快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Can't use VDJ since last update, customer support weirdly unresponsive
fnk1312ControlleristMember since 2021
A couple of days ago, I agreed to install the last update to VDJ21. Since then, the desktop icon has no image anymore, when I look it up its properties it reads 0bits, and when I double-click it, I get a window basically saying "this app cannot be executed on your pc. to find a compatible version, please contact the software editor".
I have contacted the support via email. The person that has been answering is apparently satisfied with telling me that it is my antivirus software (avast) that is causing the problem, even if it never showed any sign of conflict with VDJ before, and even if I tried adding an "exception" for all vdj files on my pc, AND tried deactivating its activities altogether WITHOUT VDJ working again.
This person has also stated that I shoul UNINSTALL avast.
This looks dangerous to me, and even if I could do it temporarily only, what if it does not work, what if VDJ is still unable to launch after that ?
The person I talked to (Jimmy) is deliberately ignoring my questions, which I find highly irritating since his own claims have no proof whatsoever.
Sure when I go to avast's forum, I find a spanish person that had trouble with a vdj update, but this was 2 years ago - am I wrong in thinking that any serious software company would, in two years' time, have found another solution than "uninstall your antivirus" ?
Am I wrong in thinking that maybe that spanish person had a different problem than mine, since they DID NOT mention the program ceasing to launch altogether ? ("Hola buenas, por algún extraño motivo me sale un error al intentar descargar la actualización de un software que utilizo para mezclar música.")

Please help. I don't wan't to remember your company as a place where solving problems means paying more. I want to enjoy mixing at home during my vacations, I paid for that less than a year ago, and I do not want to be rejected and despised because I ask rational questions and seek detailed advices and proofs.

发表时间 Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 2:37 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you try to uninstall virtualdj, then run the installer again?

发表时间 Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 2:40 pm
fnk1312ControlleristMember since 2021
I just did that, it works again.
So yeah, I might have thought of this myself, but kinda lost it because the customer service person was initially not really trying.
I'm glad this is over, and I appreciate your help, ADION.
Topic closed !

发表时间 Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 3:03 pm