, but too much and it gets a little boring. good luck. hope what i said made at least a little sense and helped somewhat.

phatty720
dave

发表时间 Thu 25 Jul 02 @ 6:24 am
Here is the simplest way to mix d'n'b. First get some prog that can calculate beat taps (manual). Every d'n'b song have the constant beatrate, but it is hard to notice. Listen a little to your song, try to bypass extra beats (if there are any), catch the bpm and mix.

发表时间 Thu 15 Aug 02 @ 1:52 am
the real bpm of the songs are the double or the half of that ones that you see just edit the bpm manual

发表时间 Wed 28 Aug 02 @ 12:17 am
only some of the time are the bpm's double of what is being showed. that only happens to me for about 5-10% of the dnb/jungle tracks i have

phatty720
dave

发表时间 Wed 28 Aug 02 @ 6:10 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)