快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: VDJscript: get_song_event current remaining (what does it do?)
About the get_song_event current remaining feature, what does it do exactly? (I ask someone who knows, technically confirmed)

In my tests (with 1sec repeat), it displays a countdown that I believe is for each phase change in the song, but what phases would those be? How is this number calculated?

I'm very interested in this feature, and knowing what it does exactly will help me a lot for the project I'm creating (automated lighting control from music analysis). After I'm done, if all goes well, I'll share here my results and the script I used.

Thanks!

发表时间 Sun 03 Sep 23 @ 11:59 pm
Does anyone know more details about get_song_event current remaining ?

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 23 @ 3:21 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It can indeed be used to get info about events in the song. They are automatically calculated.
When shown as text, 'b' means there is bass in this segment, 'B' means there are kick drums detected, and 4 means a 4/4 kick drum detected.
When using remaining, the numeric value of the script counts down the number of beats till the next event

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 23 @ 3:28 pm
Hi @Adion. Thank you for your feedback and attention.

I tried to use it as text, to fetch bass, kick or drum information, as you indicate is possible, but I couldn't... maybe I used the command the wrong way. I tried as follows: get_song_event current & param_cast 'text'

Do you have an example of use, please? Because there isn't much existing information about this resource on the Wiki or in this Forum... and it seems to me that this resource has great potential, still unknown by many users.

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 23 @ 7:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
param_contains "b" `get_song_event` ? on : off

param_contains "B" `get_song_event` ? on : off

param_contains "4-" `get_song_event` ? on : off

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 23 @ 7:47 pm
Thanks @locodog.
I tested it this way and got results... now I'm going to analyze the information and evaluate how it can help me.

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 23 @ 7:56 pm
And to play around with it more.. to see the values in a track..

Create a custom button.... with the Button name:
`get_song_event current`
(Note the back ticks)
or some other permutation of allowed syntax.

And scroll through some tracks,
so you would know where you may want to use locodog's example scripts above, or others.

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 23 @ 10:24 am
Hi @DeeJay,
Thanks for the suggestion, it helped to identify the possible values returned by the function.

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 23 @ 3:16 pm