快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Clone stems & Stems on Colored waveform(not only shapes"
hi fam!

just wonder if it will be good, to add clone stem option to VDJ? I moved from Serato, using dim s11 and when I isolate vocals from track I just moving it to deck 3/4, and when im moving it it doest clone with stems that I cut off ant track is playing with full stems on, not only acapella.

Second thing - is there any option, to make stems visible on colored waveforms not only shapes?

thank u for the best software on the planet :)

发表时间 Mon 05 Feb 24 @ 2:53 am
1st question:
Maybe its stems_split that you are wishing for.

wrote :
'stems_split' will duplicate deck 1 to deck 3 or deck 2 to 4, with the vocals playing on the first deck and the instruments on the other deck

just add the script to a custom button, for starters, (second click returns to one deck) have fun !

发表时间 Mon 05 Feb 24 @ 3:38 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
1st question:
Maybe its stems_split that you are wishing for.

wrote :
'stems_split' will duplicate deck 1 to deck 3 or deck 2 to 4, with the vocals playing on the first deck and the instruments on the other deck

just add the script to a custom button, for starters, (second click returns to one deck) have fun !

thanks for your help mate, but no :( I checked stems split, but this is not that option. I just want to clone deck with active stems for example "acapella". Like I was doing it in Serato.

That was looking like that:
- playing song on deck b
- turn off acapella/instrumental stems whatever - it doesn't matter what stems will be disabled
- clone track to deck A/C/D(im using dim s11 and I have option to clone deck to C & D ) with stem settings form deck B

发表时间 Mon 05 Feb 24 @ 2:22 pm
Still not sure exactly what you wish to do.. and everything you would like to do can be scripted to a custom button, exactly as you wish.
VDJ allows for infinite flexibility/configurability.

check scripts:
select
clone_deck
clone_from_deck
w the wanted deck modifiers one can clone from any deck to any deck. (even not visible decks, say deck 6, not sure of deck limit.. but over 100)

then choose the stem you wish with script:
stem_pad

so the clone of the Vocal from deck 1 to deck 4, the button, becomes something like:

deck 4 select & clone_from_deck 1 & deck 4 stem_pad 'Acapella'

Play with scripts to create exactly what you wish.
I all can be done easily.

note: Can add shift and holding queries, to allow for 4 functions from one button, if desired.

发表时间 Mon 05 Feb 24 @ 8:16 pm
Thank you very much for the tips and I respect them very much, but that's not what I mean. I would like to simply clone a deck in which I have acapella turned on once, and in another song I only have bass turned on. I would like the decks to clone with the positioning of the stems they have on them. Sometimes it's acapella, sometimes it's bass. I would like it to clone not only the song and some particular stems that I program, but also the deck setting along with the currently turned on and off stems. Exactly as it happens in serato. In serato, the deck is cloned together with the stem settings.

Thank you very much for all the tips, but unfortunately Virtual does not yet have this option as far as I can see. I hope the developers manage to include it, because it was the icing on the cake :)

Greetings to everyone from Poland :)

发表时间 Mon 05 Feb 24 @ 10:43 pm
I also encountered this problem with the DJM-S11 deck move feature. Originally I thought it came down to resetStemsOnLoad (the default, it is set to "Pads"), but that actually affects whether or not the stem control is reset if it was switched off for the specific deck before, not if it was in the state cloned into the deck. The logic now has to end up being a check of active stem parts on the deck that is being cloned, and switching off/turning on that part on the destination deck accordingly, in addition to the clone_from_deck.
Realistically though, I agree with OP, the deck stem part state should be a part of the cloned state for the destination deck, and as of right now, it is not (which is confusing).

发表时间 Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 1:13 am
That will be cool to add this feature, that we can clone tracks with stems settings :) Wish they will add this.

Just uninstalled Serato from my computer, and feel super fresh :)

发表时间 Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 3:21 pm