快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: My external HDD starts scanning!?
Why starts my HDD scanning suddenly, several times when I'm using VDJ?
When this happens I can't search for anything or open any new folders.
Only the one I'm in for the moment is possible to choose from.
This HDD is very big (5Tb) and mostly videos as I mostly plays as a VJ.
This is a issue I have had a long time with other big external HDD's on other computers also.
I'm connected with USB 3.0, has a powerful computer i7, 32Gb RAM, Nvidia Graphics and VDJ has always worked great in all other sense.
I have tried to turn off everything in Windows for indexing, sleep mode a.s.o. for the HDD.
This never happens in Windows and that's why I'm almost certain that it's because of VDJ.

发表时间 Tue 07 Feb 23 @ 6:59 am
VirtualDJ does not have any control over your HDD.
The description you provide fits perfectly with a drive that disconnects and then reconnects again.
This can be due to many reasons. A faulty cable, a loose connection, the drive itself going to sleep (some externals have firmware that will put the drive on sleep no matter what your OS settings are) e.t.c.
Another possible reason on large drives like yours is power consumption when a lot of activity is going on. Most likely you don't belong on this category, but worths checking out.

发表时间 Tue 07 Feb 23 @ 8:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you sure it starts analyzing "suddenly" without any reason ? Perhaps you have AnalyzeSongsOnView setting enabled and VDJ is analyzing everything in your Songs view after a folder is focused or getting results from Search.

发表时间 Tue 07 Feb 23 @ 1:01 pm