快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Effects Banks 1 & 2
BlowwyPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Hello again!

Is there an easier way of changing what effects are in the effects banks?

My controller can choose bank one or two per deck, but I can't find the bank browser to quickly change what is in the banks.

I looked on the forums & DJDad has some info, but I presume it is from an older build, as I couldn't find what he was showing.

I eventually did it by going into options & searching 'effect' and typing the required effects in the bank section.

I presume I did it the hard way!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Jason

发表时间 Thu 30 Nov 23 @ 11:41 am
More info required...

What controller are you using? Which skin are you using?

What was the info djdad posted?

发表时间 Thu 30 Nov 23 @ 11:47 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
effect_bank_save 1

save all effects on effect slots 1-6 as bank 1

effect_bank_load 1
call the first bank set to the effect slots

发表时间 Thu 30 Nov 23 @ 11:54 am
Thanks for your messages guys.

I use the default 'Pro' skin with my DDJ-RX.

I can't find the DJDad info since i've been looking for it for you.

Those commands, I presume I have to program a button to do each one?

That is good, but it would be nice to have a window that shows what effects are in bank one & two.

Cheers, Jason

发表时间 Thu 30 Nov 23 @ 11:02 pm
You do realise the FX section in VDJ works differently to Serato?

In Serato they're independent and either set can be assigned to any channel, but in VDJ each deck has its own FX. In other words, the FX on the left are for the left deck, and the ones on the right are for the right deck.

发表时间 Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 12:02 am
...even then, vdj can do the fx the other way [I've said before the other way has merits but per deck is still superior for how I use vdj, the other way has a nice simplicity to it but that simplicity is too much of a limitation]

发表时间 Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 12:29 am
I thought it was worth a mention as it's come up before, and the hardware controls are designed for the other software and don't have the same function in VDJ.

Also I found that the DDJ-RX setup guide here has an error in the section about those A & B buttons (I've reported it).

发表时间 Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 9:53 am
Looking into this further....

There doesn't seem to be any mention of effects bank load/save in the VDJ manual.

There's no way to name a bank (and therefore to show the name of a bank).

There's no way to see which effects are assigned to a particular bank.

So if I create/save a bunch of banks, I can't give each one a meaningful name. I also have no way of knowing which effects are in the bank until I load it.

OP was asking if there was a bank browser. Not sure if he meant effects browser (list), but a bank browser would be useful.

发表时间 Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 11:28 am
Apologies for hogging the thread, but I think I've just found what the OP was referring to...

There once was an addon by djdad called FX Banks which allowed you to click through the saved banks and see at a glance which effects were in the bank. Looks like it only showed three slots though.

Unfortunately there's no 64 bit version, so AFAIK no way of doing this now. There's also an accompanying pad page which is still available, but doesn't do anything without the plugin.

发表时间 Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 12:31 pm
Thanks very much for you help guys!

I've only ever used VDJ.

I understand everything you have said, which is good for me being a steady learner!

The DJDad add on sounded like what I read.

At least if there is no version of that add on for 64 bit, then I don't feel bad for asking!

I will try take a screenshot of the option I altered, to manually type in the 3 effects I wanted in bank 1 & the 3 in bank 2.

I was originally confused by when I changed the effects on the 3 effects page to my usual effects, then pressed my bank 2 button, the effects would change, then when I pressed bank 1 button to change back to what I had changed to, they stayed the same. The reason is the default banks are all the same effects. I thought if you changed the banks, VDJ would remember them.

Great that I know why now, I wonder if that happens on any controller with bank select buttons?

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated, Jason

发表时间 Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 1:30 pm
Just a thought, I wonder if any of you clever people know a script that I could map the bank 1 & 2 buttons that toggles up and down through the effects banks?

Or one button toggles through the effects banks & the other saves the current bank, so if you alter say the 2nd effect on bank 2 the 'save' button would save it - much like what was mentioned earlier.

Jason

发表时间 Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 1:36 pm
isn't save just shift+button ?

saving more than 2 banks would have to be a custom_button job, HW you only have 2 save buttons and there is no dynamic save route.

effect_bank can be queried so you can scroll thru them

effect_bank 1 ? effect_bank_load 2 : effect_bank 2 ? effect_bank_load 3 : effect_bank 3 ? effect_bank_load 1

发表时间 Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 1:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Plugin was made before the actions effect_bank_load and effect_bank_save were implemented, and makes no sense to use anymore.

I have uploaded a Pads page https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/255729/Addons/FX_Manager.html (will be available from EXTENSIONS of VirtualDJ soon), which gives you an easy way to manage (load/save) your FX Banks.

发表时间 Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 2:16 pm
It's not so much loading and saving that's the issue.

With the addon, the names of the FX in each slot of a bank were displayed when switching between the available banks. As I never used it, I don't know if it was loading the banks to do this.

It would be nice to have a way of seeing how many banks are saved, the name of each bank (if that's possible) and which effects are in that bank.

I tried earlier to name banks but it didn't seem to work (based on locodog saying we could use effect_bank_save "NAME" and effect_bank_load "NAME")

effect_bank_save "my new bank" just overwrote bank 1. If we can't name them, it's much more important to know what they contain.

发表时间 Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 2:40 pm
Thanks for all the info on here!

This is helping me get more out of VDJ 👍🏻

DJDad, I'll look out for that fx banks manager thanks.

Jason

发表时间 Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 5:17 pm
Locodogs suggestion has worked for me.

The shift+bank number button saves the current 3 effects in that particular bank on my controller, so that will do me spot on for now.

Some very useful info on here for me, thanks again for your time, Jason

发表时间 Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 10:25 pm