快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: PFL (Pre Fade Listen)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

maxiusPRO InfinityMember since 2001
pleeeeeez help me! i would like to know how to ad a second soundcard to my laptop. iff i use the pc slots would i then be able to PFL my sound before mixing. i have an acer200dx
marius_van_rooyen@hotmail.com

发表时间 Tue 19 Jun 01 @ 11:31 pm
Yes, you can monitor the next track if you have a second soundcard. I installed a pci128 soundblaster and it works great. I had 1 problem when I first installed it though. Because my PC is plug and play, my crystal audio card vanished when I installed the soundblaster. I asked for help in this forum and Yan-X had the answer. Goto your bios setup and find the peripheral setup and force enable on your audio. Mine was set on auto therefore only allowing one soundcard. I changed to enable and all worked fine. If you have the same problem you can try this. If I explained it shitty then ask Yan-X and hopefully he will help you like he did for me. see ya.

发表时间 Wed 20 Jun 01 @ 5:58 am
hi all!
i managed to sort out the problem.
because the soundcard is the first thing to go into any laptop computer, there is no aftermarket for pc slot soundcards. i had a lot of diffucilty finding a usb "like" soundcard and was told by every computer store that it would be impossible to connect an external soundcard to my laptop. it is in fact possible to pre fade listen your mix with only one soundcard on any usb laptop or desktop. how??????????

all you need to do is get a usb earphone heads like "planetronics dsp-400/500".(you know those ones the nerds in the telesales department use) install the drivers. now go to the soundconfigiration and click on the dual souncards. also click on the "speakers and earphone" icon and select your laptop/desktop soundcard as your first card and your usb earphones as your second card. and presto!

发表时间 Sat 23 Jun 01 @ 10:21 pm
spelling error-------heads=headset

发表时间 Sat 23 Jun 01 @ 10:23 pm
corePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have to emphathise this: If using a laptop, one sound card is enough. As a matter of fact, one soundcard is enough for any situation, it is just not as intuitive to configure as two. Usb devices tend to have horrible sound quality, with the exception of the most expensive ones. I use a Compaq Armada E500 in clubs, and all I bring with me is a standard RCA cord which I connect to the built-in soundcard. Noone can tell it's mono sound they're dancing to. Don't waste your money on bulky and useless add-ons. Look for my post at the general discussion forum, or write me at mliberte@netvision.net.il for more info on how to implement two output channels with a single soundcard.

发表时间 Mon 25 Jun 01 @ 11:59 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)