快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: The famous 2000 vs. XP debate continues ....

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Well ... I just did a clean format on the system and installed a dual boot of 2000 Professional and XP Pro ... before installing ANYTHING else on both partitions .. (being the atomixer I am) I installed atomix first thing. I compared on how it ran on both (using my version of the Classic Skin using the pre-defines colours on the curves) ... suprisingly ....

IT RAN ON 2000 PRO MUCH MUCH SMOOTHER !!!

I guess its that NT kernel which really helps. XP is great for all-around use ... but for all you that have laptops or use atomix in clubs .. 2000 is the way to go !!!!!!!!!

Leave your feelings/comments/critisms here ..
Cheers.

发表时间 Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 6:45 am
A friend who have got w2000 told me that after installation of SP3, w2000 is very better and very smoother for all apllications than initialy. Is that right?

发表时间 Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 9:02 am
So, is atomix much smoother after instllation of SP3?

发表时间 Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 9:02 am
Well I haven't installed SP3 yet ... I heard that it's not that great, as it causes some corruption in the regisitry (Thats what my system admin. told me @ the college).

I tried installing XP SP1 on my computer ... but It would not let me d/l it, as i am using a pirated version of the O.S .. any ideas on how to get around it ?

But 2000 definately handles Atomix WAY better, As far stability, reliability and performance goes !! It's just too bad it doesn't have the features that XP does !

Rick ... I know you're happy w/ 98 ... but definately give 2000 a shot, or even XP pro, win98 is going extinct ! Its like having a retired old lady driving a Nascar.

发表时间 Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 8:18 pm
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I use Windows 3.1 and recently upgraded to 3.1.1! Wow what a difference, it's so smoooooth! ;)

发表时间 Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 10:15 pm
Install w95 OSR1, that's a bit more smooth...
With w95 OSR2, that's extraordinary ! :))

发表时间 Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 10:48 pm
I told you in my other post INSTALL 2000PRO AND UPGRADE IT TO WINXP PRO SP1.but you never listen to me:(

发表时间 Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 10:48 pm
I would !! But I am using a pirated version of XP Pro ... (Sorry but I cannot afford to pay $399 for the full Xp pro). They won't let u d/l xp sp1

phenryll .. you and your windows 95 ?????!!!!!!!

发表时间 Sat 14 Sep 02 @ 1:17 am
Trip, it's a djoke ! ;))

I answer to anonymous who works still on w3.1. For him, the next stage is w95... And w2000/wXP for him, that's another planet ;))

发表时间 Sat 14 Sep 02 @ 8:58 am
No, seriously, I've a dual boot w98se - wXP and I works with Atomix on w98se. No bug, no crash and the curve windows are very smooth, more than w2000/wXP, with or without SP.

I bought my p4 1.8A in April and nothing crash, nothing blue screen on w98 and wXP. And I play with game, network on w98se.

A dual boot w2000 and wXP is a great choice, but 5 giga for these OS, it's heavy I think.

发表时间 Sat 14 Sep 02 @ 9:05 am
Hey Phenryll,

I want to install dual OS but I am not sure how to.......same as you I wanna have XP and 98SE. Currently I'm using XP, so is it just possible to install 98SE right now. I would really appreciate if someone would guide me through the process. Thanx!!

Cheers!

发表时间 Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 10:54 pm
_editHome userMember since 2002
>I want to install dual OS but I am not sure how to.......same >as you I wanna have XP and 98SE. Currently I'm using XP, >so is it just possible to install 98SE right now. I would really >appreciate if someone would guide me through the process. >Thanx!!

First you need to partition your HD. You could use Partition Majic to do a live partition, but ive seen that program turn a computer into a paperweight faster than you can say "format".
Format one partition in NTFS for Win XP and the other partition in FAT32 for Win 98.

I used to have that same confuration on my system, but more and more i just used XP Pro. XP did have bugs when it first came out, but they were mainly to do with old drivers. Now everyone has brought out updates.
I personally would never use any other system. XP Pro rocks.

And in response to downloading XP SP1, try the winmx network. >

发表时间 Sat 28 Sep 02 @ 2:59 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)