快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Rane Performer - Page: 4
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@VinylTouch if you are going to pre order, just say in the pre release thread, forum moderation we keep only one thread live about a device until official support.
If multiple threads crop up, don't worry about finding the right one, all threads are visible to the devs even if a thread is raised out of sight due to the one thread moderation.

Remote testing is always a 2nd best choice, but if the HW guys have delays getting hands on a device then it could be useful for initial testing.

发表时间 Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 11:39 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
Just curious (and no disrespect intended)...I know these new hardware devices are very exciting but, given one is primarily a VDJ user, why is it one would buy a controller that just came out and it is known that it's not supported by VDJ yet?

My previous controllers all worked the first time I connected them, so I assumed this one was also. So, I'm fiddling with Serato for the time being. It's not to bad, and I feel its worth it to have some experience on another popular app.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 1:36 am
@locodog that's good to know (not that I frequently update hardware, but I have friends who may get updated gear).

@dj donny collins the only source of truth for supported hardware is the Virtual DJ supported hardware list, you shouldn't assume otherwise (I know there are certain dj platforms giving the impression of "plug in anything and it works out of the box" but that is not correct (and maybe those platforms should stop saying that to avoid this kind of confusion)).

The fair majority of hardware on the market is made with native compatibility with other software, VirtualDJ devs then use the hardware description to map it to the software when they get access to it. Older hardware has the advantage of the devs having time to map it, but brand new, non native hardware almost always will never be readily mapped at the same time as the original release.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 2:44 am
klausmogensen wrote :
Machiventa wrote :
How soon did VDJ support the Rane Four after it launched?

The Rane Four came out in December 2022
The first VDJ early access release with Rene Four support came out 2023-04-11
The first VDJ public release with Rene Four support came out 2023-05-02
... so 4-5 months

FYI: It come out in December, but it was not available for sale immediately :P
So, that timespan is skewed.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 8:11 am

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 8:27 am
Yes, I think it was announced in December.
Anyway, it took as about 2 weeks to get the mapper to EA.
Then from EA to PR it's not only about the controller, but also about whatever else we develop at the same time in VirtualDJ.

We never provide ETAs, but that's a typical workflow for us, unless a device has something very strange baked inside it's firmware.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 11:58 am
To everyone asking "WHEN WILL VDJ SUPPORT THE RP." I can personally say the dev team is doing everything to pump out hardware support. Asking the same question will NOT allow for a faster timeframe. Even if they give an ETA on final support, there is no reason to over promise and under deliver. It will be supported, but until then just ride the wave and be patient. perfection takes time. I have used VDJ for over 20 years, and Atomix MP3 prior. This is the best software, and the team is freaking amazing.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 9:51 pm
djnikkofb wrote :
To everyone asking "WHEN WILL VDJ SUPPORT THE RP." I can personally say the dev team is doing everything to pump out hardware support. Asking the same question will NOT allow for a faster timeframe. Even if they give an ETA on final support, there is no reason to over promise and under deliver. It will be supported, but until then just ride the wave and be patient. perfection takes time. I have used VDJ for over 20 years, and Atomix MP3 prior. This is the best software, and the team is freaking amazing.

too many jumped on the train and expected it to be vdj ready.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 10:46 pm
burnyabad wrote :

Expected it to be ready because the Rane Four and Rane One were ready when they came out. And this has existed since the super bowl...

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 1:13 am
What's a "super bowl" ?

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 7:15 am
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3TWlDtPw4-/

More product shots of the rane perfourmer from the Super Bowl. I guess it’s fair to say it’s no longer a secret. #dj #djlife #mobiledj #djgear

took place on, Feb 11th 2024

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 7:37 am
The product was not commercially available since the Super Bowl though, that's just when it "leaked".

Just because you saw the trailer for a new movie today, doesn't mean you can buy the DVD now.

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 8:31 am
@GroovinDJ

Absolutely agree !

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 8:33 am
I will ask again (to make a point)
What's "Super Bowl" ?

Not everybody knows or cares about it. In fact outside the US, almost nobody knows or cares about it..
So.. why should I know what happened ? (I don't :P )

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 8:50 am
Back in February this was hot news in the DJ community - everywhere. I was certainly aware of it in the UK, and I have no interest in American football.

https://www.digitaldjtips.com/motorised-platter-rane-four-leak/

Performances at the Super Bowl usually hit the headlines globally for one reason or another. Remember the Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction"?

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 9:03 am
groovindj wrote :
Performances at the Super Bowl usually hit the headlines globally for one reason or another. Remember the Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction"?

And radio stations banned "Just a little while" on the back of it. Still play that tune now and again.

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 9:15 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It doesn't really matter about any leak, mapping doesn't start until the HW guys get a midi table or access to the device.

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 9:17 am
Michigan DJ wrote :
burnyabad wrote :

Expected it to be ready because the Rane Four and Rane One were ready when they came out. And this has existed since the super bowl...

It wasn't listed as vdj compatible.

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 6:05 pm
burnyabad wrote :
Michigan DJ wrote :
burnyabad wrote :

It wasn't listed as vdj compatible.

I'll also echo what DJDad shared when the Rane Four came out:
"At this point i can't say much about our cooperation with rane (and inMusic in general) but in the future if VirtualDJ is your favorite software and you don't want to see delays in supporting, feel free to ask the manufactures why VDJ support is not a priority for them." https://virtualdj.com/forums/251492/General_Discussion/Rane_Four_VDJ_Support.html?search=rane+four&page=1

So, sort of reading between the lines a bit, I think we could also put pressure on the hardware manufacturers to remind them to work with our favorite DJ Software pre-launch so we know the software works with the hardware immediately on the product launch. It will help the hardware manufacturer know they'll have more sales if their customers know one of the major software platforms is also supported in using the hardware.

发表时间 Fri 12 Jul 24 @ 5:00 am
Hello friend when will be able RANE PERFORMANCE support ..... I work with VDJ and not like SDJ ... now we bought RANE PERFORMANCE and need to work with VDJ ....

THX your answer

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 9:30 pm
54%