快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Hardware Audio Compressors?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

nateHome userMember since 2001
I find one of the most difficult things with mixing (atomixmp3, or otherwise) is level control.

So I have come to the conclusion a hardware audio compressor/limiter would be handy...

Anybody know of any good products available without spending too much $$ ?

Only thing ive noticed so far as the alesis 3630 http://www.alesis.com/products/3630/index.html

-nate

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 02 @ 7:36 am
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nate, whe have the same problem, i been busting this forum to explain how importend a dynamics processor is for atomixmp3.

And i think they got the message, so have some patience?
I think the are going to build a software audio compressor like Ots-juke and implant it in automix

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 02 @ 8:57 am
that'd be great.. I'm aware they are thinking about doing that for 2.2, but I'm concerned with more than just AtomixMP3... so hardware would be a good thing.

-nate

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 02 @ 5:53 pm
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
do you now what the compressor is costing?.
And for what do you need one.

发表时间 Tue 26 Feb 02 @ 3:04 pm
well, I ended up going with a behringher mdx2200... It was the same price as the alesis, and some friends of mine tell me it's a better unit. More knobs/buttons too :)

The mdx2200 was 100 usd$, and im very satisified thus far.

why do I need one? because I like to worry more about mixing than about level control. It gives me a good amount of headroom to work with, prevents amp overload, and allows me to run the mixer at "full bore" audio output without sounding bad. It also prevents "fader dip" as I like to call it (outgoing track leaving too quickly when using the crossfader on a mixtable) -- and the best thing, is that if I adjust the levels in a gradual maner, it's never heard on the output.

It also has balanced outputs, which work well with bigger amps... my mixer only has RCA outs, no balanced.

发表时间 Tue 26 Feb 02 @ 3:57 pm
one other thought, is an internal compressor in atomixmp3 wouldn't have too much of an effect with an external mixtable.. sure, it'll keep the levels even between decks, but it wont have the same overall leveling effect of a compressor inserted post-mix.

发表时间 Tue 26 Feb 02 @ 9:35 pm
unless you are a true mobile dj with your own sound system i dont think compression/limiting is really that big of concern since most all house PA systems are going to have some dynamics processing anyways. Everywhere ive ever played they usually have a pretty complexe system with limiters, multiband EQ's etc. And usually all of this has been setup already for the given venue's size and acoustic properties.

those alesis units however are nice for the money. Same with the DBX units

发表时间 Wed 27 Feb 02 @ 12:53 am
Thanks guys .... I learned alot here !!!

发表时间 Wed 27 Feb 02 @ 2:52 am
so true so true... most clubs / (good) venues have gobs of expensive equiptment... dynamics processors, EQs, stereo expanders, surround processors, big phat amps and honkin' speakers... all the stuff sound tech's love...

I don't play out at clubs or parties... rather most of the mixing I do is either at house parties or at my own home making mix discs and learning...

I'm *really* liking the MDX2200 ... It's not top of the line or anything.. but combine the auto-gain of 2.1ßeta with a compressor, and your level is rock solid the whole set... the way it should be!

The autogain option in atomix is great... it works like it's supposed to, but it's only basing it's calculations on the level number which is only an indication of PEAK LEVEL. the compressor does the rest :D

Now to make a decision on a good EQ and a stereo expander.

-nate

发表时间 Wed 27 Feb 02 @ 11:14 pm
Just take a peek at the effects section... :-)

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 02 @ 3:35 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)