快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: New Hard Drive Help!
Hey- Still a novice to VDJ. Last year I got all my folders categorized. I upgraded to a bigger portable drive, copied every thing over so that they're in identical folders and now all my songs in the virtual folders are gone. I can plug in my old hard drive and they show up, but how do I get it to recognize those files on the new drive?

Thanks.

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 7:05 pm
Set the Drive-Letter to same as your old drive. Also the folder structure must be the same.

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 7:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
How did you copy?

if you do the copy inside vdj it deals with it. If you copy outside vdj then then you've made work for yourself

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 7:10 pm
locodog wrote :
How did you copy?

if you do the copy inside vdj it deals with it. If you copy outside vdj then then you've made work for yourself

Oh really? Yeah, I copied outside of VDJ. I've not gone too far with new music yet. I'll try copying things over.

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 7:13 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
yeah copying outside does everything literally [if it says "C:\\" in the vfolder it copies that.]
copying inside it knows what a vfolder is and how it works, so it deals with those localisation issues.

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 7:21 pm
locodog wrote :
yeah copying outside does everything literally [if it says "C:\\" in the vfolder it copies that.]
copying inside it knows what a vfolder is and how it works, so it deals with those localisation issues.

Ok- I copied everything over using the browser in VDJ, unplugged the old drive and the files did not stay. Did I do something wrong?

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 9:25 pm