快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Loading songs from Soundcloud loading covers of songs, not the original
mhzzPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I seem to be having an issue that when I look up a song on Soundcloud through Virtual DJ and then download/cache it, I find the song is not the original. It started happening to a few songs, until now it seems to be just about every song I download now is a cover version by someone else of the original.
Is anyone else having this issue? I should note I have a full Soundcloud pro subscription.

发表时间 Sun 28 Jan 24 @ 11:58 pm
The fact that SoundCloud is full of cover versions that are not tagged correctly, is not related in any way to VirtualDJ, and there's nothing Atomix can do about that.

This "masquerading" probably started on YouTube, with people uploading their covers under the original artist name, so they would get views when people search for the track.

Other streaming services often serve up alternative versions of tracks too. It's not exclusive to SoundCloud.

Just yesterday I was looking for a track (on two different services) and most of the results were live versions, but not labelled as such.

发表时间 Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 9:47 am
DJMBR01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
You soundcloud subscription doesn't bestow any ownership rights, merely access to play NOT own.

Buy your music and support the artists. Leeching from the ignornet is, at best, lazy.

File tags on leeched files are deservedly unreliable.

发表时间 Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 5:18 pm
First of all, he didn't say that he wanted to own the tracks. It's a streaming site. That's how they work.

Secondly, subscribing to one of the many perfectly legal streaming sites, enabling you to have access to millions of tracks for a small fee is not leeching.

发表时间 Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 6:30 pm
DJMBR01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Agree to disagree.

From Soundcloud's TOA: ...Any Content other than Your Content is the property of the relevant Uploader, and is or may be subject to copyright, trademark rights or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. Such Content may not be downloaded, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, re-uploaded, republished, displayed, sold, licensed, made available or otherwise communicated to the public or exploited for any purposes...In particular, any unauthorized use of copyright protected works within Your Content (including by way of reproduction, distribution, modification, adaptation, public display, public performance, preparation of derivative works, making available or otherwise communicating to the public via the Platform), independent of whether it is or becomes unauthorized at a later point, may constitute an infringement of third party rights and is strictly prohibited.

...and since the OP was discussing "the original" versions, it is plausible, if not obvious that we are discussing material that is subject to copyright, trademark rights or other intellectual property or proprietary rights.

发表时间 Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 6:56 pm
He doesn't write about theft etc...

What else can you contribute in response?
He can also read "TOA" alone...
----------
It might help to change provider.

It's definitely not VDJ's fault - since they don't upload it :-)

发表时间 Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 9:23 pm