快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

话题: Maximum amount of pads per deck?
How many pads can you have per slot? I'm happy to stick with the four slots, but would like to code a skin with 16 or 32 pads per slot.
I have tried to use 'padshift' to double up on the standard 8, but this doesn't appear to be working as expected, especially when using the PAD EDITOR to add color to the pads. Is 'padshift_color' the correct usage?

TIA :)

发表时间 Fri 17 Nov 23 @ 9:32 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
16 pads, 16 padshift

发表时间 Fri 17 Nov 23 @ 9:39 am
The limitation does not come from the skin engine.
Pad pages can have up to 16 pads, and of course those pads also support shift.
Skin wise I would not recommend to show the shift state at the same time / alongside with the normal state.
I believe it would be confusing.
Instead, I think it would be better to conditionally show pads 1-16 when shift is not pressed (you can query that) and shifted pads when shift is pressed.
It feels more natural to most of users as far as I can tell.

HOWEVER, if you're creating something for your own use only, then you can do as you please, and you can also "hack" the system to have virtually unlimited pads per deck.
I have a skin for my own usage that has 64 pads and 64 shifts working in ONE deck.
If the skin you're making is going to be private and this is something you want to do, let me know and I can tell you how to "hack" the system.. :P

PS: The proper way to take the color for a pad is by using pad_color X where X is the number of the pad. This script also handles shift state automatically.

The other way to go would be to use pad_button_color X and padshift_button_color X (which are mostly used on controller mappings) and deal with shift by yourself.

PPS: If you want to show multiple pads just for the sampler, then you should use the dedicated sampler_pad actions. This way you can create as many pads as you want. There's no limitation on that.

发表时间 Fri 17 Nov 23 @ 9:56 am
Thank you for your help... lots to digest!
This will keep me busy for a while :D

发表时间 Fri 17 Nov 23 @ 3:30 pm